It's been a while since my first post on this thread but I wanted to make an update and show my progress on this project. I stay with it! I took a short break to mod my wife's spirit pack which turned out great and really got me hyped for whats to still come with my pack! I'll start another thread with that later and show you guys! But I'm back! Spring is around the corner and the weather is starting to warm up some. Getting really excited to start moving forward with this build, onto the paint phase!
My small 3d printed parts, resin copies, ion arm, and gun mount both crafted from plywood and sanded like crazy .
The powercell, got the final touches of putty applied, gonna sand it again and get it ready for some paint!
Cyclo getting a few coats of Mod Podge/water applied for a sealcoat, mainly for the styrofoam edges, but I just end up covering everything for overkill. Watching for drips too, less sanding that way! Mind you this is my first pack and as for screen accuracy, I'm trying my best to keep it as close as possible so pardon the flaws.
It's finally nice outside! Spring is here! Set up a table in the garage. Enjoying a nice import waiting for things to dry! Also printed up some Ecto Goggles while I was waiting! Sprayed em up with the gray filler/primer using TragicManner's method to fill in the print layer lines. Which I may add works pretty good!
Another shot of some parts drying from the Mod Podge. You can also see the cosmetic plating sitting there.
Close up of the Gun Mount with a couple coats of acrylic spray paint applied.
The PPD assembly and Crank Gen shell. This may be unusual to some builders out there. It is to me even! It's kind of a buffet of things going on here but I figured I'd show how I'm holding things together. Bonded by wood glue, JB weld, and trim screws. I placed blocks in other places as well, where I knew there was going to need the durability. I would let the glues and epoxies dry 24 hours before I even thought of drilling. But this thing is holding together nicely, and getting heavy!!
Letting that JB weld dry 24 hours clamped in position, I will continue the next day drilling 5 inch construction screws in from the back of the shell making sure things stay level.
All of the wood parts added the rest of the shell. The Powercell is a little hard to see, but we all know it's there. Did I mention this thing is heavy! Lol. I went the route of foam core in the beginning but as the build progressed I wanted the thing to actually be durable and be able to take a little wear & tear so I built it that way. Plus its going to be housing electronics so I def don't want the thing to just fall apart! That would be embarrassing! This thing is built very sturdy, and level, I was constantly making sure things were level! There is still a few things to do but I plan on getting the shell painted here sometime in the coming week. I 3d printed the Clippard valves for this project but now the plan is to purchase the real ones and make this pack even heavier!! I'd imagine the Clippard valves have some weight to them. I've worked on some pneumatic parts at my job in the past but never ran into Clippard brand. I plan on updating this thread again soon!