For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
mattman wrote:Therein lies the central issue though: we don't want to be "sub" anything, you see. We set our own spec and do our own thing, you know?

I think that it is best that we do it that way and we are totally cool with that because sub groups would just make it way to complicated. so yes KISS that is best.[/quote]

Best way of keeping it simple is to not worry about what we're doing. We're our own group, we started our group before GBNE started, in fact, we even thought of calling ourselves GBNE. In all honesty the way you guys are relaying any sort of authority over us is insulting. We're our own franchise, and we'll continue to be our own franchise.
By Butcha
I started the NEGB, so I can't speak for certain individual members, but as far as I'm concerned on an official franchise level, you guys in the NHGB are just our GB brothahs from NH. We don't want to convey any sort of intention of control over you or the other franchises. If ghost in my area stray into NH territory, they are fair game from you and your crew. LOL! Sorry if this thread at all strays into any sort of hint that we want control over the NHGB. As I've stated several times, you will always be welcome to join us, bust with us or just be our good friends from NH. The NEGB and I want nothing from you but your friendship. :)
By mattman
zombierepellent wrote:Best way of keeping it simple is to not worry about what we're doing. We're our own group, we started our group before GBNE started, in fact, we even thought of calling ourselves GBNE. In all honesty the way you guys are relaying any sort of authority over us is insulting. We're our own franchise, and we'll continue to be our own franchise.
ok for the record i was not trying to be insulting at all im sorry that you took it that way all i was trying to state was that we were cool with each other finally and had burried the bs and the we were actually communicating .

P.S.this will be my last post in regards to this forum . i will be contacting NEGB members personaly when it comes to meeting and events.

this "stuff " takes the fun away from what our goal is.
By Saborlas
mattman wrote:
zombierepellent wrote:Best way of keeping it simple is to not worry about what we're doing. We're our own group, we started our group before GBNE started, in fact, we even thought of calling ourselves GBNE. In all honesty the way you guys are relaying any sort of authority over us is insulting. We're our own franchise, and we'll continue to be our own franchise.
ok for the record i was not trying to be insulting at all im sorry that you took it that way all i was trying to state was that we were cool with each other finally and had burried the bs and the we were actually communicating .

P.S.this will be my last post in regards to this forum . i will be contacting NEGB members personaly when it comes to meeting and events.

this "stuff " takes the fun away from what our goal is.
This seems like a really great idea. Seeing as I can't seem to post a frogdamn thing without someone completely misinterpreting it in the worst possible way, I think I'm just gonna shut the hell up for now. The benefits of having my ideas considered do NOT outweigh the constant stream of people who almost seem to be deliberately placing their toes under my boot.

Social experiment: I like chocolate milk. I predict 1 actually offended response and 5 wiseass offended responses.
By Foom Man
Saborlas wrote: This seems like a really great idea. Seeing as I can't seem to post a frogdamn thing without someone completely misinterpreting it in the worst possible way, I think I'm just gonna shut the hell up for now. The benefits of having my ideas considered do NOT outweigh the constant stream of people who almost seem to be deliberately placing their toes under my boot.

Social experiment: I like chocolate milk. I predict 1 actually offended response and 5 wiseass offended responses.
:sigh:

Well if you keep writing such presumptuous things as: "As long as they're up to spec and they're upfront about being a sub-franchise of the NEGBs, they can claim any name, symbol, or motto. That way, we know that NH is in good hands, with people we can trust, and the rest of us can concentrate on the rest of NE. "

Then yes, you'll find people feeling insulted. As long as you're insinuating that the end result would be that our team would fall under some sort of sub class then I'm afraid people are going to assume you're being a tad arrogant. You have to understand that the GBNH team is just as excited as you are to have their own team and that they're very proud of it. Claiming we'd need to be "up to spec" and "upfront" for anyone but ourselves is condescending.

I've talked enough with some of the other dudes from GBNE to know that they understand where we're coming from when we say we're cool with being our own team. Honestly? It might have been a better idea to start a GB of Massachusetts team instead of carpeting out the entire region, but that's just me. I also realize you guys might not have realized there was a NH team when you started- so there's no beef there.

Ghostbuster319 and I were talking about trying to get the teams together in some form at an event in the near future but posts like this just don't help cool the flames. I do appreciate that you guys went through the effort to switch up the slogan, many thanks for that.
By Saborlas
Foom Man wrote::sigh:

Well if you keep writing such presumptuous things as: "As long as they're up to spec and they're upfront about being a sub-franchise of the NEGBs, they can claim any name, symbol, or motto. That way, we know that NH is in good hands, with people we can trust, and the rest of us can concentrate on the rest of NE. "

Then yes, you'll find people feeling insulted. As long as you're insinuating that the end result would be that our team would fall under some sort of sub class then I'm afraid people are going to assume you're being a tad arrogant. You have to understand that the GBNH team is just as excited as you are to have their own team and that they're very proud of it. Claiming we'd need to be "up to spec" and "upfront" for anyone but ourselves is condescending.

I've talked enough with some of the other dudes from GBNE to know that they understand where we're coming from when we say we're cool with being our own team. Honestly? It might have been a better idea to start a GB of Massachusetts team instead of carpeting out the entire region, but that's just me. I also realize you guys might not have realized there was a NH team when you started- so there's no beef there.

Ghostbuster319 and I were talking about trying to get the teams together in some form at an event in the near future but posts like this just don't help cool the flames. I do appreciate that you guys went through the effort to switch up the slogan, many thanks for that.
I freely admit that sometimes I throw out ideas without thinking them all the way through. This was clearly one of them.

The "up to spec" thing was really more referring to the NEGB uniform standard. Apparently, we're supposed to all have rather identical uniforms for sake of looking like we're all issued clothes and gear from the same source. Not really sure why I threw it in there, maybe as reassurance to NEGBs that maybe we don't exactly need to be in your face if you've clearly got your act together. Bear in mind, the idea was still pretty half-baked in my mind. It WAS quarter past midnight, and I'd gotten up early that day for EXTRA brain-grinding, so a couple neurons may have been firing blanks. In that light, I offer my apologies. I can only claim industrial strength fatigue and confirmation bias.

Now that I think on it, claiming all of NE was kind of a big bite there. Starting from there, I totally understand your position. Dunno what to tell ya on that, really... err... HEY, LOOK, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!!!!

*poof*
By Butcha
Ok gang, we're coming up on our next big event, so regardless of who you may have sent info to before I would like the following from ALL members of the NEGB asap:

Full name
Home address
E-mail address
Phone number
List of ALL Ghostbusters equipment you have that is ready to wear.

Send all that info to me at nicodemus13@gmail.com
Also I need to know in the e-mail whether you are attending Boston Comic Con or not. It's April 10th and 11th, we have our own booth so let's do this gang. Even if you don't have your proton pack complete, as long as you have your full uniform, belt, leg hose and such then you are fine to attend. For those without pack, we will need people throughout the day to man the table, so someone not carrying a pack would be helpful. So, send me all this info right away and I will contact you all with any and all updates regarding the event. Thanks.

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]