For users in Canada. Eh?
darthbuster wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 8:44 pm Just a shout out to johanson who built an awesome containment unit and all the other ghostbusters at the Edmonton comic and entertainment expo sept 20-22, 2019. Great job, guys and gals!
I'd like to correct this. Michael Maxwell made the ECU.
He retired and Jordin bought it off him. :D
By Matt Campbell
Hi James! It’s the Alberta Roll Call thread and you live in Alberta, so it’s definitely ok for you to post here. I’m Matt, member of the Alberta Ghostbusters, and I live in Sherwood Park. There are other members from the Alberta Ghostbusters who float around this website and I believe members of other Alberta based groups as well. So welcome.
JamesR2 liked this
By JamesR2
Thats Awesome Matt, I live in Millwoods but actually work at the PartSource on Baseline in sherwood Park. I am not 100% sure if I am going to be ready for halloween, but I am trying... but the purpose is to have a decent costume in general. Having a really hard time trying to find a quality flightsuit... I found a costume one that fits okay though.
By JamesR2
cristovalc wrote: October 10th, 2021, 7:24 am Another Millwoods buster here. I lucked out and found someone selling a CWU 27/P flightsuit on Etsy in my size for a more than reasonable price. Might be a bit tough getting it in time for Halloween but worth checking out there for it.
do you have a link sir?
By RealGhostbusterJay
Greetings,

Like the others I also am not only in Alberta but Edmonton on the NE side. Also I'm additionally a member of the Alberta Ghostbusters.
By cristovalc
JamesR2 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 11:03 pm
cristovalc wrote: October 10th, 2021, 7:24 am Another Millwoods buster here. I lucked out and found someone selling a CWU 27/P flightsuit on Etsy in my size for a more than reasonable price. Might be a bit tough getting it in time for Halloween but worth checking out there for it.
do you have a link sir?
Bought it from restoredmilitaria on Etsy!
By JamesR2
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: October 15th, 2021, 6:33 am Greetings,

Like the others I also am not only in Alberta but Edmonton on the NE side. Also I'm additionally a member of the Alberta Ghostbusters.
Well I live in Millwoods, but work in Sherewood Park. I think it would be awesome if a group of us went in full dress to a movie theater to go see Afterlife!!! What do you all think?
By JamesR2
depends on which theater you go to... I went to the landmark at 17th & whitemud last night for DUNE, and it had TONS of space near your feet
By Matt Campbell
Haven’t been to that theatre yet, is the set up anything like the St. Albert Landmark? It too has lots of leg room, and the seats were reclining 2 seater la-z-boy like seats with the divider in between for food and drink
By RealGhostbusterJay
There's a few things un (proton) pack here haha.

First. the Fort Sask theatre is showing the original 1984 film the 29th and 30th. few of us Alberta Ghostbusters have plans to attend the screening there on Saturday the 30th. If your new and want to meet some of us that might be a good place to do it.

Metro is also showing the original GB film on the 30th if that is a showing or venue that appeals to you. Most of us have seen the film there a few times. I don't think any of us are currently seeing it there that day due to the Fort Sask showing being the chosen place that day.

The Landmark theatre on 17th, Tamarack is an awesome location. I've been there often and yes the premium seating has tables to the side and tote spots and coat hooks beside each pair of seats. I do plan on seeing afterlife there but won't be bringing my pack as its pretty heavy, not a spirit pack or anything.

With regards to Afterlife, the ABGB group will be at some locations the opening weekend so be sure to follow us and you can always go anytime in kit to see the film. As I mentioned even when I'm not with the group seeing it opening weekend I do plan on wearing my uniform and trap, PKE etc. to the showing at landmark opening weekend. So I think your in good company.
By JamesR2
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:01 am With regards to Afterlife, the ABGB group will be at some locations the opening weekend so be sure to follow us and you can always go anytime in kit to see the film. As I mentioned even when I'm not with the group seeing it opening weekend I do plan on wearing my uniform and trap, PKE etc. to the showing at landmark opening weekend. So I think your in good company.
I didn't see this until today, sorry... And I was suggesting the new landmark as indeed they had room near our feet (if I have to sacrifice reclining I would do so. But as I had seen there was at least 3 members living in millwoods, I thought it a great opportunity.

I am not trying to step on anyones toes... and I joined the ABGB facebook group (I think) but I haven't really seen any announcements on attending the opening weekend. All I have seen is the "# of days" countdowns.

Here is my Ensemble as I barely completed it before sunday. Still need to finish pack lights (my spongeface kit isn't working) and finish buttoning down the spirit shell to the motherboard.
By RealGhostbusterJay
No worries,

As mentioned stay tuned to the page for updates coming. I can say that there is no planned event for the Landmark chain currently. I personally will be seeing it at the Tamarack one personally prior to doing events through the weekend but that's as far as I can confirm. Feel free however to see it where you feel most comfortable I'm sure most of us will see it a few times over that weekend. Would love to see ya come out to the events we do and meet you or maybe I'll see ya at the Landmark over the weekend, great pack update too, I'm sure the Haslab Pack will also find it's way onto a few of our backs in 2023 as well
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on November 2nd, 2021, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt Campbell
JamesR2 wrote:I joined the ABGB facebook group (I think) but I haven't really seen any announcements on attending the opening weekend. All I have seen is the "# of days" countdowns
It sounds like you may just be following the Facebook page, if you go to albertaghostbusters.ca there should be a section on there about becoming a member
By JamesR2
Hey Jay, I talked with Colinne... but I am not happy with giving $50 for membership dues for only 7 weeks remaining in the year and then having to do so again in January. So it looks like I will just be going to the Landmark Tamarac on my own accord in gear. If anyone else would like to go (would save me from feeling super awkward), I would love to see you there.

James
By RealGhostbusterJay
Totally understandable. You can join in January if it makes you more comfortable or if you feel it isn't your brand of Miller time then you can always drop by our booths at events and say hello. You don't have to be in a club to be a fan. Helping out charity is an awesome perk to making the gear but it's just one of the reasons. I'll be at the Tamarack Thursday screening, 4 pm or such I think so maybe I'll see you there.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Great idea! By all means stop by and say hello. We're all very excited for opening weekend.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Edmonton is showing Afterlife on the 12 at a few theatres across the city as part of their family favorites themes for $2.25. Anyone in the Edmonton area interested in seeing it in kit at one of the locations. North and South Ed seem to be the ones showing it.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]