By Sailerm
venkman71 wrote:
TimsGhost wrote:Pretty neat how the original poster has different parts on his "kit", that what arrived in mine. So many of these parts don't fit together in any way. Having to force, drown in glue, and re-drill pre-existing holes is pretty annoying. Anovos just threw a product together, and didn't have quality control. Two years of development... for this. I should have gotten the refund when I first thought about it.
Yeah. Not true.

I had to force, drown in glue, and re-drill pre-existing holes too. It gets addressed in the build videos (which you'll see when they eventually go up). We had two kits to work with. One I built up and finished and the second was for a quick on camera build. With the on-camera pack, the trigger box wall shattered and had to be repaired. Every problem we encountered we noted and gave Anovos the list of corrections for a possible second run of kits.

:cool:

V-71
The trigger box is by far the most delicate piece of the kit. It broke in my hand. I was able to repair it ImageImage
feevrt, machina28 liked this
AmazonChitlin wrote:Where I am on my build.

The electronics are all in, but I Don't have my battery yet. I also have to attach the bottom of the wand hose.

Its almost ready for dirt layer of weathering!
Nice work! Looking great!

I'm curious what route you went with the electronics? I'm still debating which kit to order. Also, curious about your plans for the frame? I ordered the Anovos frame, but I'm still waiting to receive that... Wondering if I should just go with any ALICE frame at this point.
By Sl!mer
Yes, E-23, from what it looks like is a large flat black panel that goes near the controls on the wand. However, it has holes in it on opposite ends. However, on the wand there is only one hole. Are there screws that get drilled in? Because that isn't illustrated on the instructions.
Sl!mer wrote:Yes, E-23, from what it looks like is a large flat black panel that goes near the controls on the wand. However, it has holes in it on opposite ends. However, on the wand there is only one hole. Are there screws that get drilled in? Because that isn't illustrated on the instructions.
Could you post a photo of the piece you think it is, and the element in the instructions?
Sl!mer liked this
By Sl!mer
Kingpin wrote:
Sl!mer wrote:Yes, E-23, from what it looks like is a large flat black panel that goes near the controls on the wand. However, it has holes in it on opposite ends. However, on the wand there is only one hole. Are there screws that get drilled in? Because that isn't illustrated on the instructions.
Could you post a photo of the piece you think it is, and the element in the instructions?
Thanks, but I found this image and it cleared up everything for me. The Anovos holes for the screws was way off.

Interesting. I don’t know why he would have received his before those who ordered in 2016. Unless it was a typo.

Yeah, Anovos’ last update said everyone who ordered will receive it by the end of March. Still, they’ve been known to push back the date at the last minute.
Marcus B liked this
There won't be one. The original poster mentioned that they had to patch up various holes and redrill /tap and that it would be covered in the build video. Anovos probably isn't letting them release that video for that reason. Good ol' damage control...
da_rambler20 wrote: February 14th, 2018, 6:47 am Any update on the build video?
Last edited by twmedford23 on June 29th, 2018, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really?! I would think damage control would be putting out proper and well detailed instructions and suggestions accompanied by videos so that customers were comfortable with their product, rather than ignorin or deliberately covering up any kind of inconsistencies... I was originally hoping that they were going to put out electronics and a trap kit, but if the company isn't even proud/confident in their own product, I think I'll be steering clear from future buys from Anovos and just get a fan prop kit like Ben of Kent or something.
AceVenkman, Mad Muppet, twmedford23 and 1 others liked this
This isn't the first time that an Anovos product has been sketch and/or involved sketchy people in its development.

I don't know the full history of this pack, but I know some of their other stuff on a personal level.

It's a company I want to like, but they sure make it hard to like them. :(
Proton Props UK

BOK's record speaks for itself. He should have b[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]