Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Doctor Venkman
SonofSamhain wrote:Louis and the muggers...

Or was it scrapped before cameras started rolling? If it was filmed, hopefully it'll be on the new release.
If there are set pictures (like the ones you posted) that's pretty much the proof that it was filmed. Otherwise it would just be storyboarded. They're not going to go through all the effort of lighting the scene and then just go "nah, everyone go home for the day."
By Don Shay
The mugging scene was indeed filmed, and Rick Moranis was even wired up to assist post production special effects.

Unfortunately the scene was cut very early in post production for pacing reasons and the visual effects required to complete the scene were never made.

Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, no rough footage has ever seen the light of day since post production.

What I wouldn't give to see an uncut version of the film - i.e. as written per the final draft.
Spengs liked this
By Alex Newborn
Whoa... is this the actual Don Shay commenting in this thread?

Author of Making Ghostbusters? And two really in-depth articles for Cinefex on the GB films?

Awesome.

Alex
By pyhasanon
Alex Newborn wrote:Whoa... is this the actual Don Shay commenting in this thread?

Author of Making Ghostbusters? And two really in-depth articles for Cinefex on the GB films?

Awesome.

Alex
I saw that, pretty cool!
By d_osborn
Don Shay wrote:No, sorry to disappoint... I am not that Don Shay... simply a connoisseur of the first film.
Haha, funny coincidence! I was wondering the same thing.
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]