Hey guys im looking to buy this pack today. their service dept said it should be shipped by 2018... I have no experience regarding these. I see the upgrades that OP listed, where would I find them on this site? also, is the wand not plastic? and is the pack itself a metal armature? thanks guys.
it would be a deal breaker for me I think. I want something on the heavier size and something that is pretty strong.... Can venkman confirm this? Im pretty a rep from anovos has told me it has a metal armature
By ccv66
Zantsumei wrote:it would be a deal breaker for me I think. I want something on the heavier size and something that is pretty strong.... Can venkman confirm this? Im pretty a rep from anovos has told me it has a metal armature
The shell is about as heavy duty as they get, I have concerns they're plastic motherboard won't take years of abuse, but for most people it's display and wear once in awhile, which it will do. There's nothing you cant make better or stronger. If you decide to make your own metal motherboard, the shell and aluminium board literally might stop a hand gun
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
ccv66 wrote:I have concerns they're plastic motherboard won't take years of abuse
Does the motherboard take a lot of the weight and forces of the pack?

One thing I'm seeing in reviews is that the pre-drilled holes are not lining up.. and that concerns me. Was curious if you or venkman71 can comment on that?
ive only seen 1 review saying the holes don't match 100%.... I ordered my anovos pack last night with alice frame.... Now my only questions for you gb heads would be... I saw a part list on a earlier post of things to upgrade.... I would want to do that should I order some upgrades before I even put the anovos parts together? last thing I want to do is build it up then try and take stuff off and snap something or crack the shell etc etc. also, I want a good LOUD sound kit. I love the hum like video bobs kit does.

also, I just looked at instructions.... im guessing all the part numbers and letters will come once I get my kit... but the 4 red blinking light on the bottom part of the pack are just stickers... im assuming I wouldn't want to put them on if I wanted a full working lighting syst correct? also I should wait to buy the light and sound system.
Marcus B liked this
yea im starting to think that as well.... The kits that gb fans sells here are pretty good? venkman would you wanan weigh in? also im sure he almost has his videos ready. I don't think he put any lights in his yet though.
By venkman71
FYI,....that is NOT the finished video. LOL! That's a quick-n-dirty one I put up to showcase the final build. The official Anovos build video chronicling how the pack and thrower go together is still being edited and should be out soon. As far as currently available lighting goes, the kits available here on GB fans can't be beat. They're slick, well engineered and once you figure out some of the higher functions, it's a lot of bells and whistles for your buck.
Marcus B liked this
Zantsumei wrote:are the kits here from GB fans very loud? I want LOUD
It's very LOUD!

Spongeface makes the kits in the shop and what I like it's a simple "plug and play" yet there are many upgrades for it depending on what do you want it to replicate. Spongeface is always helpful if you're needing advice!

I am curious though about what Anovos
is coming up with when it comes to Electronics.
Zantsumei wrote:ive only seen 1 review saying the holes don't match 100%.... I ordered my anovos pack last night with alice frame.... Now my only questions for you gb heads would be... I saw a part list on a earlier post of things to upgrade.... I would want to do that should I order some upgrades before I even put the anovos parts together? last thing I want to do is build it up then try and take stuff off and snap something or crack the shell etc etc. also, I want a good LOUD sound kit. I love the hum like video bobs kit does.

also, I just looked at instructions.... im guessing all the part numbers and letters will come once I get my kit... but the 4 red blinking light on the bottom part of the pack are just stickers... im assuming I wouldn't want to put them on if I wanted a full working lighting syst correct? also I should wait to buy the light and sound system.
The red lights on the pack aren't stickers. They're red plexiglass disks that can be seen thru. Same with the blue light on the back (it's blue plexiglass). The lights on the thrower are also clear. So the pack lenses don't need upgraded
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
I have to have "the talk" with the wife first, but I think she'll go with me on this. I'm not gonna spend $600+ without her knowing though.

