By ecto_skywalker
I decided to post some pics of the RGB trap I painted up to look like the movie.

I gave some weathering effects too, just for a little more realism. Although I didn't paint the doors yellow, because I kind of like the glow in the dark effect. :P

Also, rather than give it the blinking red light in the back of the trap (like in the movie), I went with the blinking yellow light at the front like in the cartoon.

Painting the pedal really sucked. I gave it an extremely light coat of spray paint (infact, so light, you can still see some blue through it) over a week ago and it's still slightly tacky.

It's pretty cool though, the trap still functions when you step on the pedal.
By Hunterhawk
That's really really REALLY cool skywalker! Excellent work, I think this is the first weathered rgb trap I've seen. I have a collection of RGB traps from when I was a kid.... the handles are all broken off of course lol If I may ask though, what did you use for the cable? very cool...
By ecto_skywalker
Thanks for the compliment! :D This RGB trap was actually one I got for my 9th birthday the summer GB2 was in theaters. I had gotten two for my birthday, but I can't seem to find the other one. :x

As for the cable... I'm actually still using the yellow tube that came with it. I just slipped 1/4" split loom over it. I was a little afraid to change the tube itself, just because I wanted to make sure everything would still work properly when I was done.

Thanks again! :D
By Hunterhawk
I was only born in 88 so I got my stuff in the early 90s... now I must find my 4 odd traps... Good idea about the tube though, I figured it was something along those lines.
By Ecto96
I had the same problem with my trap's pedal being tacky. You need to scrape that stuff off with something like a brillo pad, and then use some krylon fusion with it.
By gbmatt
my pedal finally dried after about a month...trap looks good man
By jettajeffro
I'm repainting my old trap again to be alittle more movie accurate. But I too cannot drive myself to paint the glow in the dark doors. I'm too nostalgic for my childhood and it looks cool when I wear my stuff to clubs with black lights.
By ecto_skywalker
jettajeffro wrote: ...But I too cannot drive myself to paint the glow in the dark doors. I'm too nostalgic for my childhood...

Don't feel bad. :) I debated for days, weather I should paint over a toy from my childhood. :lol: That's ultimately why I left the doors unpainted, plus I do really like the glow in the dark effect. And that's also why, along with the movie style paint scheme, I went with the blinking yellow light at the front of the trap, just a little nod to the cartoon. :wink:
samhain18 wrote: my pedal finally dried after about a month...trap looks good man

Thanks man! :D
Ya I thought about giving it another coat of paint, but... It took long enough for the first light coat of paint to dry and I'm happy with the way it looks now, so I think I'll just leave it. :?:)

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]