By l3w1sb159
You cant beat proper metal greeblies, and I've been unlucky so far finding anywhere decent where I can find all the knobs for the thrower (front knob by clippard, side discs, top adjustment knob, lever collar shaft and the other large knob underneath)
The only place I've seen all those for sale is Epicprops but after my current snafu with an order and communication breakdown (queue Led Zeppelin) I'd rather find them elsewhere.

I know Benofkent does maybe the top knob as aluminium, but that's as far as I know.

Any suggestions where to look guys? Preferably with uk friendly shipping costs
:whatever:
No worries, as expected.
Any recommendations of places to order from, I know GBfans do top notch knobs but I'm still waiting for my 2 previous orders to ship from them still and I'd rather get these asap as my thrower kit is on the way.
I've wanted to get some stuff from freekygeeky like bits for my pop mech for ages but like you said they always seem to be out of stock of almost everything. I'll give Mack's factory a look but I know how in demand his stuff is and most of it hasnt even been released yet!

On the point of pop mech parts, anywhere I can get the catch and lever from, I know CPU64 does bits but he hasnt been taking orders for now.
By JWils23
Shoot RJ at freeky geeky a message, I’m pretty positive he has pop mechs ready to go. He just did a run of them a month or so ago. I don’t know how frequently the site gets updated in terms of in stock/ out of stock.
RedSpecial liked this
By tobycj
Freekygeeky is doing a run of the gun knobs soon. I signed up for the waitlist last July, and last I spoke to him just before Xmas he said they'd be "coming up soon". I've just dropped him a line to see how they're progressing though, so I'll report back.

I know you've had issues with Epic Props anyway, but the quality of the ones they listed looked pretty bad to be honest, so I'd have given them a miss regardless.

There's this thread that shows you how to make the lever collar one. I did one recently, and it's come out pretty well. You can make the lever and catch yourself fairly easily with some steel rod and aluminium square rod, I made one last week! You'll need a vice, drill and some files, but it's not overly complicated to do.
RedSpecial, JWils23 liked this
By l3w1sb159
I had thought to make the lever myself, its 1/8" rod isn't it? It's more so getting the bends at the right angles that I'm not sure on.
I had a look at Mack's factory knobs and I have to say I'm not too keen of the finish, like too soft and weirdly matt looking.

I'll give RJ a try hopefully I'll be lucky.
Is brass or steel the correct material to use for the lever? Plus what grade should I be looking for for easier time bending. I made the mistake of getting the wrong type before that split.
By tobycj
I was reading some old threads about the lever the other day, and mburkit said it was brass after he handled some of the actual screen used wands at the Sony prop archives. No idea about grade though I'm afraid!
By l3w1sb159
Managed to get in touch with RJ and sorted out the bits I needed, thanks guys.
The one small annoying thing now is to try to find some nycoil banjoes as I'm aiming to build a super hero-esque pack after I've finished my current build, albeit a lot more ergonomic version!
tobycj, RedSpecial liked this
By tobycj
Sorry to piss on your chips mate! I got my hopes up when I saw them listed but when they looked it into for me they couldn't source them. Real shame as that'd have been brilliant!
It depends on how much of a rush you are in to get them but keep an eye out on ebay.
Nycoil banjos show up fairly regularly.
Sometimes marked as nycoil banjos or ghostbusters parts but often times they'll just be under vintage brass pneumatic or new old stock pneumatic fittings.
I actually managed to ask RJ to custom machine some banjoes for me how I said earlier - with a 6mm wide hole instead of the brass nub where the tube pushes in. I found some red plastic inserts that should hopefully fit just right (4mm ID 6mmOD)

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get them :)
RedSpecial, tobycj liked this

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]