By echo419
Thought I'd try and make at LED graph for my thrower, I figured out I needed 17 of these 2 x 5 mm LED bar lights. I'm going to use an Arduino and shift register modules to control them.

I just needed to paint the sides black or the light will bleed to the adjacent ones.

Here's a few glued and painted together.
jpetrutis81 liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I used an LED array module and then programmed it with a picaxe chip (not this exact one but you get the idea). Some day I would love to have a picaxe port installed in my pack the thrower so I can reprogram on the fly

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-SEGMENT-L ... SwIgNXwqUD
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Magnus wrote: June 21st, 2019, 2:23 pm I used an LED array module and then programmed it with a picaxe chip (not this exact one but you get the idea). Some day I would love to have a picaxe port installed in my pack the thrower so I can reprogram on the fly

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-SEGMENT-L ... SwIgNXwqUD
I did see those and have some amber 10 segment LED arrays, I just want to try a more custom look and cram more LEDs in there.
Well the first test was kind of a fail, I didn't realize these LEDs were slightly tapered from front to back. So this caused an arc to form even with a jig I made. Think I'll try gluing them in 4s instead of all at once next time.

I also have an Arduino controlled pack and I am not happy with the pre-made bar-graph I purchased. this seems like a pretty good solution and I am very much looking forward to seeing how it all comes out.
NotSabbat wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:30 am I also have an Arduino controlled pack and I am not happy with the pre-made bar-graph I purchased. this seems like a pretty good solution and I am very much looking forward to seeing how it all comes out.
I'll definitely keep this thread up to date.
NotSabbat liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 24th, 2019, 8:43 am
echo419 wrote: June 24th, 2019, 6:27 am It will be animated, I’m going to use an Arduino to control them.
Forgive me, I'm not understanding why you're painting the LEDs.
the light will bleed to the surrounding OFF leds if the sides aren't blacked out.
NotSabbat liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]