Hi everyone!
Just thought I'd share my humble attempt to turn a Hasbro Proton Pack into something a bit more decent for my daughter's Halloween costume.
Just to make sure there's no confusion with the newly announced Haslab Packs - I'm only talking about this one:

My daughter is 10 years old and of slim build, so I thought this one (that has about half the size of the actual prop) would fit her well enough.
First I had to get rid of the extensions on both sides (meant to attach other toy-props):

ImageImage
Luckily they are attached with screws, so taking them off was easy.

After also removing the stickers we get this:
I then drilled some holes to light the cyclotron and made something to resemble the injection tubes on the left:

ImageImageImage
After priming and some coat of black paint it starts to take shape:

Mounted some red acrylic disks for the cyclotron lights:

ImageImageImage

Some LEDs for the Power Cell and the Cyclotron and a bit of ribbon cable added. Scaled down the stickers to better match the pack. Made a motherboard of plastic-sheet and mounted everything to the backpart of an old packpack. (I first tried to mount it on an actual ALICE-frame - but as you can imagine that just looked ridiculous...)

(Don't look too close on the N-Filter. My daughter found that part in my Junk-Box and insisted on mounting it just the way it is...)

Although the placement is incorrect, we took special delight in the (working) Power-Switch:

As always I finally ran out of time to add more cables and other stuff, but the girl was happy - so what more to ask for!
Last edited by Muddler on November 1st, 2021, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conqueror_Worm liked this
jonogunn wrote: November 1st, 2021, 6:56 am That’s awesome! Haven’t seen anyone done this yet.

May I suggest cutting the ribbon cable to like 75% of the width? It looks too big for this size
Thanks a lot!
You're definetely right about the cable! It was a last-minute-addition, so I just mounted it the way it came out of the box.
There are surely a hundred things I would have done to get it more accurate (maybe I will for the premiere of "Afterlife"...), but that's simply how far I got... :sigh:
I actually grabbed one of these too figuring i'd light it at some point and your project shows it has potential for folks and would even be a good started for those wanting to try arduino programming. I may grab another around black friday if they're on sale or still available, they didn't seem to be flying off shelves.
Muddler liked this

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]