Looking around online and noticed that "Anchon Designs" seems to have it figured out working well though getting in touch with the guy seems to be incredibly hit or miss. His seems to be based all in one section connected to the barrel and doesn't appear to take up space in the gun box.

Anyone else have anything similar to this in an all aluminium setup? Only other builder i've seen is freek geeky though that seems to be without any kind of twist\pop function.
RJ’s is the pop function, it can be rigged with either springs or rubber bands based on user preference. It’s controlled by the green lever next to the trigger box just like the movies. He’s actually doing a run on them now if you go to the freeky geeky fb page you can check it out. This is the first time I’ve seen someone who makes the pop activated by a barrel twist, it’s definitely a cool idea. Are you going for screen accuracy or something that saves spaces in the gun body?
gerard55 liked this
JWils23 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm RJ’s is the pop function, it can be rigged with either springs or rubber bands based on user preference. It’s controlled by the green lever next to the trigger box just like the movies. He’s actually doing a run on them now if you go to the freeky geeky fb page you can check it out. This is the first time I’ve seen someone who makes the pop activated by a barrel twist, it’s definitely a cool idea. Are you going for screen accuracy or something that saves spaces in the gun body?
Do you know if it's currently happening or soon in the future? I've done the wishlist for both the mech and the lever, and did the sign up sheet from a little over a month ago on facebook but haven't heard anything since. Really don't want to miss out on this!
Unsure yet, i was always in 2 minds if the screen used one was activated by the lever or the twist. They obviously show it on screen like the twist is how it's activated, i always thought the green lever was either just for show or it retracted the barrel and it was locked into position again by pulling it back and the barrel rotating back to lock it into place like the video shows.

I have the hasbro spengler wand and the green lever is a bit far forwards vs the original movies to be easily activated without moving your hand forward quite a bit, so was looking for the twist function, or possibly the green lever set the way it is on the screen versions to make it easier to access.

Trying to find an aluminium or metal wand, that guy on facebook anchon or whatever seems to read messages but not respond for some reason. I'll give facebook a look to see how that rj version looks :)
The barrel rotate seems to have been an independent function to the extension mechanism, the scene in the Sedgewick when they step out of elevator seems to show this most clearly, as Dan flicks the green lever, and doesn't perform the barrel twist:

gerard55, kahuna900 liked this
Corey91 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 2:03 pm
JWils23 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm RJ’s is the pop function, it can be rigged with either springs or rubber bands based on user preference. It’s controlled by the green lever next to the trigger box just like the movies. He’s actually doing a run on them now if you go to the freeky geeky fb page you can check it out. This is the first time I’ve seen someone who makes the pop activated by a barrel twist, it’s definitely a cool idea. Are you going for screen accuracy or something that saves spaces in the gun body?
Do you know if it's currently happening or soon in the future? I've done the wishlist for both the mech and the lever, and did the sign up sheet from a little over a month ago on facebook but haven't heard anything since. Really don't want to miss out on this!
I know he has the sign up sheets up there, not sure if he’s working on them currently as I think he was trying to finish up the previous run of knobs and trigger boxes. But if you signed up on the sheet you’ll be on the run. Plus I’m sure he’s being flooded with Halloween orders, but his stuff is always worth the wait.
Corey91 liked this
I find the video i linked more of an interesting mechanism as it seems to sit outside of the gunbox and leave more space inside. I was considering just a wand with the light and sound built in so space will be at a premium to say the least. 2 boards, a speaker and a battery all into a pretty small space. Just a pity that guy seems to be hard to contact as he reads messages but rarely responds for some reason.

Can anyone tell me if there is a kit for light and sound just for the wand or is it generally a light kit for the wand and a sound kit for the pack? I've looked a few up and most of them seem to be for the pack only, would be less of a headache if i could get 2 boards that are connected via a single ribbon cable. Checked the electronics section on here and the sound board looks a bit on the big side to get plonked into a wand.
From a usability standpoint I always thought the rotating barrel was a shortcut way to disarm the device, like a safety feature.

When you want to store it, you rotate the barrel anti clockwise so the grip faces up and it clicks. Safety is on.

This way it cannot fire, even if all the switches are activated. The barrel will not extend using the green lever.

You have to take the safety off by rotating the barrel clockwise (so the forward grip faces right), this also could automatically extend the barrel depending on the position of the green lever. But usually the barrel did not extend with the rotation.

Barrel must be extended to fire though.

Most of the time people don’t bother putting the storage safety on so the grip is in “armed” position most of the time.

PS: I loved how the Matty wand would not fire with the barrel retracted and / or the 3rd switch off, it would just blink the red light indicating incorrect operation.
Corey91 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 2:03 pm Do you know if it's currently happening or soon in the future? I've done the wishlist for both the mech and the lever, and did the sign up sheet from a little over a month ago on facebook but haven't heard anything since. Really don't want to miss out on this!
I signed up for some of his runs a few months ago. I messaged him maybe a month ago, and he said he'd got backed up due to some real life stuff, and was getting back up to speed. I know he's in the middle of doing the gun bodies at the moment, and then moving onto the gun knobs etc. so you'll just need to be patient :)
Corey91 liked this
This thread might be of use to you. A few forum members had the opportunity to visit the Sony prop archives and examine the inside of one of the actual hero throwers. They detailed how it works. If you are looking purchase a kit, RJ/FreekyGeeky's pop mech works exactly like it.

viewtopic.php?t=37484
Wedgeismyhero, Kingpin liked this
Lowberg wrote: October 5th, 2020, 7:29 am This thread might be of use to you. A few forum members had the opportunity to visit the Sony prop archives and examine the inside of one of the actual hero throwers. They detailed how it works. If you are looking purchase a kit, RJ/FreekyGeeky's pop mech works exactly like it.

viewtopic.php?t=37484

Yeah was looking through that last night, i think the gozer scene threw everyone off for years as to how it actually worked and people were looking for more elaborate solutions, when in the end it was more straightforward than what people thought. :) As i mentioned above for years i thought the twist extended the tip and the lever was to retract it, i never noticed Ray getting out of the elevator and flicking his barrel out as it's not that noticeable due to the tube being clear, always heard the sound just never spotted the barrel extending.
I came across another video on youtube (which for some reason isn't showing in my youtube history so i can't find it at the minute :roll: ) that used a linkage mechanism to extend and retract the barrel. Didn't show the inside but it looked quite a bit like how the matty wand operated. It is interesting seeing how many alternatives people have come up with for something that on paper at least you would think would be pretty straightforward.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]