By Lempo
Looks great...

Do you have a pdf or a hint for me how you connected everything?

Cause I plan on doing it myself on my pack, but I really haven't a clue how to wire everything and not kill my hasbro wand
Lempo wrote: October 16th, 2020, 10:45 am Looks great...

Do you have a pdf or a hint for me how you connected everything?

Cause I plan on doing it myself on my pack, but I really haven't a clue how to wire everything and not kill my hasbro wand
Ok, so I didn't connect the wand to the gbfans kits, they are each running separately from each other. I am also a bit of an arcade enthusiast, and as such I have an abundance of arcade joystick, buttons and switches (the switches are below the buttons, the buttons activate the switches). Anyways... I hooked up the gbfans firing sound and vent to arcade switches. I ran the wires down to the wand, and attached them to the wand under the shotgun grip. So I can activate them with my left hand, and use my right for the wand sounds. I've practiced firing them, so it's pretty seem less. Most people would have no idea they are two separate sounds and buttons.

The song and start up sounds I wired to switches that are on the pack. The song switch is at the bottom of the pack, and I can reach it with my left hand. The power up switch I installed on the upper left side of the pack (so it switches on like in the GB1 elevator scene.)

The slime tank lights are running off a separate led light setup. Just basic green "fairy" lights from Amazon. I installed a switch on these as well, which is located on the upper left side of the pack as well.

My wand is 100% stock still. I just used electrical tape and zip ties to hold the wires on. I also ran the wires so they would be the least noticable. Maybe someday I'll open it up, let me see what Spongeface comes up with first. I wanted full function of the gbfans kits and keep the things about the wand that makes it great. It might not be the cleanest of setups, but I'm pretty happy.
Lempo liked this
We have 3 different spirit pack mods. My mod (which is the main pack I have discussed, middle of pic), my son's pack (to the left of my pack), and my wife's pack (right of he pic). My son's pack has the Spongeface spirit light kit, custom slime tank just like mine, and the Hasbro wand. My wife's pack is mounted on an ALICE pack, Spongeface spirit light kit, and GB2 ribbon cable.
Lempo, ccv66 liked this

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London