By killer96
Hello, fellow ghostbusters.
So i was at Slimabalooza 2018 held by the Windy City Ghostbusters in Chicago for the saint Patrick`s day parade. i dragged out my custom Boson pack and recieved a lot of positive feedback from my fellow busters so i thought to share it here.

My Build started with a Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 dud. I gutted the gun and kept the safety switch in place and followed up with securing two acrylic slots on both sides of ammo feed and smoothed it our with epoxy puddy

I then mounted two copper elbows to the left attachment rail.

After that i drilled two holes and secured two more elbows to the left side. as well as added two metal rods poking up.

with those done i mounted a electrical box to the right side. (this is for a mounted PKE Sonar, Still working on the electronics for this.)

At this point i finished hollowing out the plastic shell and started prepping for paint.

At this point the other half of the pack arrived. this is from scorpion on Ebay. and to be honest for the amount of delays i had with the guy it had its issues and i ended up tearing it down and stripping it. had to get a new ribbon tie, filled Hollow ion arm. new ion arm cap. Hoses, Sickers. it still needs a longer ribbon cable and seamless loom. tho the lighting effect on the cyclotron was okay the way he soldered it created a dead short on the battery so that was ripped out.

And so began the Shell Modifications. i Cut out several areas where the shell stretched out in the mold. filled in a pocket under the booster tube. Filled a small gap under the injector tubes. and created a fake weld bead where a 3d printed part met the bottom half.
And so began Paint. i used Rustolen high heat and gray.
And from the quick fit. i think it came out good. After that i modeled up and printed out a custom cyclotron. for the center and painted it to match.
now its time for electronics. i used a heavy props powercell in the pack and built a custom board out of a tracer for the cycletron. on the gun i used the VG boards main on the left and blue on the right. to top it off i tied a Plasma neon tube to the intensify button in series with the vulcan safety switch.
https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B46E696
At this point i started adding tubes and final assembly. after it was all together it came out better then i thought.

and there is its current state, mostly. it now has a proper ion arm cap as seen in the second photo at the top. What do you guys think?
feevrt, Christof, GBDRE760 liked this
By Evans
First thoughts were "That's different" and quickly followed by "man I love this community!" I have to say, that the Ghosthead community is among the most forgiving when it comes to props and innovations... try that at a 501st rally.. pfft. :sigh:
feevrt, killer96 liked this
By killer96
Evans wrote: March 25th, 2018, 7:42 am First thoughts were "That's different" and quickly followed by "man I love this community!" I have to say, that the Ghosthead community is among the most forgiving when it comes to props and innovations... try that at a 501st rally.. pfft. :sigh:
Good thing there isnt any 501st groups out there in my area that i know of. Anyways i always wheres the fun if we cant put our own twist on things and be creative. its been over 30 years since the first movie came out. The technology to capture ghosts have evolved over the last 34 years. Well I cant say "Capture" this pack isnt designed to hold a capture beam, lol.
doctorevil30564 wrote:That looks great!
GBDRE760 wrote:That's really cool man!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!
Thanks you guys

i have an upgrade in the works. i will be unveiling it at c2e2 in Chicago after that ill upload pics and video links o the upgrade in action the next day.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]