Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By GVGB2005
Last night on G4tv, i was watching a show called Attack of the Show. THey were talking about a news story talking about how a Taco Bell/KFC resturant was infested with rats. At the end on of the hosts says "You can't mix 2 completely different places like that. It's like brining the Key Master and Gate Keeper together. You just don't do it."
By Quendor
Lorenzo is dead, yes, but that's not why he stopped voicing Venkman in the cartoon. I forget why he did, but he didn't die until 2001, or a couple years thereafter. It's also REALLY hard to find a picture of him. He tried to avoid having his picture taken like the plague, but there is one of him somewhere.
By GBDAVE
Does anybody remember rocco's modern life. there was a short in which Heffer with rocco and a psychic contacts a person from heffer's past. the person appears sees hefer gets angry and escapes. psychic tells rocco and heffer they have to trap the ghost so she can put it away. yes they do have guns and watch what they use as a ghost trap.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also super mario bros the live action segment in which the mario bros are supposed to be haunted and they call the ghostbusters allthough i remember it being called something else i think ghost hunters same thing deal though.
By Ecto96
That episode was hilarious. The person they contacted was angry at heffer because throughout several lifetimes heffer made the guy suffer by being a bungler. The way they chase and capture him is hilarious. I love when the dog spunky got posessed and attacked heffer and he was like "I think something's wrong with spunky, he's chewin on my head"
By Quendor
GBDAVE wrote: Does anybody remember rocco's modern life. there was a short in which Heffer with rocco and a psychic contacts a person from heffer's past. the person appears sees hefer gets angry and escapes. psychic tells rocco and heffer they have to trap the ghost so she can put it away. yes they do have guns and watch what they use as a ghost trap.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also super mario bros the live action segment in which the mario bros are supposed to be haunted and they call the ghostbusters allthough i remember it being called something else i think ghost hunters same thing deal though.

Yes, I remember that episode of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. It was only one ghostbuster, though I forget the exact name they used in the episode. I do remember being curious at the time why the equiptment being used was different, since the single ghostbuster to show up was indeed a real one (Winston!...or Ernie, as Egon called him once :-P). I don't remember that episode of Rocco's Modern Life, but I wish I do...that show was great.
By SpiderFan2k3
There was a great reference on "Bones" tonight.

One of the characters was talking about using a flame-thrower to clear an area infested with fireants. He said that it "was like Ghostbusters watching them go up."

I find it incredibly odd that with all these anoucnements about a new GB project (what ever it will turn out to be) there seems to be more and more references to our favorite paranormal investigators and eliminators.
By DooM1977
There was a Ghostbusters reference yesterday in the new episode of Supernatural (Roadkill). After Sam and Dean explained to a girl what they were doing, she replied something like "So you're like the Ghostbusters.." to which Dean replies "without the jumpsuits and the funny dialogues". I'm paraphrasing because I didn't record it but it must be pretty close to what they said.
Yet another Supernatural Ghostbusters reference. On the episode ROADKILL, Sam is explaining, to the woman whos being targeted by the ghost, that him and dean have to find the corpse, salt and burn it, back story of the haunting. the woman replies, "So this is really what you guys do, your like Ghostbusters." Dean says, " Yeah, minus the jumpsuits." Awesome, the references just keep comin'.
By Kingpin
Quendor wrote: Lorenzo is dead, yes, but that's not why he stopped voicing Venkman in the cartoon. I forget why he did, but he didn't die until 2001, or a couple years thereafter. It's also REALLY hard to find a picture of him. He tried to avoid having his picture taken like the plague, but there is one of him somewhere.

The going (and accepted theory) was brought to light in, I think, a JMS interview and was later supported by another staffer. The theory goes Bill Murray expressed some surprise and/or dissatisfaction that Lorenzo's Venkman sounded nothing like him. Somebody at the studio took the comments to close to heart and cancelled Lorenzo's place in the production, replacing him with Dave Coulier who does sound a bit like Murray, adding a bit of possibility to the theory.

DooM1977 wrote:There was a Ghostbusters reference yesterday in the new episode of Supernatural (Roadkill). After Sam and Dean explained to a girl what they were doing, she replied something like "So you're like the Ghostbusters.." to which Dean replies "without the jumpsuits and the funny dialogues". I'm paraphrasing because I didn't record it but it must be pretty close to what they said.

GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Yet another Supernatural Ghostbusters reference. On the episode ROADKILL, Sam is explaining, to the woman whos being targeted by the ghost, that him and dean have to find the corpse, salt and burn it, back story of the haunting. the woman replies, "So this is really what you guys do, your like Ghostbusters." Dean says, " Yeah, minus the jumpsuits." Awesome, the references just keep comin'.

There are times where it amazes me if people actually read to make sure the reference has already been posted... this is the exteme example when someone reports the reference after somebody who has already done it...

We're not even talking within minutes, there's a difference of 24 hours and 42 minutes. :P
By ecto_skywalker
Kingpin wrote: The going (and accepted theory) was brought to light in, I think, a JMS interview and was later supported by another staffer. The theory goes Bill Murray expressed some surprise and/or dissatisfaction that Lorenzo's Venkman sounded nothing like him. Somebody at the studio took the comments to close to heart and cancelled Lorenzo's place in the production, replacing him with Dave Coulier who does sound a bit like Murray, adding a bit of possibility to the theory.

