By Adub794
Man that really sucks. Sorry to see that. Do you think if the shell was fiberglass that it could have sustained the fall? I was about to reach out to Ben myself and get something going on a resin shell, but may hold off for a fiberglass.
By Fitzhume
Man that really sucks. Sorry to see that. Do you think if the shell was fiberglass that it could have sustained the fall? I was about to reach out to Ben myself and get something going on a resin shell, but may hold off for a fiberglass.
I think it would have still broken for the way it fell. because the ion block is the first thing that hits. With that part being completely solid, all of that pressure would have punctured it anyways. However, maybe if I had an aluminum block, that may not have happened. Either way, it happened and I'll get to work on it next week and see what I come up with.

Other than my situation, this pack is amazing. I have nothing else to compare it to but I absolutely would change a thing on the pack. I definately would put more time in learning the alice pack and how the straps work though.
By bishopdonmiguel
Supporting Member
I tracked down my “safety features” post. Thought it was in my build thread, wasn’t. Here’s the link...

Bishop’s Safety Features Recommendations

Edit: If you have a Rothco or other milspec pack with a weak center brace, replace that. It will eventually weaken and break.
Fitzhume liked this
By Fitzhume
I tracked down my “safety features” post. Thought it was in my build thread, wasn’t. Here’s the link...

Bishop’s Safety Features Recommendations

Edit: If you have a Rothco or other milspec pack with a weak center brace, replace that. It will eventually weaken and break.
As always, thank you for this information Bishop! I will be taking this step to make sure the pack stays secure in the future.
Hi

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

Makes me wonder how much of the rust is real..[…]

Playing through story and one side (I'm on stage 1[…]

Relaunching theecto1.com

Ahem.... I USED to run ECTO-135 ....back in the da[…]