Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ghostfan003
Also found this.

During the scene where Winston is about to get pulled into the slime, I think Harold Ramis accidentally yells "Ernie!" Watch it here at 4:09. :whatever:

By usmcsgt2683
With as much weight that is on both Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A and given the amount of daily calls they were getting I am wondering why we never see them at a gas station. I have always wondered that.
By Hairy Biker
I kind of hear it, but it also sounds like he could be saying "hurry."
I always heard it as hurry but also "Hey Ray" but Egon would never say hey so I'm 100% certian he says hurry
By ghoulishfright
It just occurred to me: are the Scoleri Brothers supposed to be based on the Blues Brothers and/or the Mario Brothers? Obviously, the Blues Brothers connection would make sense with Dan Aykroyd, and the GB2 screenplay describes them as "big in life, even bigger in death," which sounds like an equally appropriate description of John Belushi. The special effects guy Tim Lawrence was apparently inspired by the Blues Brothers when creating them, and the fat-skinny contrast is definitely something you see with Jake and Elwood... And it's ALSO something you see with Mario and Luigi, who, like the Scoleri Brothers, are supersized Italian-Americans from New York with (basically) matching outfits. And the Mario Brothers were very popular by the late 80's, so it makes me wonder...
Sav C liked this
By ccv66
I'd scratch the Mario brothers, probably went into production before the release of Mario brothers 2, not much Luigi pop culture untill the later games. I could see the blue brothers though
By ghoulishfright
Yeah, the Mario thing is probably more of a coincidence, but I do find the parallels amusing.
By Kingpin
I'd say less "probably" and more "definitely" a coincidence. If they'd been intended to be a homage to the Super Mario Brothers, I think there would've been obvious cues to that.
By RichardLess
I'd say less "probably" and more "definitely" a coincidence. If they'd been intended to be a homage to the Super Mario Brothers, I think there would've been obvious cues to that.
Like having Nintendo parts pilot the Statue of Liberty? Or having Louis reference the game outright?

No. I'm pretty sure I read that the brothers are based on a couple of dudes who robbed Harold Ramis's father store. Or something like that.

Something cool the script had and even went into the making of the Scoleri head pieces was that they were to shout Italian swear words at the GB's. The script also had them shooting lightning bolts or energy bolts from their fingers. The FX people were annoyed that they put all this work into doing lip sync servos and gear into the design and then Ivan changed the concept during editing.
By Glow in the Dark
I noticed last night that as Ray is entering the place for the birthday party he has a trap on his belt, but not when he's actually in the house. Then when he leaves he has the trap again. Also I think the only reason he'd have a trap is so the audience would think he's actually going in to bust ghosts.
RedSpecial liked this
By BRD 527
I noticed last night that as Ray is entering the place for the birthday party he has a trap on his belt, but not when he's actually in the house. Then when he leaves he has the trap again. Also I think the only reason he'd have a trap is so the audience would think he's actually going in to bust ghosts.
I think that has to do with the extrior being filmed in NY and the interior being filmed in LA
Kingpin liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
The biggest how did I miss that for me, was that Dana wore Peter's shirt and over coat when she went to the Museum to get Oscar. Also during my last couple of times watching GB2, I am amazed that the two firefighters fighting in the background after the failed attempt by the Ghostbusters to get inside the Museum escaped my notice for so long. Finally some of the cosmetic prop changes between films (PKE Meter lights having a new sequence, Ecto Goggles with two pieces from a World War II German tank model glued in between the lenses) escaped my notice for years.

PS: What happens to the Giga Meter during the tunnel investigation? We see Egon take some scans, then it disappears between the severed head encounter and falling into the river of slime.
By cmcanall
The black belts also disappear after they fall/jump into the river of slime... then reappear when they're standing at the foot of the Statue of Liberty.

There's been rumors of an Indiana Jones vibe to […]

Roof rack parts measurements

Hey all. I remember seeing that theecto1.com had[…]

Ill have to take a look at that new code, Count. T[…]

What's the appeal of Anovos pack kits? I've been […]