Wow, I'd never heard that one before. But it sounds totally legitimate, very interesting.
By DooM1977
Hi Kingpin,

not only are GhostbusterRayStantz's post and mine reporting the same reference but they are eerily similar in their structure aren't they ?!?! I'm not trying to imply anything by that ... I'm just noting...
By Janoszpoha
Not really a reference, but i was just musing over the movie 'Evolution'
i'm sure you've all seen it and know it was directed by Ivan Reitman, and i just started getting flashbacks to ghostbusters throughout the film, like the beginning of the cafe scene suspiciously seemed similar to the 'last of the petty cash' bit from GB, and when the honeycomb tunnel system is being explained reminded me of Ray showing the Shandor building blueprints to the team.
i thought this ws cool, but don't hesitate to move along if it sounds stupid.
Supernatural - Hollywood Babylon
April 19th

Sam and Dean discover that a group of ghosts are attempting to shut down production of a movie that they feel is mocking them.

HMMM, I WONDER WHAT MOVIE OR WHAT SIMILAR MOVIE?
By Kingpin
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Supernatural - Hollywood Babylon
April 19th

Sam and Dean discover that a group of ghosts are attempting to shut down production of a movie that they feel is mocking them.

Well, that ultimately depends on the type of movie the show makes it out to be... doesn't feel like much of a reference yet... I'll wait til the episode premiers over here.
By m_burkit
This is kind of a reference. . .

I was watching an anime called Kurau Phantom Memory and they used sound effects from Ghostbusters. They used the sound of the pack charging up and down, and I think the sound of the trap as well.

No real reference, just the sounds. I was just watching and heard them and I jumped out of my chair and pointed at my PC and shouted "Ghostbusters" to myself.
By GB2032DKM
Here is another reference, sort of

Look at panel #2

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20000903.html

I chuckled when I saw it.

-Robert
By Spengs
While on a plane this month I was reading Wired when what should I see? That's right, a nice Ghostbusters reference. Its from the April 2007 issue of Wired magazine, page 98.
Red means stop. Stop looking in your fridge for the temple of Gozer.
The quote is used to sell the Home Joule.

Not sure if the quote is on the Wired website or even at the company's site. Here is the web address if anybody wants to check it out.

http://www.consumerpowerline.com/homejoule
By Sam G
I dont know if this has already been posted, but...
On the basil brush show ( i cant remember why) they all dress up as ghostbusters, except with bright orange jumpsuits, i cant remeber that well but i dont think it looks half bad... , they do claim to be ghostbusters, even the theme comes on in the background, i think it was all takin the mik of the the scenes where the ghostbusters are running aorund, catching ghosts and the themes on with the news reports...
By gbmatt
ok this one wasnt on the post about the buffy the vampire slayer reference...it was towards the end of the final season....spike is chained up in the basement because the chip in his head is malfunctioning....buffy tells him the she knows who she can call for help..she picks up the phone and spike says
"who you gonna call?"
they both stop and buffy says
"god that phrase is never gonna be usable again is it?"

or it was something similar to that..

now this sint exactly a reference...in JUMANJI
when the big yellow plant has peter by the leg...when it opens up and make the growling sound our whatever..it sound VERY much like one of the terror dogs in one scene...i cant remember which right now...but if you have it then listen to the sound it makes
Kingpin wrote:
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Supernatural - Hollywood Babylon
April 19th

Well, that ultimately depends on the type of movie the show makes it out to be... doesn't feel like much of a reference yet... I'll wait til the episode premiers over here.

It wasnt Ghostbusters but there was a reference at the very end where dean and sam are walking towards a mock up sunset, Dean says "God, I love this town."
By gbmatt
ok on the episode of family guy tonight...the season finale i believe...peter gets death to send him back in time to when he was a teenager...death sends him back to 1984 when he was 18....brain got sent back with him..it was just for the day so peter goes out partying with cleveland...when they are in a bar it shows brian talking to some girl and he asks her if she has seen ghostbusters yet...i cant remember what she said back exactly..her response had nothing to do with what brian asked though
By jhsanny
I am fairly confident no one has posted this (though that doesn't mean I'm right.. :lol: ), but did anyone notice in Kindergarten Cop when they are putting the kid to bed; I think it's after Arnold saves him from the satellite tower when he's removing his "lasers" - any way, in his room his sheets are the RGB sheets.. Makes me miss mine. But at least I still have my pillow case! 8)
Was listening to the radio when cleaning out my friends garage and there was a radio show taking requests and talking about the new Transformers movie. Then the subject of best saturday morning cartoon came up and the third one someone said "I loved the Real Ghostbusters!"
By ShadesMcPherson
There's a chase credit card comecial, where, like in most credit card comercials, they show a card with a fake name and number. The name on the card? D. Barrett. Could be for Dicky Barrett, of Mighty Mighty Bosstones fame, but I doubt it.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]