By abatedesta
I have a spirit pack with the spongeface ghostlab42 soundboard and the sounds are amazing! I recently commissioned a full size pack with Jupiter lights and the gbfans soundboard. The fire sounds on the gbfans board are ok. Is there anyway to take the spongeface sounds and upload them to the gbfans soundboard?
By Fitzhume
I'm not sure how Spongeface's soundboard works as the GBFans board does have a sdcard on the board that you can take out and move files in and out. I haven't done it yet as I'm still in my build and not to that point yet. My guess is that the board's instructions are looking for specific files/file names. Maybe if those are moved and named the same thing (BACK UP EVERYTHING!), maybe the board will play those files accordingly. I'm sure I'll get to that point because I'm like a cat when it comes to electronics and hardware. I'm sorry that I don't have a definite answer and only and idea.
abatedesta liked this
By abatedesta
Yes they appear to be slightly different. The ghostlab42 board has a longer proton stream sound with power down than the gbfans board. The proton stream sound on my gbfans board cuts off too abruptly after button is released. The ghostlab42 board in my spirit pack has a bit of overlay and power down after button released. Sounds much better
By mike_waclo
abatedesta wrote: August 5th, 2019, 6:06 pm Could possibly be a wiring or speaker issue.
I don't think it's an issue; I've noticed the same thing on my GBFans board... If I'm in "Movie" mode where I can fire without any overheat effects, there's no "end of fire" sound... It just kind of fades out abruptly and goes back to the pack hum. I only use the overheat mode because it has an "end" sound... It'd be nice if the movie mode had that power down sound when you released the button.
abatedesta liked this
By abatedesta
You explained that way better than I did lol That's exactly it! There is no "end of fire sound" it just cuts out and goes to hum. I will try and switch to overheat mode. I was switching the jumpers on the board but didn't notice any change in the sounds. Could be the way my builder wired the Jupiter lights up.
By abatedesta
mike_waclo wrote: August 6th, 2019, 8:33 am
abatedesta wrote: August 5th, 2019, 6:06 pm Could possibly be a wiring or speaker issue.
I don't think it's an issue; I've noticed the same thing on my GBFans board... If I'm in "Movie" mode where I can fire without any overheat effects, there's no "end of fire" sound... It just kind of fades out abruptly and goes back to the pack hum. I only use the overheat mode because it has an "end" sound... It'd be nice if the movie mode had that power down sound when you released the button.
You explained that way better than I did lol That's exactly it! There is no "end of fire sound" it just cuts out and goes to hum. I will try and switch to overheat mode. I was switching the jumpers on the board but didn't notice any change in the sounds. Could be the way my builder wired the Jupiter lights up.
By abatedesta
I found the answer in a previous forum post. I needed to disconnect batter to change jumpers. That's why I couldn't change modes. However, I wish movie mode had a better proton discharge sound.

"Hey guys i had the same issue and I was able to switch the modes by doing these steps.
1: with power off "disconnect the power wire from the battery to the sound kit.

2: Configure switches to what mode you desire

3: Use a jumper" touch a wire across the thrower screws to insure you have disposed of any residual power. "Believe me this helps the one time I didn't do this step it didn't work.

4: Reconnect your power to the battery/sound kit then turn power back on and enjoy!"
By mike_waclo
I wish there was a way to keep the slightly different (and to me, better) sounds of the "Movie Mode with Overheat" but eliminate the overheat timer... I feel like it overheats way too quickly.
By mike_waclo
pasco334 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 8:07 pm I’d love to be able to choose if the overheat/cooldown is timed or manual. I find the sound and lengthy process of this aggravating most times.

Agreed! It'd be cool if you could tap the red ear button to trigger the overheat, and then the normal trigger would give you unlimited firing.
pasco334 liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]