For users in Canada. Eh?
By ScooterinAB
Hey everyone. This is Bryan from the Ghostbusters of Alberta.

I wanted to throw out an invite/query to all of the Alberta folks kicking around here that I either haven't met, or haven't spoken with recently.

Now that we (GB Alberta) have been around for a few months, we wanted to start looking at our internal structure, membership, and general purpose. I'm looking for feedback from other AB guys we haven't had much contact with (especially our less urban folks, who have fewer Ghostbusters to hang out with) on how we can shape the Alberta franchise as we move forward. I'm looking for things like what you would look for in a franchise/support group, and if there are any barriers of joining.

Feel free to post here or or pm me. Thanks.
By ScooterinAB
Actually, the Ecto driver and acting chair of Ghostbusters of Alberta is in Edmonton. Her name is ladysilver (Kristi). You should get in touch with her.
By ladysilver
Don't Panic wrote:I'm in Edmonton. Not sure if there are any others...
If you are interested in becoming involved in Ghostbusters of Alberta, have any question, or if you just want to meet some more local nerds, drop me a PM! I would live to see out numbers grow.
By Don't Panic
I'm assuming that most of us have parties to go to later on Monday/Halloween, but I'd be up for grabbing a quick drink/ meet'n'greet earlier in the evening. Would anyone else be interested?
By ScooterinAB
It was great meeting you and the girl, Talex. When you want to get started on some scratch props, let me know and we can point you in the right direction.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Don't Panic. It was a busy couple of days prior to Halloween. One of our franchise members moved in with me, and I spent the whole week cleaning and making arrangements. If you ever want to get together though, drop us a line.
By Don't Panic
Some sort of casual get together in the next little while sounds good. Is there anywhere/time that is particularily good and/ or horrible for everyone?
By Matt Campbell
I live in Sherwood Park just outside of Edmonton.
By Don't Panic
The sourdough raft race in Edmonton is conning up. I was wondering up there were enough if us interested in building some sort of ghostbusters themed raft and racing it. Thoughts?
By ScooterinAB
For those in the Prairies, we will once again be attending the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo in April. For those new comers or franchise-less Ghostbusters, feel free to come by for a visit, or drop me a line. It's been a tough year, with many of us moving, but we are back and looking to recruit.

We also have a new communications guy, so we'll be able to stay on top of things a bit better now.
Andrew Phung liked this
By Polly
You can check us out on Facebook, Ghostbusters of Alberta Canada. Jordin is looking after all of our Media Stuff. That would probably be the easiest way to get in contact with us.
By PssdffJay
Hello fellow Albertans! I have been on the site for a little while and figured I should say hi. I am in Calgary and I am interested in getting involved with what ever is going on out in this area. I always open for grabbing some dinner or wings or drinks or all of the above and meeting some people out here.
Hope to mee you all soon.

Jay
By TheMattCave
Hey Ghostbusters of Alberta,

My name is Matt and I live in Calgary, AB. I was just wondering if you guys meet on a regular basis. If so, could you forward me the info. I've wanted to be a Ghostbuster since I was five and I would love to join.

Thanks.
By ScooterinAB
Hi guys. Let me know if you don't hear from Polly or Wayne (I can't remember Wayne's user name right now). I've been banished to the suburbs of Edmonton, so Wayne will likely be your coffee buddy in Calgary.

To answer Matt's question, we sort of meet on a regular basis. The last year has been tough (I've been sick, a few of us broke), but we'd like to meet up more often for hangouts and build weekends. Polly and Wayne were just up in Edmonton with me and another member last week, and we had a blast.
By PssdffJay
That would be cool. I'm in Calgary too but I haven't heard from anyone. I even emailed directly but no answer yet.

I'm not a Facebook person, but it looks like there hasn't been activity since comic con although I haven't looked in about a week.
By ScooterinAB
PssdffJay wrote:That would be cool. I'm in Calgary too but I haven't heard from anyone. I even emailed directly but no answer yet.

I'm not a Facebook person, but it looks like there hasn't been activity since comic con although I haven't looked in about a week.
I just mentioned to the rest of the group that you guys are interested. It should be too long before someone can meet up with you. Unfortunately, I'm not in Calgary anymore, so I probably won't be the closest or best contact person.

As for the Facebook group, we have a second group for our internal conversations and planning. The public one was originally set up to harvest photos. Not being a social media person either, I haven't had too much to do with it.
By Zedd
Hey I'm from Edmonton too. I'm totally interested in going a group!
By Matt Campbell
Welcome aboard Sunkistshark!
By RealGhostbusterJay
I don't have anything really started yet but have been on the FB group for some time. In Edmonton and would love to meet a few local full members socially too just to see some of the kit and talk advice
By obiwanjabroni
Hello Alberta folks. I'm fairly new around here and was hoping to reach out to someone in Calgary for some assistance.
I recently ordered a Proton Pack and Trap from Ben of Kent and am looking for some assistance on building them out. Never built one before and really don't want to mess anything up lol. I live in a condo so painting with especially be a bit of a challenge. Would be happy to compensate for the time :) Thanks!
canpara liked this
By Matt Campbell
obiwanjabroni wrote: July 24th, 2019, 9:32 am Hello Alberta folks. I'm fairly new around here and was hoping to reach out to someone in Calgary for some assistance.
I recently ordered a Proton Pack and Trap from Ben of Kent and am looking for some assistance on building them out. Never built one before and really don't want to mess anything up lol. I live in a condo so painting with especially be a bit of a challenge. Would be happy to compensate for the time :) Thanks!
Welcome obiwanjabroni!

There are currently 2 groups in your area. There is the group I'm with the Alberta Ghostbusters (web site http://albertaghostbusters.ca, on Facebook Alberta Ghostbusters, on Twitter @ABGhostbusters, and on Instagram @ABGhostbusters), we have members spread out through Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Wetaskiwin, and the majority of our group right now are in Calgary. We do have a few of our members here on GBFans but I'm not sure how active they are here. Your other option would be the Calgary Ghostbusters (on Facebook The Calgary Ghostbusters).

I myself am in the Edmonton area so I'm not much use to you in your search for assistance with your builds, but I'm sure if you were to reach out to members of either group you may find the help that you are looking for.

Again welcome to the community, and good luck on your builds.
canpara liked this
By bigdanman
Hi! I'm currently building a pack, I'm in Airdrie so not too far from you. Feel free to PM me if you'd like some help, I can show all the things to do (and what not to do's). I'd love to help you out wherever I'm able. Thanks!
canpara liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
Don't forget our ABGB Franchise always appears the Calgary and Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo's. We'll also be at HEX, Screamfest and several other upcoming.
darthbuster liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
Thanks, we were all very happy to make it out. Dustin and the crew always do a great booth
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]