By Mathew_impact1
I wanted to see if I could build a RC car ghost trap useing stuff I already have. This will not be accurate to the model in afterlife. But it allowes me to channel my inner Spangler. http://imgur.com/gallery/oBmBp1i

This is as far as I got starting yesterday.

The trap started as a GB1 style hero trap I had started a couple years back. I was unhappy with the dimensions of the existing public plans. Then the imagine/walmart traps come out, and I decided check it out as it had remote activation ability. Turns out the dimensions were real close to what I had. So to skip ahead. I set my scratch build aside, and modified one to this: Image I'm still in the process of converting the second WALMART trap to GB1 specs (longer battery box and different knobs), and adding "smoke and mirrors".

The shell is made from 1/4" sintra(foam PVC). The battery box is constructed from 1/16" ABS sheet. I prefer this over styrene, as it's stronger, and is locally available in black. The steering servo is popping up through the bottom of the shell.
The doner vehicle was a Nikki brand "deceptor".
Imagehere's a similar model. The wheels are to small, but are still of good size. And the side to side spacing is good. I had used this back when SW ep1 came out to build a hanger deck droid. I've scince upgraded that to a rock crawler RC chassis.
The Nikki chassis is modular as it's designed to transform at the touch of a button on the controller. I'll repurpose that for operating the trap doors.Image
I stripped the chassis down, keeping the front axel assembly, with steering servo. And the back half including motorized back axel and mounting points. The. Steering servo was turned around.
These were all screwed the the trap's skate board (1/4" thick bottom plate that holds the wheels). To fit the back axel and motor. The back bulkhead had to be cut, along with the bottom of the battery box and the back of the skateboard.

I'll post more photos when I next disassemble.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]