Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Fritz
Alex Newborn wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:And yet when they go down into the abandoned tunnels to investigate, they leave their packs behind. 8)
I particularly like the "What about the packs?" line for Winston (the pragmatic one) because they're acknowledging their own convenient oversight as writers for the sake of the plot, without really giving an answer as to why the characters did it.

Alex
Ray and Egon were over-enthused and blinded by that enthusiasm. Winston really should have tried harder to get them to listen to reason.

Of course, having the packs might not have saved them from falling into the River of Slime. But on the other hand, if they'd been armed when the River made them pissed off, that would have been...bad.
By kevinj319
Also they went down in the tunnels armed with pickaxes and shovels. They were anticipating having to do some heavy lifting to break from one tunnel to another. Carrying 100 lbs of proton pack on a digging expedition probably didn't seem practical to them (until they got the sh** scared out of them).
By belldandy4087
Well considering that the packs are heavy (supposed to be around 100 lbs) The characters probably wouldnt want to be climbing around underground with them on if they didnt need too.
By Mr. D.
Fritz wrote:Ray and Egon were over-enthused and blinded by that enthusiasm. Winston really should have tried harder to get them to listen to reason.

Of course, having the packs might not have saved them from falling into the River of Slime. But on the other hand, if they'd been armed when the River made them pissed off, that would have been...bad.

I always figured them not having the packs was a way for the writers to not have to write in the packs getting damaged when they fell into the slime. Some fans have speculated the Egon has made spare packs, but this is never really hit on in any of the films.
By Zack
saw the other day in the end credits as the guys jog through the taxis in the road, I think on the "don't know where the cards may fall" you can see a woman in the background that is looking at the camera and waving like an attention whore...

not too sure on this one but as the guys attempt to get Dana out of the hoses....sounds like Winston says "GOD" and then Ray says "DAMN" :D

This is one that's not really hard to miss when Peter goes to see Dana at the museum there is a shot of Dana entering the museum...
By Mr. D.
When the guys go to visit Danna and check out the baby the first time. Danna is practicing and her nanny is feeding the baby when they knock on the door. Danna says she will get the door. After that, the nanny disappears. She is never seen in the background or helping with the baby or ever again in any other scenes. She is not seen leaving, or Danna telling her bye or anything. Accepting that she is not a live in nanny and goes home at night, why was she not helping when Danna moves to Peter's apt, or asked if she could babysit when they go on their date?

Also funny how everyone says they never noticed Winston was in the courtroom, yet the opening courtroom scene, Winston is leaned over the table saying "Wow what a guy" and Egon says "Yeah they call him the hammer"

And ALSO... Why was Winston not helping them dig the hole in the street?
By NessaSan
Mr. D. wrote:When the guys go to visit Danna and check out the baby the first time. Danna is practicing and her nanny is feeding the baby when they knock on the door. Danna says she will get the door. After that, the nanny disappears. She is never seen in the background or helping with the baby or ever again in any other scenes. She is not seen leaving, or Danna telling her bye or anything. Accepting that she is not a live in nanny and goes home at night, why was she not helping when Danna moves to Peter's apt, or asked if she could babysit when they go on their date?

Also funny how everyone says they never noticed Winston was in the courtroom, yet the opening courtroom scene, Winston is leaned over the table saying "Wow what a guy" and Egon says "Yeah they call him the hammer"

And ALSO... Why was Winston not helping them dig the hole in the street?

...you ever noticed that her name is actually 'Dana'? :D
ShadesMcPherson liked this
By egie
aliencatx wrote:because Winston doesnt dig holes. He stares at the ground until it breaks and opens up.
Exactly.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
CPU64, Matt Campbell liked this
By heslimedme25
Mr. D. wrote:I always figured them not having the packs was a way for the writers to not have to write in the packs getting damaged when they fell into the slime. Some fans have speculated the Egon has made spare packs, but this is never really hit on in any of the films.
I always thought they must have spare packs, Louis seems to find one no problem when he goes to "help out" at the museum!

