For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
SO maybe I'm just being retarded, but have we determined where everyone is meeting up yet? Regardless, I'd like to go ahead and say that I'll be there. It will be my first year attending, and unfortunantly I am one of the GB horde that does not have a ticket, but am going to hang and see shtuff outside anyway. I'm too close this year to not just go. So count me in.
Thursday con schedule is now up: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci10_prog_thu.php

There is nothing coming up under a Ghostbusters search for the day's panels so we're all clear in that area for Thursday.

Friday con schedule is also up: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci10_prog_fri.php

Friday, July 23
1:00-2:00 Mattel's Mattypalooza 2010: Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters and more!—

Are you a Matty Mattel fan? Head over to this year's Mattypalooza to get all the latest info on your favorite Mattel collector lines, including Masters of the Universe Classics, DC Universe, Ghostbusters, and more from MattyCollector.com! Room 24ABC
Ok soooo! since several people have asked me..I was going.. then something happened and I couldnt go.. BUT I made some Magic Happen So I CAN be there! dont count me at a 100% JUST yet though. I have a ton of things to do with work and if I dont get them done or I get promoted in that time I wont be there (because work takes top billing right now since i got a fabulous job finally!!).. and if not I will 100% be there next year :)
So at this point I think we need to finalize plans before people start their journeys to the con. The Old Spaghetti Factory won the voting poll.

Thursday of SDCC 7/22/2010
2:00 PM
Screen-Used Ecto-1 at Hot Wheels/Mattel booth
Meal following at Old Spaghetti Factory around 2:30-3:00 range

After that we can head outside and down the street to Old Spaghetti Factory. Hopefully fifthrider and his group can join us and we can see his Ecto outside.

If you miss the group, get there late, etc. either call or text me, Jeff Lewis, at 602-550-7016.

I'm looking forward to this, and as I mentioned somewhere around here, I'd like to mix the groups up at the meal so we all have a chance to talk shop with members not on our respective teams. If there's any major concerns about the meet-up time, place, etc let me know.
So is the screen-used Ecto 1 display the meet-up area? I"m just double checking. More than likely I won't be attending the lunch, that probably won't come as a big surprise to some of you. But I'll mostly be hanging in the convention center, this is my very first time and I know jack-crap about. it There is a question I've been meaning to ask though, does anyone a have a general estimate as to how long one would have to wait in line to the entrance? Thanks for any help on that.
I am in total disbelief, Traveler Of Games just posted this on facebook.

"Apparently, the Westboro Baptist Church is going to be outside the Comic Con Convention Center protesting on the 22nd around 1:15pm-2:00pm. If anyone is coming late (instead of being there at 10am like you are suppose to be!), please avoid this time."

Personally, I would love to throw something at that inbred hillbilly Fred Phelps, something like a hand grenade perhaps. If you have a strong stomach take a look at the picket schedule

STAY OUT OF MY CITY CREEPS!!!
You won't be throwing anything at Fred Phelps.

There will probably be six people there from WBC, half under the age of 10. It's actually kind of sad.

edit - From chat:
In a place as busy as san diego, one of two things will happen. They will either have their own location designated by police, a certain distance from the convention, or, more likely, they will just pick a corner that they believe has enough traffic and stand around for a bit. In Denver, we were prevented from being on their side of the street. But it wasn't a busy street. In boulder, people stood shoulder-to-shoulder with them with funny signs. Basically, they want people to bump into them so they can shout "assault!" or throw soda cups at them so they can file suit against you. They will then take your money and use it to fund the church.

I honestly thought it was going to be a really heated and intense thing, protesting them, but in reality, there were only 5-6 of them, each holding like 4 signs, with little kids stomping on flags. Their rage is directed at everything, so it kind of loses its potency. I felt bad for them, kind of. You know what I mean. I honestly felt bad for the kids. They are far from being some evil empire. They are not a worthwhile adversary. Going to see them for yourselves is probably important, because it will help you be less angry and realize that they are just wasting their lives.
Vincenzo330 wrote:I am in total disbelief, Traveler Of Games just posted this on facebook.

"Apparently, the Westboro Baptist Church is going to be outside the Comic Con Convention Center protesting on the 22nd around 1:15pm-2:00pm. If anyone is coming late (instead of being there at 10am like you are suppose to be!), please avoid this time."

Personally, I would love to throw something at that inbred hillbilly Fred Phelps, something like a hand grenade perhaps. If you have a strong stomach take a look at the picket schedule

STAY OUT OF MY CITY CREEPS!!!

Where ya been? You didnt know about this? Pssssh! This is so OLD news. I heard about it on the radio longz ago, and yes..i spelled it "longz" with a "Zee".. They mentioned the website godhatesfags(dot)com and I just had to see what was going on. It cracks me up what they said....

"San Diego Convention Center 111 W Harbor Dr. WBC to picket Comic Con 2010 at the San Diego Convention Center. Are you kidding?! If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: 9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. It is time to put away the silly vanities and turn to God like you mean it. The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry."

Anywho, yeah they r crazies
Awesome this is really cool that all of you are going this years comicon, last year
i went Friday and Saturday was the only Ghostbuster guy there except for when a few showed up for about 30mins! lol i ran into afew of u socal ghostbusters at the dan aykroyd vodka bottle signing, anime comic con and when they played gb 1 in a movie theater in LA looking forward to this gonna go 4 days! whoo whoo!

p.s i would like to meet up! if it's okay!
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]