It feels like this is the first substantial upadate I've had for ages but anyway.
Im too knackered to dig out the dslr camera, so more crappy phone pics will have to do for now
Here's the results of a marathon assembly day.
Lots still to do, parts to make, upgrades to sort out and weathering ASAP.
As I had run out of paint before I could fully finish the bumper, there's a couple of spots that need a touch of paint once I can get some.
Frustratingly that means I can't attach the ribbon cable or do the weathering until I've done so.
And the supplier of my prefered paint doesn't deliver so who knows when I'll be able to get some.
In the meantime, it'll be sitting there taunting me and looking way too new and clean for my liking.
I've decided to just strip down and modify the SMC elbows ( which is why one is stripped back to white) until I can either justify the cost of a better option and new ion arm resistor, or be bothered making replica Legris elbows from scratch.
Unpainted Powercell rivets
Neoprene foam padding, head protectory thing
Texture behind the HGA
Texture on the right side of the sink gen with some overspray onto the right hand side of the clippard and vac tube mounts
Texture and wood grain on the gunmount
This dry rub was pretty old and didn't completely adhere but I decided to just go with it as i was planning to weather it anyway.
Installed the charging plate
These next pics show how the cyclotron texture can go from looking all but non existent to very apparent depending on the angle and lighting.
I'll try to take some half decent pics soon.