Ghostguy66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:20 am I’m loving the bumper, it’s a great piece, but I’m starting to wonder about how long it’s going to take to get the shell. From what I’ve seen, not many people have been announcing they’ve gotten theirs, outside of a couple of YouTubers and a few lucky folks on FB. Has anyone actually gotten it yet to talk about it? Now we’ve got the legacy pack coming soon, which I don’t really want, but will only add to the waiting process if they are now offering two different versions.
I received my shell a couple months back, but I also had a 30-something spot on the waitlist. My bumper should be arriving tomorrow as well.
Oh, dear, I’m well into the 100’s on the waitlist. Looks like I’ll be waiting a long time. I guess it’s not so bad if it’s a high quality piece. I hope I can have it built by 2022.
How is the shell?
Ghostguy66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 4:07 pm Oh, dear, I’m well into the 100’s on the waitlist. Looks like I’ll be waiting a long time. I guess it’s not so bad if it’s a high quality piece. I hope I can have it built by 2022.
How is the shell?
It's solid. A great idealized version, as others have said. I don't have too much else to add. The finish on the inside is a nice touch. Curious to see when the mobo is released, or open for order.
Mack's put out the call for reference photos/measurements of vintage Legris elbows last week, looks like they're working with a plastics manufacturer but trying to work out whether some of the "defects" are how they were originally or if they're a byproduct of their age.

That's a really good sign, I may have to buy a set for my 3D printed pack (depending on cost).
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Whoohoo!!! I'm number 956 out of 956!
While the quality looks great I seriously hope we don't have to wait another year but that kinda seems like the direction things are going in. I have a back up plan/ pack, but the Mack's version looks so much cleaner than the one I bought two years ago.
Doctor Disney wrote: August 17th, 2021, 12:13 pm While the quality looks great I seriously hope we don't have to wait another year but that kinda seems like the direction things are going in.
Yeah, that's going to be a multi-year wait.

Edit: Sorry -- that comes across more negatively than I wished. I'm just disappointed in the really slow rollout... but happy to be on the list and looking forward to eventually building a Mack Pack.
By CaptainTripps
Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
By tobycj
CaptainTripps wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:02 pm Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
Short answer, no. Many of the parts haven't been manufactured yet, so unless Arron or Ron (who run Mack's) chip in, anyone else would be guessing as to the final price.
By Ghostguy66
CaptainTripps wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:02 pm Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
No idea on final price, either, but given how slow the rollout has been (glacier slow), it’s so spread out that it almost seems doable. I used to joke that I’d maybe have a fully pack by the 40th anniversary, but it’s not so funny anymore. It might actually take that long.
CaptainTripps liked this
By SpiderFan2k3
I wouldn't worry about how long it takes. I'm currently #1000 of 1000 on the waiting list. But I know how Aaron works. I've personally spoken with someone who has worked both the bumper and the booster frame, and it has to be perfect. Dozens of molds and inspections and records. I know that they were having a huge issue with the company that was making the shells which resulted in deformities and poor products that were not up to standards. So they found someone else. Once they're set up, parts will start flying out.

Keep in mind, the folks Mack's Factory were given the license because they accepted nothing less than perfect. This is a huge undertaking for us fans BY fans. Check out and follow their Facebook page; Aaron is great about updating status of projects.
gchew, Jimsy33, kahuna900 liked this
Go on Facebook to their page or to the Mack’s Factory Proton Pack build group and ask there. You stand a better chance of getting a reply from Arron Mack there. Not guaranteed, but he usually answers if you tag his name in your question.
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
By kahuna900
Added the two new items:

Still waiting for my shell at #86... Missed out on the Synchronous Motor Mount (Bumper) and I'm anxiously awaiting its return.
Last edited by kahuna900 on October 19th, 2021, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimsy33, Ghostguy66, ccv66 liked this
By Ghostguy66
kahuna900 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 11:28 am Added the two new items:

Still waiting for my shell at #86... Missed out on the Synchronous Motor Mount (Bumper) and I'm anxiously awaiting its return.
I ordered the idealized one since all my other parts are also idealized and the shell I’m on the list for is, too. The bellows is supposed to be available next month.
By ccv66
Man they haven't fulfilled #86 yet, I'm in the 400's. Hard to be too mad being on the waiting list, when they haven't taking my money. I'll probably cancel that anyways, after seeing their legacy stuff . If I didn't get the anovos kit, I'd get both.
Ghostguy66 liked this
By Ghostguy66
ccv66 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 2:09 pm Man they haven't fulfilled #86 yet, I'm in the 400's. Hard to be too mad being on the waiting list, when they haven't taking my money. I'll probably cancel that anyways, after seeing their legacy stuff . If I didn't get the anovos kit, I'd get both.
It does seem that they are getting their mold/production issues resolved. Whether that means they’ll finally be able to begin releasing 1,000 shells to those that ordered them, I don’t know. Now I’m being tempted with the prospect of backing the HasLab pack, which is essentially the cost of a Mack’s shell. Of course, the Mack’s pack will be far superior, but I’m starting to wonder how many years it will take to get all the Mack’s parts. The HasLab pack, with its Spring 2023 delivery date, might come first. Maybe it’s better to back that project and just modify it with GBFans parts? No idea at this point.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
The Haslab pack is great, but it's going to feel like a toy.. if I could only have one, I'd get the Mack legacy. But that's going to be well over $1000 complete, with alot of time and effort. .

Let's say you're craving a hamburger. You could have a really great hamburger but you'd have to kill the cow and ground the meat first or you could just go to McDonald's. That's the kind of comparison you're looking at. I would understand either decision. If you are on the fence and you don't mind having 400 bucks tied up for a year, I would just order the afterlife pack. There's no way if you change your mind that you lose money on it. Should be an easy resale.

