Due to popular demand, here's a video of my trap. :P OK, here goes nothing (never done this before)

As you can see the lights aren't 100% screen accurate, they're based on the lights in the Sedgewick scene, with a little artistic license. Personally I love what Chris did with what I gave him. :)
Stroudy wrote:Awesome job, can't believe I missed this thread until now!
Thanks, man. :D
Hehehe... Thanks guys.

So like I was saying in my thrower thread, before the holidays I took some "final" pictures of my props with my old camera and posted them on Facebook. I took some pics of my trap and pedal too, so here's the link. Yes, those were before the light kit, but I thought you may want to see them anyway. ;) Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... ef1035c1d8
Wait. You said you weren't installing lights. I specifically remember you saying you weren't installing lights.

*SIGH* Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

Looks awesome BTW!
Yeeeah I know. But I figured, I have them, might as well try! When I got the kit I really thought that I would screw up my trap just by drilling and dremelling the clearance holes (some of them, for the bar graph for example, needed to be as big as 1/2", and at an angle :shock:) but I managed. Wasn't easy, though. At least now my trap won't bug me because I have a fully functional light kit waiting in storage! ;)

Sorry for the pulling back in thing. But you're one of us now! One of us! One of us! :P
Hey guys! Due to Cyland successfully locating the correct round black knob for the front of the trap, I HAD to upgrade mine. That big black knob I used looked too big anyhow, so it was a blessing. And since I installed my knobs to be removable at will, the upgrade was a breeze. :) Thanks Brent!

So here it is, all GB1-accurate and shit. Now all we need if the real silver knob with smooth sides. If someone can do it, it's Cyland! I'll wait right here. :P
Absolutely beautiful trap Mike you really nailed the details. The custom light set up is A+ I hope he ends up offering those on a regular basis.
masteryoda wrote:This truly is a beautiful piece of art, and a great tutorial on building a sweet looking trap. I haven't even begun mine, just have a few of the greeblies...
Thanks man, really appreciated. And I'm not surprised about the greeblies, since I got more than a few from you. :)
Vincenzo330 wrote:I am so ashamed... late to the party as usual, I JUST found this thread. Magnificent work, Mikey! ==6

Now build me one ;)
Hehehe... No problem man, glad that you like it. Now just let me find everything that I need to start yours... :P
AZspidey wrote:What does the trap weigh in the end minus the pedal and the cable?
I don't have any mean of weighting it accurately, but I'd guess around 10 pounds. I can safely say that it's a lot heavier than my full-metal thrower. :O
XxEctOxX wrote:nice work!
Thanks! :)
parksdesign wrote:It's nice but it's no Matty trap and pedal. :D
Wiseass. :P
Mikv wrote:It's Better ;)
Seriously, both of your works guys ARE AMAZING!!! :shock:
Why thank you. :D I can't speak for Brian, but I'm sure he's thanking you too. ;)

OK minor update guys! I finally got a replacement part for something that's been bugging me for months.

Tadaa! Steel bent V-hook. Made to match a certain holster made by a certain British fellow. :P I'll be sure to post pics of that in an upcoming update in my uniform thread.

Second to last update before my trap is considered 100% accurate! It won't be long before the last one gets here, I hope.
AZspidey wrote:What does the trap weigh in the end minus the pedal and the cable?
Filandrius wrote:I don't have any mean of weighting it accurately, but I'd guess around 10 pounds. I can safely say that it's a lot heavier than my full-metal thrower. :O

Stand on scale holding trap. Observe weight. Discard trap. Stand on scale. Subtract weight from weight with trap. :nicejobyoudid:
parksdesign wrote:Yeah, like you'll be able to wear that thing on your belt. lol. It probably weights more than my pack.
Meh. You're exaggerating. I just did a test run in my backyard, and everything went well. Even... Oh... Oops!

Oh.
parksdesign wrote:Stand on scale holding trap. Observe weight. Discard trap. Stand on scale. Subtract weight from weight with trap. :nicejobyoudid:
My scale is crummy, but like I said, it's 10 pounds, give or take. :D

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]