By Peet
Hello everyone,

I'm Peter or Peet. Since I was a Child I wanted a GB Proton Pack. I think you all know that need :-p
A good friend know a guy which collect some replicas and this man had an "old" selfmade Proton Pack
which one he brought from Great Britain.

I was very happy and euphoric as he said that he will sell it to me for... Okay I don't want to tell you, because it was way too much in my eyes after I had that Pack in my hands. But Ok.

Here is the picture my friend send me:

At frist glance, a very nice Pack (for me). I saw that the colors from the tubing are not correct, but so what, I'll will replace them and I'll have a very nice Pack :) But...

As soon as the Pack was at home I saw the big bunch of work... 97% of all parts are only hotglued. 85% of the parts are not well 3d printed, screws incl.! Most of the parts fall apart at the moment when I touched them... The decals are printed on paper. The whole bodypart is warped or bended to the middle (see next picture). BUT I will take care of that.

Within 25min all parts are removed:

A bunch of parts I've ordered already here in the shop, the decals from here I can print at work on vinyl. Next part to recreate some parts with help from my dad:

In the next weeks I'll fill all holes then sanding and repaint. I'll update here after every update on the Pack.

And that's the christmas present from beautiful life partner... I love her so much :)

Greetings, Peet and stay healthy!
By Kingpin
That is one of the strangest ways I've seen the Proton Gun achieved... Does anything actually fix the opening side in place, or is it just held in by a friction grip?
Peet liked this
By Peet
Kingpin wrote: January 12th, 2021, 2:46 am That is one of the strangest ways I've seen the Proton Gun achieved... Does anything actually fix the opening side in place, or is it just held in by a friction grip?
The whole plate is only plugged in and can easily be removed, but has enough grip so that it does not fall out
By Peet
Here some pictures from the back.

Unfortunately, I currently have not much time to take care of the pack.

The aluminium plate is from "Prop Fiction Movie Costumes"...
On Google I only found http://www.prop-fiction.de/ but this site is down.

The Alice Pack Frame looks good for me. Hopefully one thing haha.

Furthermore, I noticed that the shell was riveted to the aluminum plate ... That means I have to drill it out and hope that nothing breaks ... I will report.

kahuna900 liked this
By Kingpin
Are there no bolts or screws on the sides of the Pack which are holding the shell onto the motherboard? There should be two on the curved underside of the Synchronous Generator/Cyclotron, one around the Power Cell, and one around the Gun Mount.
Peet liked this
By Peet
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2021, 5:42 am Are there no bolts or screws on the sides of the Pack which are holding the shell onto the motherboard? There should be two on the curved underside of the Synchronous Generator/Cyclotron, one around the Power Cell, and one around the Gun Mount.
I'll check it out over the weekend and then give feedback.
By l3w1sb159
That shell looks warped to hell...
Is it a vacformed one? And if so what did they make it out of... a tea towel?
Hopefully it can be unwarped :/
By Peet
l3w1sb159 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:48 am That shell looks warped to hell...
Is it a vacformed one? And if so what did they make it out of... a tea towel?
Hopefully it can be unwarped :/
I saw it in the last pictures too. I just don't know if it really looks like that or if my camera warped it that way.

That it bends towards the middle is a fact, you can see that in the first pictures here in the thread.

I (still) don't know enough to be able to say whether it is a well-known shell or some self-made shell.
By Darth_Egon
This all can be fixed. Your going to have to fill the rivet holes and redrill the pack to mount it on the frame brackets. Step by step and you will get it done!!! Your off to a great start!
Peet liked this
By Peet
Little Update:

-One of two orders from the gbfans shop are on the way.
-I don't had the time to drill out the rivets.
-Female V-Hook for the Spengler's neutrona wand in progress.
-Wire loom delivered yesterday.

