hey everyone, i just wanted to share something with u all. this is something i was trying to get up and running for this past dragon con. times got tight and it was ready. at the moment the progress of this is at a stand still due to the room i am reconstructing. I know there has been some really nice strides with gbtvg props and i just wanted to see if i can put something from the game into my rgb pack. i will be making a movie pack in the coming months with a twist of stuff that i have seen from the game and just in general. i hope u enjoy this video . remember guys nothing is set in stone right now its just testing.

your pal ecto

I LOVE that!

Ok, Ecto, spill the beans.. what are ya doing, and how do we add that to our packs?

I wonder if there's a way to spilt that exhaust to two outlets? There might be some way to attach the nozzels and hide them under the bumper.. that would also work GREAT for Halloween parties, when people start pushing too close behind you, creating the possibility of damage! ;)

Cause someone hadda do it....
Not to talk for XxEctOxX, but he showed me a video of this back in October at the Big Apple Con. How he explained it to me was he had a can of compressed smoke, kind of like this:

And he rigged it to the pull string on the ALICE strap you see in the video. Then it was just a matter of running that hosing to the bottom corner of the pack. I think that's how he did it, from what I remember him explaining it to me.

I'm sure he will have a much better explanation for you then.
Hmmm $14 plus shipping per can. There has to be another online source cheaper.
That is just frigging awesome, especially if there is some set of lights behind it when you discharge the venting.
if it were physically possible for me to have your child on that fact alone, i would. because that is by far, the coolest thing ive ever seen. be prepared for me to steal that idea.
jackdoud wrote:
You could always use an upside-down can of compressed air. Just be careful you don't give anyone frostbite.
Only thing you have to watch with that stuff is that if you breathe any in (setting it off in an enclosed space or near people) the crap gets in your lungs and burns.
Ok so sorry for the late response. I was trying to come up with an easy solution 2 spruce up my pack and try to tackle a game add-on. I didn't have the know how when it comes 2 co2 stuff. So the next thing that came 2 mind was dust off. I always use to mess around with it at work back in the day. Also since the pack was already done u couldn't break it apart to house the can inside the pack. I know people asked about havin it the top of the pack but it's hard since the can has to be upside down. I'm sure there is a way but at the moment I didn't have space. Garee as for the mulitple spray question. I did in fact have 2 one on each side but I never took a video. And also garee this
video was taken as soon as I had my first test run. I got ahead of myself. I never took a video, but I did ended up loosening the bumper and placing it in between and applied a little pressure to the straw but not enough to disrupt the discharge. The outome was great! As far as the 2 cans go what I did was have the handle on my strap poke a hole threw the strap ran a wire down and to a pipe that went across the Alice frame and touched both triggers so when I pulled , the pipe it touched both triggers and they went off at the same time. The outcome.... Gold. I posted this cause I know how we think and I know as soon as the idea is there it will snowball and soon we will have something better
Mr sguy like I said this was when this was first put together I changed the position
So thats just compressed air? Ours isn't visible like that, and the cans have to be upright.

I wonder if there is a thin hose that could be attached to those that would make directing them easier? The biggest issue I see, is that the cans here are quite large. that might be hard to hide in a pack, unless you have a hollow shell pack.
Gareee wrote:So thats just compressed air? Ours isn't visible like that, and the cans have to be upright.
Is your "compressed air" actually compressed air? Because the cans used for dusting out electronics tend to be gasses liquified under pressure, and when you spray the can upside down the cloud is the cold, liquified gas vaporizing at room temperature.

That Dust-Off looks to be liquified methane, primarily, so be wary of venting your pack near open flame! CO2 would be a hell of a lot safer.
Gareee wrote: I wonder if there's a way to spilt that exhaust to two outlets? There might be some way to attach the nozzels and hide them under the bumper.. that would also work GREAT for Halloween parties, when people start pushing too close behind you, creating the possibility of damage! ;)
i was wondering the same thing, both ways. is there a way to take a hose from the compressed air nozzle to where you want it to vent? i cant see fitting an upside down compressed air bottle in the crankgen/gearbox when it shoots out the top. i think itd be incredibly difficult to have two lines wired up to one pull chord that snake all over through your pack. im not saying its not possible, but i cant think of a plausibly safe way of going about it.

i also, agree, that it would be nice to be able to have two outlets, one in the crank box, and another from the nfilter, shooting all sorts of air, to keep people off. especially considering my next pack will most definetly be a stasis pack, and i dont want some dick face breaking off one of those blue light bar thingies.
ProtonCharger wrote: i think itd be incredibly difficult to have two lines wired up to one pull chord that snake all over through your pack. im not saying its not possible, but i cant think of a plausibly safe way of going about it.
You could use solenoids or stepper motors that actuate when you press a button (say, the ear button) and depress the valve on the can.
WeeMadHamish wrote:
Gareee wrote:So thats just compressed air? Ours isn't visible like that, and the cans have to be upright.
Is your "compressed air" actually compressed air? Because the cans used for dusting out electronics tend to be gasses liquified under pressure, and when you spray the can upside down the cloud is the cold, liquified gas vaporizing at room temperature.

That Dust-Off looks to be liquified methane, primarily, so be wary of venting your pack near open flame! CO2 would be a hell of a lot safer.
They make a non-flammable variant without harsh fumes; the brand I've used is called Blow-Off and comes in a green can rather than orange, though it costs a lot more.

We play with it at work all day long. Great for sneaking up on a coworker and freezing the hell out of the back of their head.

...wait. I mean... That would be irresponsible. Don't spray people with it.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]