Edit: Dammit, I just realised that they only took 2 with them. 2 packs and 2 slimeblowers. Your point still stands good sir, my apologies!
By slaysghosts
heslimedme25 wrote: Edit: Dammit, I just realised that they only took 2 with them. 2 packs and 2 slimeblowers. Your point still stands good sir, my apologies!

They had all four packs when the failed at blasting the museum. I doubt they went back to the Firehouse before going to Liberty Island so, yeah extra packs it is.
By abaka
I dunno if others have reached this conlusion before or if I'm reading to much into it...

In Ghostbusters, Janine was into Egon and was quite flirtatious with him. In Ghostbusters 2 she moved onto another geeky charachter (Louis Tulley)....Has anybody else noticed the fact when Louis is wearing a Ghostbusters uniform...Janine has picked out Egon's uniform for him!

Perhaps she was fantasising about Egon still!

Poor Louis
By Fritz
abaka wrote:I dunno if others have reached this conlusion before or if I'm reading to much into it...

In Ghostbusters, Janine was into Egon and was quite flirtatious with him. In Ghostbusters 2 she moved onto another geeky charachter (Louis Tulley)....Has anybody else noticed the fact when Louis is wearing a Ghostbusters uniform...Janine has picked out Egon's uniform for him!

Perhaps she was fantasising about Egon still!

Poor Louis
James Van Hise, JMS, and legions of fans combined that with the fact that Egon and Janine don't actually appear on screen together in GB2 as a loophole when they all went "Eeew" to the whole Janine/Louis mess. Even when Louis was available in RGB after GB2, there were only a few attempts to follow up that part of GB2, and they were half-hearted at best. Note that "Janine You've Changed" came out over a year after GB2.

So...yeah. Who could blame her for liking Egon better?
By Sutton621
I was watching GB 2 tonight on my laptop with headphones in and never realized that after Venkman says "The old 'man-eating toaster trick'" when they all attack him, Egon yells "You're getting a lobotomy!" I thought that was hilarious.
By VanHelsing
I could not find any mention of this variant on the entire Ghostbusters Fans Forum, but...

When he rushes in with a fire extinguisher to rescue Egon and Ray from the darkroom inferno, Winston has no "Ghostbusters" logo patch on his (tan) jumpsuit! --

... The more creative might try to suggest that this was a transitional jumpsuit, on which Winston had not yet finished getting his "GBII" patch, except that he was wearing that patch a couple scenes earlier at the Museum --

By VanHelsing
SoulKeeper8605 wrote:...did Ray call Egon, Egie a few times in the film?

Ray addresses Peter as "Venkie" --

"This should really get the city's positive energy flowing, eh, Venkie?" (1:28:36 according to my DVD player)
Well about the Winston in courtroom thing.
I realised that at the beginning he is talking with the guys, than louis has his opening speech and winston isnt in the background, than the old man is on the whitness place and winston is there, next scene peter is in the whitness stand and winston is gone also he isnt there anymore for the judges final speech just before the scoleri brothers are apering.

Also as I had read the book and the script, louis opening speech is in fact just befor the judge begins to screw up
By Zack
I haven't been able to make it out, when Ray and Winston leave the birthday party, I never noticed there's something written on the back window of Ecto in the dirt...anyone make it out?

Also I never noticed in Egon's experiment when he says what the temperature in the room is, you can see a digital screen that says 95. I never even looked over on the right side of the screen to see it.
By VanHelsing
Zack wrote:I haven't been able to make it out, when Ray and Winston leave the birthday party, I never noticed there's something written on the back window of Ecto in the dirt...anyone make it out?
The top word appears to be "Thomas" which is perhaps only discernable through the changing angle as the door opens. The letters "SKO" (?) also appear, and perhaps another word as well.

By BMoore25
I noticed this a long time ago, but did anyone else notice that the author and psychic from Peter's show early in the movie was almost right about the end of the world on the movie

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]