For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By timspork
Hi all. Another Omaha boy. Currently working on my pack for Halloween. I work at one of the library branches and my Young Adult librarian already asked if I could dress out for some programs in October.
By timspork
techdisaster wrote:Welcome aboard! Have you started a build thread for your pack?
Not yet. Still waiting on parts to arrive. Also I'm terrified to do a full build thread since this is my first large build.
By JLWII2010
Hello, I live in Omaha. Currently I have a flightsuit, trap and pke meter from Matty collector, and an Ecto. I would like to get a pack before too long. Here is a pic of the ectomobile:

By JLWII2010
Well all the stuff is easily removable so I take it off. I also am not sure if it can withstand speeds above 45 mph, so when it is dressed up I keep it on back roads. Plus its my wifes car so she doesnt want to roll around town with it in ecto form......
By timspork
So yeah i kinda finished my pack and forgot to do a build log.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Apologies for the bad picture, I only have my phone. Still need to finesse the fullers earth a tad.
By timspork
27th? Hmmm Sound fun! I"m a re-enactor up at Fort Atkinson State Park, but never worn my uniform out anywhere else, do we need to tell Krypton, or are they okay with random Ghostbusters just showing up?

Also I totally painted my Crank Knob gray to match yours. :blush:
By timspork
Right! Pack done! I will be there on the 27th. What time you thinking?

On the 26th Millard branch library that I work at is having a young adult lock-in. I suggested they show Ghostbusters and I'll show up in my gear. Should be a fun test.
By timspork
techdisaster wrote:Krypton doesn't know what (if any) the costume turn-out will be. They don't have anything lined up beyond the free comic books and 20% off anything in the entire store. I'll be there in costume around 10AM to enter into their normal yearly costume contest before heading to Valha's pumpkin patch.
Cool. I'll try to be there around 10 as well.
By timspork
So does anyone want to set a meetup time for free comic book day at Krypton? The one techdisaster and I did for the Halloween free comic day was a blast.
By timspork
Great. I'm getting called in to work tomorrow so I'll miss Free Comic Book Day. I was looking forward to showing off my new pack lights and way improved belt gizmo.
By timspork
The Omaha Public Library is going to have a booth at the Nebraska Furniture Mart Halloween event on Friday the 25th. I'll be there helping to hand out library fliers in my full ghost busting gear. It runs from 5-8 pm.

Just a heads up.
techdisaster liked this
By Marcus
Well....as you can see, I've been away for a while! But like the boys in GB2, I'm back.

I've re-opened, and un-shuttered, the Omaha Ghostbusters FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/OmahaGhostbusters

I've still just got the basic kit...flight suit, homemade goggles, etc. I just today purchased a PKE from MattyCollector (back in stock at $70). I've also got white HHR I wanted to Ecto out, but like JLWII2010, it's the wifes car, and everything would have to be removable.

I've been looking to start a pack build, and would like to get a nice shell, but the "approved" ones are little out of my range so I may have to go hardware store.

Hopefully we can get something going here!
By Jonathan314
3 new Ghostbusters due to hit the streets of Omaha tomorrow morning. We are equipped with the latest proton assault weapons and my custom built zap, trap and contain 3 in 1 reverse quantum ionized neutrino packs. Check out this thread of Friday for pictures. Anyone else in the area interested in teaming up and forming a franchise? I will also be contacting the Omaha Facebook page.
By timspork
I'd be down for joining and I may be able to bring two others. Last night my sister in law's two brothers joined me and we walked the trick-or-treater filled streets near Our Lady of Lourdes just blasting the Ghostbuster's theme from my proton pack. Busting is way more fun with multiple people.

Picture of us geared up before heading out. It was their first time as busters but they had a blast!
This Post Contains Spoilers
techdisaster liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]