-Green tubing I found on Amazon was delivered today and I love it! It looks very very similar like the tubing from the Movie Spengler's Wand; nice dark green and 6mm diameter:

Darth_Egon, kahuna900 liked this
By Peet
Hello ladies and gents,

another little update:

-some more parts are ordered
-gbfans shop orders still on the way
-some 3d printer parts in progress

But I need your opinion...
should I replace the hat lights, the intensify button and LEDs from the Spenglers neutrona wand with the lights from the wand which was attached to the pack?

ImageImage
By Darth_Egon
If you wanted to be more accurate I would. I did it on mine but I decided against the Spengler wand as it felt too much like a toy. You can replace the clippard with a real one too as well as the heat sink, gun track, the knobs and remove the fake grip get an insert and use real tape.
By Peet
Darth_Egon wrote: January 25th, 2021, 1:29 pm If you wanted to be more accurate I would. I did it on mine but I decided against the Spengler wand as it felt too much like a toy. You can replace the clippard with a real one too as well as the heat sink, gun track, the knobs and remove the fake grip get an insert and use real tape.
Yes I want haha. The clippard is one of the 3d printer parts that are in the work. I'm honestly, a original clippard is to expensive for me with the shipping costs to germany... The heat sink and gun track same like the clippard... maybe I'll find one some day in germay. The fake grip are in progress, insert is another 3d printer part and some nice olive green military tape is ordered too ;) It's a lot of work... I looking here in germany on ebay and amazon for similar parts to avoid the high shipping costs. My Pack will not be 100% screen used. It will be "me" used :) It will be my pack and not from one of the heros from the movies :)

But thanks for inspiration and helping to make a decision :) Stay healthy
By Mattb1Stantz
Peet wrote: January 20th, 2021, 5:47 am Little Update:

-One of two orders from the gbfans shop are on the way.
-I don't had the time to drill out the rivets.
-Female V-Hook for the Spengler's neutrona wand in progress.
-Wire loom delivered yesterday.

-Green tubing I found on Amazon was delivered today and I love it! It looks very very similar like the tubing from the Movie Spengler's Wand; nice dark green and 6mm diameter:

Can i have the link of the green tube please?
By tobycj
Peet wrote: January 25th, 2021, 1:51 pm Yes I want haha. The clippard is one of the 3d printer parts that are in the work. I'm honestly, a original clippard is to expensive for me with the shipping costs to germany... The heat sink and gun track same like the clippard... maybe I'll find one some day in germay. The fake grip are in progress, insert is another 3d printer part and some nice olive green military tape is ordered too ;) It's a lot of work... I looking here in germany on ebay and amazon for similar parts to avoid the high shipping costs. My Pack will not be 100% screen used. It will be "me" used :) It will be my pack and not from one of the heros from the movies :)

But thanks for inspiration and helping to make a decision :) Stay healthy
Have a look at radwell.de for Clippard valves, I got them from their UK site. Still quite expensive, but a lot less than getting them shipped from the US! If you want to replace the red slo-blo lens and clear lens on top of the gun with the real parts they're quite cheap to get online too. I got the red one here and the clear one here, they're about 4 Euros each
By Peet
tobycj wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:50 am Have a look at radwell.de for Clippard valves, I got them from their UK site. Still quite expensive, but a lot less than getting them shipped from the US! If you want to replace the red slo-blo lens and clear lens on top of the gun with the real parts they're quite cheap to get online too. I got the red one here and the clear one here, they're about 4 Euros each
Thanks!!!

PS.: The white LED requires a 250 volt supply? How?
By tobycj
Peet wrote: January 26th, 2021, 5:19 am
tobycj wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:50 am Have a look at radwell.de for Clippard valves, I got them from their UK site. Still quite expensive, but a lot less than getting them shipped from the US! If you want to replace the red slo-blo lens and clear lens on top of the gun with the real parts they're quite cheap to get online too. I got the red one here and the clear one here, they're about 4 Euros each
Thanks!!!

PS.: The white LED requires a 250 volt supply? How?
Just strip out the bulb in there and use the one with your light kit, basically just use it as a lens

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]