I've been trying to find where to get obscure hardware for these props. I
might buy one of those toddler toys that have sesame street charactars
that pop up when you push or twist the release near them. Any other ideas? Is there a supplier for these types of things or do we have to scavenge?
By christphern
Undoubtedly, you'll want torsion springs. Those are the ones that you see in toys that twist around to tighten. You'd want it where it get's tighter when the doors are closed, and lightens when they open. The only place I've found that carries torsion springs is this company.

Lee Spring

Hope that helps.

Chis
By charliesdad
Wow, Lee Spring had any kind you could want! Since they have a minimum order and the handling fee was so much, I might have a better source. A staple puller from Office Depot! $1.19 each. All you have to do is
drill out the end of the rivet to get it loose. Then figure out how to mount it on to the trap- I'll have to think about that. Another option is to use a band of thin guage metal and attach it to the interior side wall of the trap
and then it would push against the bottom side of the door flap when closed. I don't know if I described that well enough. You'd have to use something that would bend and not crease.
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]