By GBDRE760
Hey guys, so I am going to add the rumble motor inside of my proton gun. The way that my proton gun is 3D printed, my front cylinder is solid, so there isn't any tucking of the runble motor happening in that area. I have the rumble motor that has the large weight on it. I decided to bust out the digital calipers and take measurements of the rumble motor that way I can hop into 3DS Max and make an actual enclosed box that will hold it in place and still have room for the weight to spin. I am thinking something that interlocks like a lego. That way I can get to it if I need to and it can turn inside of the box without disrupting any of the wiring on my GBFans wand light kit. If I do get something going that works, I will be sure to put that up in thingiverse for those who have a 3D Printer and would like to add that in there (If their proton gun box has enough space). I will try to make it as compact as possible. The motor isn't too big.
In the meantime, here are the measurements (in Millimeters because that is the scale that you would normally design in for 3D Printing). I hope you all enjoy :)

TragicManner liked this
Instead of messing with the units setup in my 3DS Max (Because I like the way that I have it setup right now and I use it for animation and stuff that I am doing at college) I decided to hop into tinkercad. This is my results. I gave a little play room to get the motor in there. I am about to setup a print and then check out how it went tonight when I get home from the college.

mike_waclo wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:18 pm Very cool! I was just wondering if anyone had done something like this!
Yeah, I figured it would be awesome to have the rumble motor in its own compact little space that way it can do what it needs to do without turning and hitting any wires in the proton gun box. My 3D printer is rockin n rollin on it right now and if it works out, I will post a link here when I release the files to thingiverse so that those who want that option can simply print one up :)
I made a hollow cylinder on Tinkercad a few weeks ago to install the rumble motor with large offset. I just threw it on thingiverse if anyone is interested. Def like your design, mine is just a simple hollow cylinder.
GBDRE760 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:24 pm
mike_waclo wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:18 pm Very cool! I was just wondering if anyone had done something like this!
Yeah, I figured it would be awesome to have the rumble motor in its own compact little space that way it can do what it needs to do without turning and hitting any wires in the proton gun box. My 3D printer is rockin n rollin on it right now and if it works out, I will post a link here when I release the files to thingiverse so that those who want that option can simply print one up :)
Hey, I know it's been a year, but I wondered if this solution had worked out for you? If so, would you be willing to post to Thingverse? I have access to a printer now, and I'd be interested in trying out this solution. Thanks!!
Corey91 liked this
I don't have the GBFans motor, but a similar looking one and I found it fits perfectly into a PVC pipe connector I had lying around. I was planning on using that..assuming there is space.. to keep it from interfering with the wiring.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Looks like it won't be streamed but socials will b[…]

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]