For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By TheBigGuy
Nolen, are you still getting the group emails? A message went out about getting a meeting together this month, but a date/time hasn't been nailed down.
By egie
I think I am still part of it but I never got that email. Thanks for letting me know, I will look for it.
By GohstTarp
Hello Portland Ghostbusters -

I'm looking to get to know other Portland-based Ghostbusters and am interested in joining your group. I'm a 36 y.o. Linux engineer and a longtime fan of the Ghostbusters. Besides meeting other local fans, my goal is to put together a full GB1 outfit, including proton pack and belt gizmo with an emphasis on screen accuracy, but not obsessively so :)

My plan is to tackle the uniform first. I'm currently deciding between the TRU-SPEC Flight Suit and a custom made Gibson & Barnes Flight Suit, so I'll continue to read the threads and do my research. So much to learn!

Patrick
By GohstTarp
RoseCityBuster wrote:Welcome! We will be having a meeting soon so we'll keep you posted. We'd love to meet you!
Thank you... same here! Really looking forward and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I've been working on collecting parts and items for my Uniform. I decided to go with an XL-Long Tru-Spec because of the convenience, value and color. I'm 6'2" and ~200lbs, so it seems like it could work, but if not I can always look into a Gibson and Barnes custom suit.
By ecto85
Indeed ....I had a great time as well. I also can't for my first bust. Fellow pdx ghostbuster feel free to add me to friend list or let me know if I can add you.
By egie
It was great meeting you guys! I had fun, it was a good meeting as always.
By evallded
Hello Portland!!!
By pseadynamo
Hello Portland GB group! This is Dave in Seattle with ECGB just wondering who will be at RCCC Saturday 9/19 and who is going Sunday? I'll be wandering around 2-3 hrs both days. No Ernie this year so I expect the turnout will be maybe half as many Ghostbusters... cool that Carrie Fisher is going to be there and with the two Power Ranger celebrities I bet there are tons of those cosplayers backflipping and running around
By AubreySparks
Hey guys, it looks like this thread hasn't been used in a year but I am wondering if the Portland Ghostbusters group is still active? I am just now getting into the concept and have some stuff coming in the mail to start working on an outift and was hoping this is still a thing. :)
By evallded
Hi there

Yes we are still an active group. We just have a more efficient way of communicating. I will have someone reach out to you:)
By Ecto-1 fan
No discussion in the last 4 years. :-|
Seeing the new Afterlife pictures reminded me of last Halloween. I found a local abandoned house and was allowed to get some pictures by the owner. It was a lot of fun, and several people stopped to see what was happening.

deadderek liked this
By WShawn
For those who are interested in such things, the Portland Ghostbusters got a write-up in The Oregonian newspaper, online and in their Saturday print edition:

https://www.oregonlive.com/living/2021/ ... -good.html

The story includes a video shot and edited by the reporter, Samantha Swindler:

https://youtu.be/HAtS_dYJUM4

Enjoy!

Shawn Marshall

https://portlandghostbusters.org/
GohstTarp, Ecto-1 fan liked this
By Koi no disco queen
Hello everyone! Are the portland ghostbusters going to be at Rose City Comic Con? I’m from Washington so i’d love to meet more gb fans!
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]