By Paco
so I'm in the middle of my first all-styrene pack and i saw a build video where the guys used truck bed lining to get the texture on the pack. i did the same, using a automotive primer, then truck bed lining, and finally rustoleum satin black. this is what i got:

in person it might look a bit shinny but i do like the texture a lot. please any advice would be great!
Last edited by Paco on April 23rd, 2019, 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By QuartZ
I see them! I've never used truck bed liner spray... what does it feel like when it dries? Is it hard/solid or does it have a rubberized feel to it? I ask because I don't know how well paint sticks to it, and I'd love to use it for some other projects myself

-Dana
By ccv66
Bediner is hard and paintable, you can also get shiny or Matte.. There's alot of ways to add texture but spray bed liner is easy and durable

Gloss or matte is determined by the brands hardener
By QuartZ
If you want to dull it, have you considered misting some Matte Clear spray paint on it? I say mist rather than coat because you can control how much of the shine you knock down by how heavy you go with the Matte Clear. Graphite powder may dull it some, but it will also give it a gunmetal sheen in a way that will change the overall feel of the whole thing IMO. I have used it on props before and it's great if you intend for the part to look semi-metallic. And, you have to seal it with some type of Matte Clear anyway if you don't want the powder rubbing off on everything it touches. It might give you a different problem.

-Dana
TragicManner liked this
By Paco
i might have gone too far on the texture. what I've run into is that the homemade labels i printed aren't sticking to the pack. would the vinyl and aluminum ones on the shop work best or ill run into the same issue?
By NotSabbat
Paco wrote: April 28th, 2019, 10:36 am i might have gone too far on the texture. what I've run into is that the homemade labels i printed aren't sticking to the pack. would the vinyl and aluminum ones on the shop work best or ill run into the same issue?

That will happen on textured surfaces. I ended up using some DAP contact cement to glue a couple of the labels down. worked pretty well.
By Kingpin
Alternately at an earlier stage, you could keep a section of the shell unpainted and unprimered to give a texture for the labels to adhere to, I used a similar approach for sticking some rubber feet to the underside of my metal Trap pedal.
NotSabbat liked this
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?