By gbrob
Wow, talk about being late to the party... This is why I need to check the trap forum more often. This build looks hot so far.

Have fun meeting Dan!
By | alkaline |
Vincenzo330 wrote:When I said that trap was nice I lied. It sucks! You might as well just give it to me :)

Meh, I've grown tired of it, i will send along with a check for $150.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS
By Filandrius
Indeed. Might as well ship it to me, straight to Canada, that way you won't same your nation any longer. And don't forget to include 150 CANADIAN DOLLARS
By Gareee
Looks great! Sorry I just saw the build thread now.

I'm envious of the reflective tape now though... I might have to hit up ACE here to hop ours up some!
By | alkaline |
nick-a-tron wrote:anything new on this build?

No yet. Ive been devoting most of my free time to getting shells knocked out. I got you knobs by the way and Im itching to get them on. Also I need to work on ordering the electronics too. Hopefully in about a month I'll be back to this....hopefully.
By GAVAL
Great idea with the v-hook spring mechanism...I wish I'd thought of that. I actually just shimmed out my vhook to a "sweet spot" that's just out enough to catch the hook but just in enough to let it roll.

Might go with your approach down the road...

G
By CPU64
Man, you could have avoided having to cut through the bottom if you used the correct v-hook, no?
Looks really good !

For the hinge problem, if you haven't found a good fix, you could tap the plate and use a counter sink flat head screw instead of nut/bolt.
By | alkaline |
Well I finally finished my trap minus electronics. Sorry for the crappy quality pictures, but alas its finished.

In this last pic you can see the mirror inside I created to help bounce the led light around and hopefully make it brighter in thar...

So the next update will show the electronics installation. Thanks !
By | alkaline |
Filandrius wrote:Can't wait for the electronics. That is one GREAT trap. :)

Yea im still not sure how im gonna work the doors opening with the mirror box in the way but Ill think of something.
By | alkaline |
nick-a-tron wrote:great trap! Love the weathering. How did you achieve the rust effect?

Is the silver dial in the right place? I though it went at the other end of the silver plate like the GB1 traps.

For the rust I used model railroading rust compound. It actually has a binder in it so when you apply it with a brush, the friction activates the glue and it sticks. Yes, the knob is wrong :( serves me right for relying on my memory to place the knobs :walterpeck:
By | alkaline |
nick-a-tron wrote:Could you just remove the plate and flip it 180?

Yea I could do that. I would need make a new white triangle sticker but that's the easiest solution.
By | alkaline |
The Stiff wrote:Wicked trap!

Can't wait to see the results of those mirrors! Wait, are the mirrors actually glass? Could they shatter?

The mirrors are actually mirror acrylic. It cut surprisingly well, hardly and chipped edges. So no glass, no chance of breaking. THANKS FOR THE CRUNCH ! OM NOM NOM NOM
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]