I'm assuming the legacy pack and the haslab pack are scanned from the same shell, if you ordered a motherboard from mack it should be close enough to fit on the afterlife pack
Ghostguy66 liked this
By mburkit
ccv66 wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 7:07 pm I'm assuming the legacy pack and the haslab pack are scanned from the same shell, if you ordered a motherboard from mack it should be close enough to fit on the afterlife pack
Mack's Factory Legacy pack is a cast of the Hero pack from GB1/GB2 that is currently in Sony's archives.

The packs in Afterlife are a little bit more complicated: they took a cast of the Hero pack, then cleaned up and modified it. They removed a lot of the casting defects within the original pack; cleaned up the texturing, and added some mounting plates (specifically for the HGA and for the N-Filter).

So they are not the same, but both of similar lineage. Mack's is more direct from a GB1 pack.
ccv66, alphabeta001 liked this
By Ghostguy66
mburkit wrote: November 4th, 2021, 11:23 am
ccv66 wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 7:07 pm I'm assuming the legacy pack and the haslab pack are scanned from the same shell, if you ordered a motherboard from mack it should be close enough to fit on the afterlife pack
Mack's Factory Legacy pack is a cast of the Hero pack from GB1/GB2 that is currently in Sony's archives.

The packs in Afterlife are a little bit more complicated: they took a cast of the Hero pack, then cleaned up and modified it. They removed a lot of the casting defects within the original pack; cleaned up the texturing, and added some mounting plates (specifically for the HGA and for the N-Filter).

So they are not the same, but both of similar lineage. Mack's is more direct from a GB1 pack.
I’m on the Mack’s path for the idealized shell because that was the first one offered, but I was considering using legacy parts on it to go half and half. Not sure yet.
mburkit liked this
kind2311 wrote:What's up with Mack's Factory? They've been active for more than a year now, but the majority of parts are still unavailable.
Mack's Factory posted a few updates on Facebook about the status of their parts and the shells. The company that was going to produce the Shells wasn't making them at the quality that Mack's Factory wanted so they switched to a better supplier, all the rejected shells that were produced were cut up and destroyed and their new supplier produced better quality samples of the shells. It was a setback for Mack's Factory but it sounds like they're back on track and working hard on doing these with the quality they're known for.
deadderek liked this
By Ghostguy66
kind2311 wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:20 pm What's up with Mack's Factory? They've been active for more than a year now, but the majority of parts are still unavailable.
I dropped a post on the Mack’s Factory Facebook build page asking for any hints on what parts are coming next, and it sounds like both shells, idealized and legacy, should start arriving soon, with “soon” being a relative term, depending on your spot on the list. The bellows should also be available this month, too, so keep an eye out.
By kind2311
kind2311 wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:20 pm What's up with Mack's Factory? They've been active for more than a year now, but the majority of parts are still unavailable.
Glenn Frederick wrote: November 4th, 2021, 9:09 pm Mack's Factory posted a few updates on Facebook about the status of their parts and the shells. The company that was going to produce the Shells wasn't making them at the quality that Mack's Factory wanted so they switched to a better supplier, all the rejected shells that were produced were cut up and destroyed and their new supplier produced better quality samples of the shells. It was a setback for Mack's Factory but it sounds like they're back on track and working hard on doing these with the quality they're known for.
Ghostguy66 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 5:40 am I dropped a post on the Mack’s Factory Facebook build page asking for any hints on what parts are coming next, and it sounds like both shells, idealized and legacy, should start arriving soon, with “soon” being a relative term, depending on your spot on the list. The bellows should also be available this month, too, so keep an eye out.

With shells and other pack parts being so easily obtained from other sources nowadays, what I'm actually more concerned with is the lack of thrower/gun parts. A full metal thrower is still the most difficult feature to complete due to lack of parts availability.
Besides the gun track, and front and rear cylinders offered in the GBFans shop, parts from CPU64 and FreekyGeeky are the only options, with CPU64 being reliable but bogged-down with orders, and FreekyGeeky being somewhat unreliable, and difficult to keep in-contact with.

I have a FreekyGeeky gun body just sitting here with none of the other major body parts to complete it, and it seems like I'll have to piece it together with GBFans parts and whatever else I can find in the wild.
By kahuna900
oidoglr wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:51 am I'm in the low 200s for an idealized shell, but to be honest after waiting this long I'm kind of tempted to just go down the route for the HasLab pack and call it a day.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I have three Hasbro wands (one new in the sealed box) and I ordered two Hasbro packs. I'm seriously thinking about selling all the Mack's Factory parts I have already purchased and pick up a third pack to keep in the box with my third wand.
oidoglr liked this
By oidoglr
kahuna900 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 11:10 am
oidoglr wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:51 am I'm in the low 200s for an idealized shell, but to be honest after waiting this long I'm kind of tempted to just go down the route for the HasLab pack and call it a day.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I have three Hasbro wands (one new in the sealed box) and I ordered two Hasbro packs. I'm seriously thinking about selling all the Mack's Factory parts I have already purchased and pick up a third pack to keep in the box with my third wand.
It does also occur to me that I could "invest" in buying a few extra Hasbro packs to fund a Mack's build since the HasLab stuff sells for so well, but I kind of struggle ethically with gouging fans of the same thing I share an interest in.
By Ghostguy66
I’m going to do both HasLab and Mack’s as I don’t plan on wearing the Hasbro one at events. I don’t think it would hold up as well.
By kahuna900
Ghostguy66 wrote: November 9th, 2021, 2:33 pm I’m going to do both HasLab and Mack’s as I don’t plan on wearing the Hasbro one at events. I don’t think it would hold up as well.

Well, if the Haslab pack holds up half as good as my spirit pack, I'd be very satisfied. :)
Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]