By giric thren
Hello All!

I am currently working on a Proton Pack for Halloween. I have been putting this off for a long time since, I tried making a master out of MDF, and a good friend has inspired me to get back into it.

Here is the progress so far

twmedford23, John Moody liked this
By Nesslyquick
Looks great! I've got parts printed but I'm putting off finishing because that's the hard part.

Is your cyclotron printed in multiple pieces? If so, you glued them very well!
By giric thren
Nesslyquick wrote: September 21st, 2019, 7:16 am Looks great! I've got parts printed but I'm putting off finishing because that's the hard part.

Is your cyclotron printed in multiple pieces? If so, you glued them very well!
Thanks!

The main body of the cyclotron was printed as one part. Thanks!

The finishing isn't all that bad, just a lot of sanding, and filler primer. The big parts are filled with Tamiya White putty, or Bondo spot and glazing putty.
By giric thren
I got some more work done. I did some sanding, and applied some more filler primer, that I will sand tomorrow.

I also modeled the half moon spacer for myself, and my buddy, and printed them off today too with the clippard mounting point for the pack.

By Styrofoam_Guy
Most of my pack is also 3D printed.

However where the wand mounts I used wood as I didn't trust a 3D printed part to hold up to the weight and the gun possibly being accidentally knocked around.
By John Moody
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 9:04 pm Most of my pack is also 3D printed.

However where the wand mounts I used wood as I didn't trust a 3D printed part to hold up to the weight and the gun possibly being accidentally knocked around.
I use a 90% infill ABS mount and it works great, no issues.
By giric thren
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 9:04 pm Most of my pack is also 3D printed.

That's awesome! Yeah, I can understand about the worry for the v hook. I plan on upgrading with a metal one as soon as possible. I am going to coat it with epoxy to make it a bit stronger.
By giric thren
John Moody wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 8:33 am

I use a 90% infill ABS mount and it works great, no issues.
That's good to know!

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]