Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Another reference! Friday night I was watching SNL with paris hilton as the host. There was a sketch with her as a cheerleader and some weird guy called Merv the Perv (title of sketch). I was surprized to see he was wearing a ghostbusters t shirt.
By GBFreek83
haha, i've seen that one...I just thought it was funny..though, it kinda sucks that he's a perv and he was wearing a Ghostbusters shirt, now people wil think us ghostheads are pervs...maybe...well..for GB props maybe haha

...ew...
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Another reference but from 2002. I was watching Halloween: Resurrection DVD and while watching the WebCam Featurette where it talks about what kinds of cameras they used, one of the creators said that they didn't want the cameras connected to huge packs like "borgs or.....like the Ghostbusters". That was great.
By uscm buzz
Paris Hilton as a cheerleader.. oh man.. hate to sound like a perv.. but does anybody got pics.. 2 of my favs.. paris and cheerleaders.. ha ha.
By ghostbusterjason
heres a new refrence i hjad turned on wrestling last ngiht and i heard them talkign about movies ppl have been in and John Cena had said you all remember the big show battling the ghostbusters in NY as the stay puft marshmallow man i found that pretty funny but my younger brother dident understand it im going to have to kill that kid
By ecto_skywalker
This really isn't a refrence, but made me say, "Oh holy s**t, look at that."

We went and saw "School for Scoundrals" the other night and at the end of the movie Ben Stiller flies a helicopter and is wearing the same night vision goggles used to make the ecto goggles.
By Master Taran
I've seen at least two Stargate SG-1 episodes (older episodes I think, probably first or second season) where they were wearing the AN/PVS night vision goggles (ecto goggles).
By Charnel
Don't know how many people here listen to country, but in the Montgomery Gentry song Gone, one of the lines in the chorus is "Gone like a 59 cadillac." Not a GB reference, just thought it was an interesting choice.
By SpiderFan2k3
A week or so ago, there was an episode of "Robot Chicken" where two Ghostbusters were standing at a urinal. One turns to the other, his urine splashing on the wall, and second one says: "Don't cross the streams, man."
By Radar
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Another reference! Friday night I was watching SNL with paris hilton as the host. There was a sketch with her as a cheerleader and some weird guy called Merv the Perv (title of sketch). I was surprized to see he was wearing a ghostbusters t shirt.

SNL has quite a history with the Ghostbusters.

In 1984 or 1985 Jim Belushi starred in a sketch called "The Ghostbusters Show" where he dressed up as a Ghostbuster and had two foreign-sounding female guests. He discussed his favorite scenes from the movie and asked the girls for their favorite parts. It was pretty short and reminded me of the segment where Adam Sandler has a show dedicated to his ex-girlfriend. ("The Christine Show"?)

About 10 years ago there was another SNL sketch with a guy wearing a Ghostbusters shirt. I think it was David Spade, if memory serves. He was a weirdo on some dating game show and Ellen Cleghorn had just won a date with him. She told him to go to some crime-ridden section of New York (I can't remember where exactly) and wait for her. In closing, she said "Make sure you bring that shirt, too!"

As I mentioned in a previous thread, there was also a "TV Funhouse" segment earlier this year that featured the RGB Winston. It was a cartoon that put together the token black characters from 80's cartoons.
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that. It was called "Geek, Dweeb, or Spazz". He was the Spazz.
By lkynmbr13_69
Last night I was watching Gillmore Girls with the girlfriend and there was totally a Stay Puft Marshmallow man reference. Raury said to Logan "She was hoping he'd be wearing a sailor hat like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man." Logan replied with something like, "Sorry no humanoid marshmallow men in your near future." Or something along those lines.
By derail
Well, he does have a ghostbusters shirt :lol:

Picture
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Was watching Knight Rider Season 3 and some cheerleaders were practicing to to ghostbusters song and season 4 michael knocks a guy out and he falls into a pool of red stuff that melted off KITT. He said "you just got slimed!"
By GhostbusterRayStantz
was just watching the Greenbay vs Arizona football game and they just played the Ghostbusters song.
By Janoszpoha
Anyone seen that episode of dexter's lab where he tries to catch the ghost goldfish that comes out the toilet? He wears this weird thing like a proton pack and kicks open the doors yelling "who ya gonna call!"
By derail
haha Janosz, I remember that one. I miss that show :(
Spengler02 liked this
By GhostbusterRayStantz
That was my fav Dexters Lab episode. It was called Filet O' Soul.
By derail
Seinfeld - "The Blood"

George: "Do you rememeber the Pastrami scene in 9 and a half weeks?"
Girlfriend: "I don't remember that."
George: "Ah, maybe it was Ghostbusters."

LOL
By derail
Ahh Charnel, nice find dude! I'll have to alert my friends that play runescape
By GhostbusterRayStantz
On Supernatural, Nov 2nd 2006, episode "No Exit", Sam and Dean were investigating an apartment where a girl was taken by a spirit. Sam found a black goo substance by the living room light switch. Dean came over and touched some. He said, "This is ECTOPLASM. Well, now we know what were dealing with, (smiles to sam) THE STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!" Friggin awesome. The references just get better and better.
By Real LI Ghostbusters
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: On Supernatural, Nov 2nd 2006, episode "No Exit", Sam and Dean were investigating an apartment where a girl was taken by a spirit. Sam found a black goo substance by the living room light switch. Dean came over and touched some. He said, "This is ECTOPLASM. Well, now we know what were dealing with, (smiles to sam) THE STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!" Friggin awesome. The references just get better and better.

Man that show is full of GB refrances. I love it!
By GVGB2005
There was an episode of CSI this past week that was about the ghost of a guy named Mickie Dunn. When the detective was interviewing a guy who said the ghost was trying to kill him, the guy said, "Either you try to catch the ghost of Mickie Dunn, or get the hell out of my house." the detective replied, "I'm sorry, we're not the Ghostbusters" LOL. WHat ya think?
By bigjuan2001
Yes my next project will be building a KITT car. Haha, if only I had $100k.
By eskimobob
the june 2006 issue of wizard comic magazine has that snipet of information at the bottom of on of the pages.

and the nov/dec issue of cracked, (mel gibbson as a rabbi) has 2 references to ghostbusters #1 (page 71) as a underated x-mas movie
#2 (page 78) as a pick up line
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]