As for posting the link to an auction, I'm new and I don't know if that's allowed here..
By ccv66
Tell your wife the pack will stop a bullet, save your life.. If you buy the pack and decide to sell it later on, it's always going to have value. You wont take a huge loss. There will be buyers who want a kit right away and want to avoid Anovos wait times or just want a finished pack. If you buy the new Xbox,it will be worth penuts in five years. I bought the life size slimer and went back and forth whether I should get it or not. It cost me a couple days of pay and I definitely got my money s worth of enjoyment out of it. I guarantee you'll get $600 worth of enjoyment out of a pack and if years later you get your fill, sell it. There's worst investment s

The motherboard takes all the weight. The one that comes with the kit is easy install and brackets can be fixed and strengthen. Making my own board is going to be a hassle and I'm not looking forward to it.

Gbfans / spongeface electronics are top notch. They've been doing it for years. I can't imagine someone jumping in and being better.

I would wait to order parts till after you received the pack to decide what parts you want to change and save money by avoid paying for shipping twice
Marcus B liked this
yea, I agree cc, im gonna wait till I get it, my other question is, if I use the glue to put some parts on and later decide to upgrade how would that effect the integrity of the pack? is that type of glue like super glue?
Time to wait! After the pics and discussion here I placed my order on Anovos. Judging from their shipping updates it could be end of December or January/February when it ships out. I ordered a Stormtrooper kit (received it already) and know that delays can and will happen. Hopefully this one sticks to its production schedule.

Once I have it and put it together (save up some money, too!) I’m going to get a light and sound kit from here.

Thanks, friends!
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
FWIW, Jangonate, they told me recently by email Jan/Feb for shipping. I feel that now that production has begun they can do the waves more quickly. I feel like the initial delays had to do with prototyping and dealing with any final issues.
Jangonate wrote:Time to wait! After the pics and discussion here I placed my order on Anovos. Judging from their shipping updates it could be end of December or January/February when it ships out. I ordered a Stormtrooper kit (received it already) and know that delays can and will happen. Hopefully this one sticks to its production schedule.

Once I have it and put it together (save up some money, too!) I’m going to get a light and sound kit from here.

Thanks, friends!
WORTH the wait. :cool:
By ccv66
Zantsumei wrote:yea, I agree cc, im gonna wait till I get it, my other question is, if I use the glue to put some parts on and later decide to upgrade how would that effect the integrity of the pack? is that type of glue like super glue?
Maybe a dab of hot glue, alot of other glues will have your parts permanently bonded to your shell and you will be breaking your shell trying to pry your parts off. That being said most parts, and especially the ones that might be switched , are bolt on. Clippards, booster frames. Those are the two I can see people possibly upgrading at some point.
The N filter & bumper stickers, dry rubs, vhook spacer, orange/white hats , wand led lense covers should probably done from the get. But those parts are relatively cheap

Cant think off anymore parts that I might change that are not bolt down... There's endless amount of time and money you can dump into it. What's your goal? There's alot of parts out there that are only going to be slightly better, but expediently more expensive
yea, once I start the project money wont be a problem. I want to be as legit as possible. I don't want ANYTHING cheap looking. so if it could be replaced with aluminum or metal etc I want the upgraded part. once I actually get the pack, im going to lay out all of the parts and make a list of things to upgrade. of coarse, I would need the help of this community as well to help me since I will have 0 clue as to whats going on.

also reading the insructions for the pack it shows using cyanoarrylate glue... im assuming once you use this glue and bond it to the pack, you should NOT try and remove it. is that true? so ill use hot glue or temp pieces for possible upgrades along with the bolt ons
By TK5759
Zantsumei wrote:

also reading the insructions for the pack it shows using cyanoarrylate glue... im assuming once you use this glue and bond it to the pack, you should NOT try and remove it. is that true? so ill use hot glue or temp pieces for possible upgrades along with the bolt ons
Cyanoacrylate is simply super glue. Use at your own discretion/caution/peril. :cool:
A possible alternate is E6000. A lot of troopers in the 501st use that to build their armor kits and it holds up pretty well.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]