For users in Canada. Eh?
Canada's Wonderland Halloween Haunt (Fear Fest)......

Runs all through October on weekends, then the last week before Halloween they run all week long and on Halloween itself (Sunday, October 31st). I need some feedback from the local GB's (Ontario Ghostbusters, anyone from surrounding areas, etc.) if you guys would be interested in suiting up for some promoting and taking part in the fun! If we get in contact with Canada's Wonderland early enough I'm almost 100% sure they would give us an area where we could have a props/set up table, information, and photo opportunity with us Ghostbusters, as well as walk the park during the event for photo ops for the fans and guests. The events normally start at 7pm and run until 11pm, or midnight ....

I think, considering the halloween ambiance, that this would be a REALLY big hit and would really help in promoting GB, showing that we're still here strong and not going anywhere! I have been attending this event as a guest for 3 seasons in a row (excluding last season as I have been in Australia) and it's amazing! Every year I want to be a part of the fun so what better way? This is my 1st season for donning the suit and pack and I think it would be great to be part of the event! Canada's Wonderland goes all out with the set up and Halloween atmosphere and I really think they'd love to have us for a weekend, or a couple nights on weekends to add some more depth to their haunted theme park!! :)

What do you think guys? Think we should get organized with Canada's Wonderland and let the Ghostbusters do some paranormal promoting? Besides, somone has to keep all those haunted mazes, monsters, and ghosts in order? :P
Man I would so be up for this!
I am off work in October, and wouldnt mind spending money on a trip to meet lotsa Canada GB's!
COLIN if you have further details. PLSSSSSSSSSSSS contact meeeeeeeee.

In the meantime I will just keep looking back here.

I should have all my gear for October... Heres hoping it doesnt get backed up!

I figure I can't go to PKE Surge 2010.
So this is my next best bet for this year.
tilallr1 wrote:Did this ever happen? Did they let you guys walk around the park and don your Ghostbusters gear? Seems like a pretty cool time.
Canada's Wonderland was not very accommodating at all, seemed like they didn't want anyone not in their employ walking around so it never went anywhere as far as I know. I'm not with the OGB's anymore so perhaps one of them can chime in.
irricanian wrote:
tilallr1 wrote:Did this ever happen? Did they let you guys walk around the park and don your Ghostbusters gear? Seems like a pretty cool time.
Canada's Wonderland was not very accommodating at all, seemed like they didn't want anyone not in their employ walking around so it never went anywhere as far as I know. I'm not with the OGB's anymore so perhaps one of them can chime in.
Kinda dumb. I mean it just adds to the experience for other people visiting the park and it doesn't cost them anything.

Wonder if there is some licensing issue here, since they are a park that makes lots of money. Having a trademarked brand like Ghostbusters might require them to pay something to the studios or get sued. Which is why everything they have at the park is sorta generic. You don't see any horror theme in general, which you would think would only add to the park experience.

Case and point, look what happens when they just play the music at Canada's Wonderland:

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]