For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Protonimus
I'd be down for some group prop building.
By XvGojira
GR in the hoooooouse!

Sorry, it's nearly 7am and I need to sleep, badly.
By Wombatneil
Hey, new to the board...From Kalamazoo...went as a Ghostbuster this year to the Manico Bay/Wild Bull party (there were a few other Ghostbusters there, but don't know if they're on here). I didn't have a pack as all of my build attempts failed, but had a fairly accurate costume otherwise.

Wouldn't mind trying a build again if there's anyone nearby that has been successful and wouldn't mind giving me some instruction/help.
By RuBain
I would be interested in a possible franchise... although that would mean I'd actually have to start working on repairing my pack.
By n0c00lgamertag
Hey all! Reporting in from White Lake. Still in progress, but hey, have to start somewhere.
By Hooligan404
Just joined! GB from from Kalamazoo (or just slightly west of). I joined as I'm interested in building a pack for my 4 year old son for Halloween. I showed him the movie and the "Real Ghostbusters" animated series. For weeks he's been playing Ghostbusters and sings the song daily. Frankly, I'm about sick of it now, but I don't want to stifle his enthusiasm.

For the pack, I don't think my son is too particular and wouldn't care about movie-quality/accuracy. However, I'd love to have it have lights and sound effects. I see the GBfans shop as the lights kit but is sold out on the sound kit. If anyone local-ish has a functional lights and sound pack, I'd be interested in seeing and learning your how-to in getting it accomplished.
By gbnick
Can everyone send me a email address or a Skype I wanna have a group email so we can all get I touch with each other
By Hooligan404
It seems there's interested in a general gathering of Michigan based GB fans, but no one has suggested a location or time. I'm from the Kalamazoo area (Paw Paw) and, although am interested in meeting up with fellow GB enthusiasts, I don't know that I'd drive 2+ hours one way for a meetup. Maybe... The problem (one of them) is a decent meeting location. I'd be happy to have a few folks over to my my place, but I don't know that I could comfortably accommodate more than 8 to 10 people. However, that's probably all that might show up. I don't have a pack for myself yet, but I made up a pack (with GB Fans electronics kits) for my 5 year old son as well as a PKE and trap for my son. And I painted up his Gator electric yard car as a sudo Ecto 1. Nothing like you see here in the forums, but he's very happy with them. I'd be interested in a meetup to compare construction notes and stories. I did also contact the GBMI group via Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/TeamGBMI) and was contacted by co-founder Jonathan here a couple of weeks ago and he expressed interested in a meetup sometime in May-June. If anyone else in a meet up during that time, let me know and maybe we can coordinate something.

-Tom
By kurisu7885
I'm from the White Lake area, since I don't drive either a meet up would be difficult for me as well, and hosting borders the impossible since we're about to do some spring cleaning.
By n0c00lgamertag
Last Halloween all I had was my uniform. No pack. You can get a flight suit and boots in no time at all...
By kurisu7885
n0c00lgamertag wrote:Last Halloween all I had was my uniform. No pack. You can get a flight suit and boots in no time at all...
Oh I know, I'm working on a simple logo'd up shirt right now. I'm going ot do a flight suit, but I want to make something I can wear to more places first.
By Hooligan404
Looks like I might be going to the C2E2 event in Chicago this weekend on Sunday (March 27, 2014).
There's going to be a "fan village" where the Chicago GB group will be there.
http://www.c2e2.com/Events/Events-A-H/Fan-Village
I will be nice to meet up with them, but it would also be nice to meet up with other MI GB fans there as well. If you plan on going, let me know and maybe we can meet up.
By gpghosts
Hi grimmer. Youmacon is going to be coming up in November how about a meet up there
By Hooligan404
I though about attending Youmacon, but not in GB attire. I thought it might be considered "unfashionable" to attend as GB since it's an Anime con. But I've never been to this one, so I'm not sure what to expect.
By Grimmy GB
Hooligan404 wrote:I though about attending Youmacon, but not in GB attire. I thought it might be considered "unfashionable" to attend as GB since it's an Anime con. But I've never been to this one, so I'm not sure what to expect.
What about attending in "The Real Ghostbusters" equipment and uniform? I thought about whipping up a foam pack. It could be done in a weekend. You could just wear the standard GB1 uniform and claim to be Ray lol. I know it's TECHNICALLY not anime but, who will stop the nerdy when you're surrounded by nerds?
By Hooligan404
Ha! Love it! Very true, and would be quite awesome. You must be a pretty masterful craftsman to "whip up" a pack in a weekend, even if it's a foam pack. As a general GG "cos-player newbie", that part of the fun is learning how to craft such things.

Mashups are popular. Maybe using an existing Gb (non-cartoon) pack and "whip up" an Anime outfit? That could also be fun and interesting. How about a Ghostbusting the "Ghost in the Shell"? Huh? I probably could have worded that more cleverly, but 2nd cup of coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]