For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Borzou
October 17th? I might come. I'll know only a week in advance.
By JBlake
69428scj wrote:Anyone gonna go to his signing at Jungle Jim's on the 17th??? I might stop by with some things to sign.
According to Jungle Jims site, Dan will only be signing bottles of his Vodka.

Ok, here's the deal:
(and we're gonna be strict about this stuff!)
You gotta buy your bottle here at Jungle Jim's.

You'll need to hold onto your receipt and bring it with you when you get in line. No receipt, no refund, no bottle signed, no matter how good the story.

No tasting! Your bottle must be sealed to be signed.

No other memorabilia will be signed, Dan's signing only Crystal Head Vodka bottles.

Gotta be 21 years of age.

This is rain or shine, we'll make sure that Dan's not getting wet, but you might, if you don't plan accordingly.

Also, we can't guarantee that you will get your bottle signed, though we plan to do everything in our power to make it happen.

http://www.junglejims.com/events/dan_aykroyd.asp
By DarkSpectre
See this kinda stuff chaps my ass. 85 to 90% of the people who show up to his events are Ghostbusters or Blues Brothers fans. Jungle Jims is basically giving the finger to all of these fans by imposing the no other memorabilia rule. Figures Dans only appearance in Ohio and it has to be a locked down event. It's kinda surprising that he's ok with that considering how much he seems to enjoys the costumers at these events. To a lot of fans this is the only way they will be able to meet him it's especially unfortunate for fans under 21 who won't be able to attend because they can't by alcohol.
By AJ Quick
I think those rules are normal, and are typically imposed by the Crystal Head guys, and not necessarily by the retailer. That being said, as long as you do buy some vodka, I think they are fine with signing a few additional items. Just remember they tend to have long lines and a limited amount of time. So be courteous to the guidelines and rules.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By JBlake
As if to add insult to injury, if you go to Jungle Jims site (link provided) you can move the pic of Dan to reveal Slimmer hiding just behind him...lol

~Josh
By DarkSpectre
AJ Quick wrote:I think those rules are normal, and are typically imposed by the Crystal Head guys, and not necessarily by the retailer. That being said, as long as you do buy some vodka, I think they are fine with signing a few additional items. Just remember they tend to have long lines and a limited amount of time. So be courteous to the guidelines and rules.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I wouldn't be able to go anyway, AJ. I work until 5 and it's on the other side of the state. I guess I'm just disappointed more than anything. But you have to admit the verbiage does kinda feel like they arent really keen on having costumers show up. Oh well maybe Dan will come around some where closer in the future.
By Cadet
I went to the signing last night and in addition to my vodka bottle he signed my Ghostbusters DVD like it was no big deal, and actually once I was finished I was talked to one of the Crystal Head Vodka Rep guys and he asked me if I wanted my Ghostbusters Hat signed, and that he would take it back over to Dan and have him autograph it. I declined because I liked that hat and kind of thought that if I got it signed I wouldn’t be able to wear it anymore, because I’d want to put in a display case or something :D

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]