By angelus0313
Hello,
This maybe a odd question, but when I was putting the bar graph and main board from GBfans into my throwing chicken wand body. I noticed something while following the instructions. On page 9 of the instructions GBfans provides, it talks about the flex cable and the way to put both ends into the there respected places on both PCBs.

But, I noticed when I started mocking it up that the flex cable is going to get badly crimped, basically it having to fold into itself into a corkscrew roll like you see on rollercoasters, if you follow the instructions to the point I am afraid of damaging the thin metal strips inside.

Is this normal or I am being overly cautious and it wont hurt the cable? I know the few times I seen flex cables like the one provided in the kit they are not as tightly crimped or the stabling side is on the opposite sides. Seen a few in tread mill / stair climber control console when I took some apart for parts.
By l3w1sb159
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ah yes, it's a reflector cup from a military flashlight. You'll need to hold the led in the reflector either with a led holder or just some craft foam wrapped around, and then simply glue it in place under the vents.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Brit ... 890.l49286

This is the one I used, so something similar should work.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]