For users in Canada. Eh?
Welcome to the Canadian Community and the Ghostbusters Community as a whole salom84!
Sorry but I was just wondering if there are any active groups near Ottawa? I don't have a real pack yet but I do have a suit, belt, pke, and an ectomobile. I would love to join a local group as it is hard to find ppl in my area who would want to star
t a group.
An ectomobile!?! That's awesome!! I'm just starting out myself, but don't yet have the means to acquire an ectomobile hehe. I would also be interested in a group in the Ottawa area. venkman30, you can count me in your group if we can't find anyone on here. Good site to check out too is the Ontario Ghostbusters.
just one more quick question tho. i don't have the leg hose on my suit, a name badge, proper no ghost patch or proper belt gizmo, or the proper boots. does this matter and how do i go about joining up with your group? this is something i am very interrested in. thanks.
Hey guys, I'm in Ottawa! I know two other Ontario Ghostbusters in town that take every chance to suit up that comes around :) There are a couple more GB's around but I don't know them, yet!. Last year we did Free Comic Book Day together and the Santa Claus Parade in Orleans. I'll most likely be dressed up for a geek art show on Feb 25th at Zaphod's and then there's Ottawa Comic Con. I'll have an artist table at the con but I'll be suited up and looking to walk around with a few fellow Busters!

Feel free to add me as a friend, send me a pm or whatever. I'm building a new pack over the course of this year, time permitting, and may be able to help you out with questions you might have :)
My fellow Ottawans! ...Ottawans? Ottawanians? What IS the correct term? Still trying to figure that one out. :sigh:

Anywho...like ctiggerrun mentioned, there are a couple of Ontario GBs lurking about in the fair capital, and there's been a bit more and more interest in having us at certain events. Feel free to add me as well if you haven't (I know you have venkman30), or message me with your emails, I have a recent request that although isn't until October, IS for Ottawa.

I may be based out of Mississauga for the time being, but any requests for us come to us from all over the province...and in one rare occasion...New York State. Hmmm...
Hi there! I don't think I ever met anyone from Hamilton... I'm from ottawa as you can see from all the posts above. Who knows maybe we'll cross paths at some point :) Just as long as we don't cross the streams... Cuz that would be bad! Although I don't really get why it's so bad since crossing the streams ended up saving the day in the first GB movie. Coincidence? I think not!
Just wanted to send out a hello to all Canadian ghost heads out there again. Well my ecto is pretty much done for now. I think she looks sweet. Only thing she is missing is a pack in the back. The quick home job one I made fell apart. If I wasn't on disability I'd build a real pack but who knows. Maybe in time. Anyways ya if anyone wants to see pics of the ecto let me know as my net is down so I'm usingy phone and I don't know how to upload pics from my phone to here. Ooh plus she is on Facebook.
InfiniTTTy liked this
venkman30 wrote:For some reason I thought the Ontario ghostbusters was in Toronto. My bad. I'm gonna check out that site. And for salom84 if your interested I do have a build thread on here with a YouTube link to a few vids of my ecto and one with all lights and siren going.
LOL Everyone thinks Toronto is the center of the Canadian Universe :P Just ask a Leafs fan ;)
Hey Guys,

Just stumbled on to this site, as I am in the long process of building an accurate Ghostbusters costume. Huge fan of the films and game.

Look forward to reading through the site and getting your great ideas.

At present I have built a temporary proton pack, found close matching coveralls and belt. Some accessories too.

But I am a long way from it being complete. I wonder if it ever will, but this site will help a lot.

If anyone knows of local places in the GTA or websites (friendly for Canadian Shipping costs) that help build an authentic Ghostbuster costume please let me know. Especially with the pack build.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and thanks for any help you give along the way.

'Til All Are One
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]