By abatedesta
I am having a proton pack commissioned and my builder is having an issue with the gbfans soundboard. Here is the condensed message:

"The second issue is a little concerning. I have the volume set in the middle and as soon as I increase it in the slightest, it will keep making... for want of a better term, farting noise, then play the sound for a second, then the farting noise again. Back and forth. Only thing I can think of is its over powering the capacity of the speaker. However, this would more likely just cause distortion. This is weird and I've never encountered anything like it. I didn't see anything about it in the directions. You may want to ask in the forums or contact GB fans about it. Maybe, just maybe its a bad component. "

"Alright, I had a chance to temporarily hook up the sound board. A bit simpler in some fashions to the module i'd been using as for example, i don't need one wire for "power up" and a separate one for "power down". Same with "firing on and off" Its all figured out. Nice feature. I have a total of three less wires to hook up!

Now a couple things I noticed. One, unlike the system I normally use, the background hum is automatically playing after power up. On my regular set up, its turned on and off separately. Also, and this is just my opinion, the end fire sound isn't as interesting to me. I don't know whats more accurate and there's been variations on all these sounds. Just FYI.

The second issue is a little concerning. I have the volume set in the middle and as soon as I increase it in the slightest, it will keep making... for want of a better term, farting noise, then play the sound for a second, then the farting noise again. Back and forth. Only thing I can think of is its over powering the capacity of the speaker. However, this would more likely just cause distortion. This is weird and I've never encountered anything like it. I didn't see anything about it in the directions. You may want to ask in the forums or contact GB fans about it. Maybe, just maybe its a bad component. "

Anyone have a similar issue?
Last edited by Kingpin on July 13th, 2019, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added content from other post
By RedSpecial
I just had a very similar issue today.
If I tried going over the half way mark on the volume control, the speaker would make that noise and the sound would cut out.

It turned out that I had a faulty battery, which wasn't providing enough power.
I switched to a new 12v 6800mah blue brick and the issue was resolved.

I was able to test at full volume with no issue after that.

Hope you manage to get it sorted :)
abatedesta liked this
    Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]