By tommyb345
I personally would use “glue” the least amount possible with a pack. In case of fixing/replacing/future upgrades.
The instructions show to glue the switches in place!? That’s def a big no no

A drill and tap are your best friends when building a pack
ccv66 liked this
By tommyb345
Zantsumei wrote:what is a tap? I obviously know what a drill is.
A tap makes the correct grooves for whatever sized screw/socket head your using. You can get them at any hardware store or even buy a whole set of many sizes from Walmart’s automotive section.

And when using on aluminum make sure to use some oil and with every twist, back it out a bit to help get the shavings out of the way.

No it can not. But I’m sure it’s just a thin layer of resin that’s covering the powercell window so that’s more than enough. I’d actually use a Dremel depending on thickness
8BITDEATH wrote:Soooo a hobby knife can cut through fiberglass? Safely?
By 8BITDEATH
venkman71 wrote:Video is coming and for the love of CHRIST do not try to work on fiberglass with an exacto knife. Dremel and a cut-off wheel. All......day.......LONG.
Heheheh well obviously XD
I chuckled at the plans when it showed a hobby knife above the powercell and ribbon cable hole.
By venkman71
ccv66 wrote:You shouldn't need the instructions. It's pretty straight forward.
^ what he said. Seriously, if you've spent ten minutes on this board poking around you can put this thing together with your eyes closed. Personally, I put everything on the bench and separated everything out by part,.....ion arm and all parts, bumper, bolts and bellows, thrower, bottom cover, allen head bolts etc. and then I just dug in part by part and then assembled all the pre-built pieces like lego duplo blocks.
venkman71 wrote:
ccv66 wrote:You shouldn't need the instructions. It's pretty straight forward.
^ what he said. Seriously, if you've spent ten minutes on this board poking around you can put this thing together with your eyes closed. Personally, I put everything on the bench and separated everything out by part,.....ion arm and all parts, bumper, bolts and bellows, thrower, bottom cover, allen head bolts etc. and then I just dug in part by part and then assembled all the pre-built pieces like lego duplo blocks.
The only thing I'm confused about on the build is which bolts and washers go where. Everything else really is straight forward!
Sadly the instructions that Anovos made aren't very good in yhat department
By ccv66
I don't have the final weight, but it's not too much more.. heavy shell but plastic motherboard. However most packs are killers of shoulders and backs when wearing for more than an hour, regardless of how good of shape your back is in. I wore my first pack for 5 hours and it had a wood motherboard and no speakers, Just 9v battery + LEDs and the weight was still terrible by the end of the night. I don't think I've worn a pack more than 20 mins since than. Pretty much display only. So if your planning on going to a Con or party you might be better off with a vacuum pack or spirit pack. Maybe even consider a party pack and a display pack. It's nerve racking to have alot of time and money into a pack then go to a place with alot of drunk people

Shipping weight was 23 lbs, no Alice frame and no electronics's, but extra packaging
By venkman71
No. That's the point. The thing is like a Sherman tank. It's not the heaviest pack I've ever worn but it definitely reminds me of some of the old scratch builds from back in the day. The resin is thick, the parts are weighty. I'd say it's a good 15-20 lbs. I'll have to drop my next one onto a scale.
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
venkman71 wrote:No. That's the point. The thing is like a Sherman tank. It's not the heaviest pack I've ever worn but it definitely reminds me of some of the old scratch builds from back in the day. The resin is thick, the parts are weighty. I'd say it's a good 15-20 lbs. I'll have to drop my next one onto a scale.
Well, that's reassuring. Thanks, venkman71. Any update on when your assembly video will come out? I have to live vicariously through this thread until I receive mine.

I've never worn a proper proton pack- just one I scrapped together for Halloween 13 years ago now. It was fit to an alice frame which I still own. I've found that the frame itself is probably a real LC-1 frame and the straps are repro LC -2. I'm hoping to find LC-1 style straps/waist belt sometime to go with it as I want to lean more towards GB1, despite the fact the Anovos pack itself is closer to GB2. My uniform is going to be a GB1 style as well.

I don't remember it being any trouble to wear at all, even for hours. Honestly, the alice frame seems to be very comfortable. My understanding is an alice frame can be loaded up to 70 lbs! If the pack is even half of that I'd think it'd be pretty comfortable actually, assuming you don't have back problems. But they were made for much harder activity than a GB fan would put it through.
My old proton pack from a decade ago weighed about 20lbs give or take. I just have a serious back problem that would prevent me from wearing a pack for any given length of time.

I will have to stick to my spirit pack, I guess.
By Marcus B
DustinStantz wrote:My old proton pack from a decade ago weighed about 20lbs give or take. I just have a serious back problem that would prevent me from wearing a pack for any given length of time.

I will have to stick to my spirit pack, I guess.
I wonder if this shell would help you out: http://www.studiocreations.com/HOWTO/gb ... index.html

I don't know a thing about it though.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]