Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Scratches head... It works okay for me, even embedded here in a different website. Says 'Public' on its status, nothing about it being flagged for content or restricted in other countries. Maybe refresh and try again?

Alex
By d_osborn
it played for me, too.

i completely forgot about the old showtime countdown thing. thanks again for posting this stuff, man!

captain lou albano and his luigi totally should have been in the mario movie with dennis hopper. the thing was already bat shit insane.... captain lou would have put it over the top.
By devilmanozzy
Loved the Dave Coulier/Arsenio Hall interview. One quick request tho, as I saw in one of your RGB vids, you show the commercial bumper/"Be back after these" for season 5. I was wondering if you have the mini-intro to the Real Ghostbusters in season 4 where they cut the original intro down. It wasn't in the RGB dvd box set. Anyways, loving the vids!
By Alex Newborn
devilmanozzy wrote:I was wondering if you have the mini-intro to the Real Ghostbusters in season 4 where they cut the original intro down. It wasn't in the RGB dvd box set.
I've checked a few Season 4 episodes, but so far they either had the full 'Slimer & the RGB' intro or none at all (blame me for being too judicious with my videotapes; I didn't always record the opening theme!)

Not really sure what the mini-intro looks like, but I'll keep checking.

Alex
By devilmanozzy
Alex Newborn wrote:
devilmanozzy wrote:I was wondering if you have the mini-intro to the Real Ghostbusters in season 4 where they cut the original intro down. It wasn't in the RGB dvd box set.
I've checked a few Season 4 episodes, but so far they either had the full 'Slimer & the RGB' intro or none at all (blame me for being too judicious with my videotapes; I didn't always record the opening theme!)

Not really sure what the mini-intro looks like, but I'll keep checking.

Alex
Mini -Intro was used season 4 (third ABC season) and it was used at the beginning of the Real Ghostbusters Episode part much like the short slimer intro pieces. It is a cut done version of the first intro. Season 4 block would be commonly...
S&RGB intro, Slimer! episode, mini RGB into, RGB episode, Slimer mini intro, Slimer episode, S&RGB credits.
Season 5 they got rid of the mini intro and used what you showed in that video instead.
By Alex Newborn
devilmanozzy wrote:Mini -Intro was used season 4 (third ABC season) and it was used at the beginning of the Real Ghostbusters Episode part much like the short slimer intro pieces. It is a cut done version of the first intro. Season 4 block would be commonly...
S&RGB intro, Slimer! episode, mini RGB into, RGB episode, Slimer mini intro, Slimer episode, S&RGB credits.
Season 5 they got rid of the mini intro and used what you showed in that video instead.
Ah, that helps! The contents of each of my tapes are pretty random. Our stations ran the syndicated batch kinda odd... they did two per morning on Saturday and Sunday instead of one per weekday afternoon.

As a result, my tapes typically contain a regular 'ABC' episode bracketed by a pair of syndicated shows. Two Sats, ABC, two Suns, two Sats, ABC, two Suns, etc.

I needed to search them by title (all written on the label atop the tapes) but the page I was consulting via Google was referring to them by one number off. So the episodes I was checking were all from 5, according to this system.

Oh well, I did find some other cool things while going through those tapes today. Like a voiceover on the credits of an episode of the Beetlejuice cartoon advertising the Halloween Door primetime special.

In the next couple of days, if my computer cooperates, I'll look up some actual Season 4 eps and see what I can find. I'm also hoping to find more of the 'After These Messages' bumpers from ABC.

Alex
By PinkGloom
This is an amazing thread! THANK YOU!!
This stuff is fantastic and your love for the Ghostbusters really shows.
I used to record all my favorites on VHS too and mix tapes...ah, memories. :cool:

Do you have a youtube channel? I didn't see it on your page.
By Alex Newborn
PinkGloom:
On YouTube I am LextheRobot, not sure if that constitutes a channel or not.

Devilmanozzy:
Good news! I checked the correct episodes, found the cutdown intro, plus some other nifty goodies. I already have the cutdown digitized.

Bad news! My computer crashed yesterday and now Windows Movie Maker is acting all weird. My wife may can resurrect it, though, so cross your fingers.

Alex
By Ectofiend666
Finally got that one video to play...Don't know what was up...And once again I am AMAZED at what you found!! Once again I've seen at least two things I've NEVER seen before, not even in passing (that one Kenner RGB commercial and the ET interviews - to which maybe only a sliver of it was from the EPK - the rest of it was new to me!!)...You sir are a SAINT!! ;-)...Not to mention that Richard Pryor impression was HILARIOUS!!...Keep 'em coming!!
By d_osborn
gotta love schiavelli! it's funny that the pretty much the same sound effect from GB was used for the meter in that scene.

after a quick glance at imdb, it looks like elvira was in the same fall guy episode.
By devilmanozzy
According to IMDb on Vincent Schiavelli, he was in 2 episodes of The Fall Guy, and they aired 1981 and 1985. One would conclude then that episode "October the 32nd" is when that clip happened.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001704/

Not a big fan of IMDb, but you can't be choosy on old topics.

Anyways, thanks Alex Newborn for digging out the intro. It was quite rare, being only one season of use. Most of the times when I had recorded season 4 (but back then I called it season 3 aka year 3) I had actually skipped it. Thought while I was skipping the slimer nonsense, that I'd just get the show. Tho today my vhs are mostly gone, so I guess that doesn't matter. Most vids of Real Ghostbusters seen on youtube are from the fox re-airings, which didn't include the different bumpers/breaks/intros type things. The box set was based on the UK version of the Real Ghostbusters, so again no dice. So that is why its so rare and cool you dug this up.
By Alex Newborn
Ecto80 asked me to post some screencaps of the PKE meter from the Fall Guy clip. I tried to adjust the brightness and contrast to compensate for the low VHS quality.

Here's the prop in the two-shot...

And here it is in the insert...

Whoopsy! I didn't notice the continuity error until I was studying the freeze-frames, but it goes from Schiavelli's right hand to a left hand in the closeup.

And what's this tricorder-esque piece of equipment he uses in a later shot?

~~~

Something else interesting that I didn't notice until I was step-framing it... the pattern of lights on the PKE meter's wings go in numerical order! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

This is NEITHER the GB1 nor the GB2 pattern.

Alex
By d_osborn
Alex Newborn wrote: Something else interesting that I didn't notice until I was step-framing it... the pattern of lights on the PKE meter's wings go in numerical order! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

This is NEITHER the GB1 nor the GB2 pattern.
wasn't there a rumor that MP built two PKEs? it's possible this could be the backup...
By Alex Newborn
New video up!

And if you want to see the rest of Larry King interviewing Bill Murray, which is about 25 minutes long, I also uploaded it in two halves:

Keep checking back, I'm in the process of uploading the full Leno interview with Sigourney Weaver.

Plus, the other day while getting out the Christmas wrapping paper, I found some more VHS tapes, including one marked 'Bill Murray on Later' (with Bob Costas).

It never mentions Ghostbusters, or indeed ANY of his film work, but Murray shares his recollections of attending the funerals of both Elvis Presley and John Lennon. It's about 15 minutes long. Anyone interested in me posting it?

Alex
By GBfan37830
Just now found these gems! I just want to say a big thank you for taking the time to share these with us. You have made lots of people happy, especially me! I'll just say that i havent been the most upbeat person for awhile, especially since the holidays are comin up. You sir have made my christmas with these videos! Thank You!

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]