By LtPinkerton
So I barley got my pack completed before Halloween. I’m not too happy with. It looks like a proton pack but the wand and some other stuff just looks off.

Is there anyone who takes a commission of this sort? Basically just having my pack rebuilt a little better and with materials I couldn’t work with (IE Aluminum mother board instead of cardboard). Also electronics in the wand and pack and cutting the power cell slot.
By LtPinkerton
Darth_Egon wrote: October 31st, 2020, 8:20 pm Most if not all the parts you mentioned can be bought here in the store. Do you have any pics you could show what the current state of your pack is by chance? I might be interested as I am finishing up my pack build this week hopefully.
Here’s an Imgur link. The straps on my Alice pack actually came undone and my pack hit the ground causing the booster tube and frame to come off, as well as the crank knob. It’s something I’d love to sit and fix and make look decent but I usually have about 30 minutes to an hour a day after work and school.

Also my ribbon cable twist is pathetic. It looked halfway decent before my clamp and booster tube hit the ground.
By Darth_Egon
I don’t see a link bud? Once I can see it I’ll price it out for you via the items at the gbfans store if you like. You can pm me on what kind of budget you have too that would be a big help in figuring out where to go next
LtPinkerton liked this
By LtPinkerton
Darth_Egon wrote: November 1st, 2020, 1:57 pm I don’t see a link bud? Once I can see it I’ll price it out for you via the items at the gbfans store if you like. You can pm me on what kind of budget you have too that would be a big help in figuring out where to go next
Somehow forgot to post the link. Still recovering from Halloween I guess. https://imgur.com/gallery/yfhlshU. I’ll PM you and hopefully we can get this going
Darth_Egon liked this
By ccv66
Definitely need to move to nuts bolts and maybe rivets. Normal glue won't take the abuse. Need some of that 3500 psi 2 part apoxy, but when applied to a clean surface it's permanent. Ribbon looks long. Little weathering and black wash, with scuff marks would go along ways. Without trying to sound like a jerk, I don't think I'd put too much more money into the pack. The backbone isn't there, you'd be better off buying a different shell. What I would do is try to go for a light pack, something that you wouldn't mind wearing all day. I'd almost do a plastic or wood mother board, go light and cheap. Have a pack you don't mind wearing to parties vs one that sits behind a glass case

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]