Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I think an eye roll is obligatory. Skepticism aside - could this still be the animated movie...no, they're probably past that stage already? It is from a ghost's perspective and the ghost sides with the Ghostbusters. Ghost Peter could be a candidate. And on paper, it's re-using an idea from the GB3 drafts.

Or there's that live action movie Reitman mentioned in the EMPIRE June 2016 article. In mid-July 2016, it was in the middle of being written. And a little over a year later, Reitman confirmed, during the Ghostbusters 101 panel, a live action was in the works.
Kingpin, Sav C, deadderek liked this
That headline could be a repeat from 1989-present. Not even remotely excited tbh.
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this
By Davideverona
Ops, he did it again!!!
Aykroyd has been interviewed and let slip the beans: a new Ghostbusters movie is being written with the intention of reuniting the remaining Ghostbusters.

This makes me feel ten years younger, because he already did it, didn't he?

In 1998 there was Hellbent, but I didn't have Internet so I only heard whispers of it.

But on September 4th, 2008 I was there, following all the saga, up until the ATC production. Every year Aykroyd promised a spring shooting, only for it to be delayed. Then Ramis died, Amy Pascal ousted Reitman (at least that seemed to be the case, reading the leaked mails) and we had a reboot who someone liked and someone not.

Why this time should be different from the past 20 years of promises? I'll tell you why.

From 1989 to 2014 Ghostbusters was a strictly tied up franchise. Nothing could ever be done without the approval of the originators.
Every project, every script has to be approved by Reitman, Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray and Sony simultaneously.... And that was frankly impossible.

With the death of Harold Ramis, the surviving creators decided to loosen up the deal.

They sold the franchise to Sony/Columbia in exchange of money (of course) and the liberty to found Ghost Corps, an internal Sony branch guided by Reitman and Aykroyd with the task of supervisioning future Ghostbusters projects.

So, with THIS iteration of Ghostbusters 3 things are less strict. They can write it, then anyone is free to participate in it without stalling months of work (I'm looking at you, Bill).

Your thoughts?
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Yeah, while I'm still very sceptical and want more evidence besides Dan saying it's being written, the only reason I'm willing to believe this is because Bill lost his veto.
Sav C liked this
By philmorgan81
LOL! Believe me I share all the skepticism above. I also share some of that hope. I actually think it's nice to see Dan Aykroyd talking about this specific prospect again. Even though it sounds a lot like older concepts brought up in the past I do find it interesting that Dan Doesn't want to say who is currently writing this script.

I believe after the success of Jumanji Welcome To the Jungle, Kobra Kai, Ash Vs Evil Dead and the most recent Halloween film has shown that revived properties can work very well when executed properly. Ghostbusters really deserves this kind of shot. Jumanji and Kobra Kai even showed how it can work even if a beloved character and actor are no longer with us. With the Absence of Allen Parish and Miagi respectfully. Both were handled very well. I would welcome one last reunion with the surviving Ghostbusters. We have seen just how big the world of Ghostbusters has become between the Fan Films and the world of the IDW comics. I wonder what would Ray, Winston, and Peter be doing today? Would they still be CEOs of their company. Would they be retired. Would the Government have stepped in and pushed them out of their company? Would the comics be Canon? Who Knows?

Sorry I have had a lot of time to speculate and that just leads to trouble LOL! I still hope to see an animated feature and Ecto Force some day. A conventional sequel to the original films with the active participation of th 3 remaining original GBs is just icing on the cake. Again great time to be a Ghostbusters Fan. :):):)
By Alphagaia
If anything, I'd like it if they kept the cobbled together look. Even if they are ready to expand I'd like it if they kept it all rough around the edges. The reboot kept this approach, while even making fun of how expensive the firehouse is nowadays, and I never want them to become to 'clean' regarding equipment and business sense.

Keep buying crap guys, and turn it into (comedic) gold.
Sav C liked this
By philmorgan81
Alphagaia wrote: November 15th, 2018, 12:57 pm If anything, I'd like it if they kept the cobbled together look. Even if they are ready to expand I'd like it if they kept it all rough around the edges. The reboot kept this approach, while even making fun of how expensive the firehouse is nowadays, and I never want them to become to 'clean' regarding equipment and business sense.

Oh absolutely I wouldn't want any of the equipment looking too polished either. I am sure we will see new equipment and updated versions of the packs, traps and meters we know and love. I do want to see a scene with somone wielding some classic equipment. Preferably the OGBs. I am with the school of thought that anything is possible at this point.

I never thought I would see so many superheroes in one movie let alone an entire well executed cinematic universe. I also never thought that once the MCU took off that Spiderman would be a part of it, but look where we are now. But like anything it has to be approached the right way. We do after all have the fate of DC films up in the air due to poor execution. I feel Ghostcorps has got some big plans for the franchise. I believe if approached with love for the franchise and the cooperation of the Studio, Big emphasis on Studio Cooperation, I think some big things can be accomplished. :):):)
Sav C, *NormalGamer* liked this
By Davideverona
Guys, really... The good old times are back. Only that now I'm married, I have a 2 years old daughter and my beloved grandfather has crossed into the Holy Reign of God.
mrmichaelt wrote: November 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm I think an eye roll is obligatory. Skepticism aside - could this still be the animated movie...no, they're probably past that stage already? It is from a ghost's perspective and the ghost sides with the Ghostbusters. Ghost Peter could be a candidate. And on paper, it's re-using an idea from the GB3 drafts.

Or there's that live action movie Reitman mentioned in the EMPIRE June 2016 article. In mid-July 2016, it was in the middle of being written. And a little over a year later, Reitman confirmed, during the Ghostbusters 101 panel, a live action was in the works.
Yeah, I'm skeptical too, but it's fun to think about none the less! And hey, maybe it is the live action that was in the works.
Davideverona wrote:Why this time should be different from the past 20 years of promises? I'll tell you why.

From 1989 to 2014 Ghostbusters was a strictly tied up franchise. Nothing could ever be done without the approval of the originators.
Every project, every script has to be approved by Reitman, Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray and Sony simultaneously.... And that was frankly impossible.

With the death of Harold Ramis, the surviving creators decided to loosen up the deal.

They sold the franchise to Sony/Columbia in exchange of money (of course) and the liberty to found Ghost Corps, an internal Sony branch guided by Reitman and Aykroyd with the task of supervisioning future Ghostbusters projects.

So, with THIS iteration of Ghostbusters 3 things are less strict. They can write it, then anyone is free to participate in it without stalling months of work (I'm looking at you, Bill).

Your thoughts?
Yeah, this makes me hopeful for it, too! Besides, if they start filming it, Bill will probably show up whether he signed on initially or not.
Kingpin wrote:If I had a nickle every time Dan Aykroyd talked about Ghostbusters III and how it was going to start filming soon. :)
If I did, I'd buy as much Berkshire Hathaway stock as could get my hands on. Quick question, do you use nickles in England? :)
philmorgan81 wrote:LOL! Believe me I share all the skepticism above. I also share some of that hope. I actually think it's nice to see Dan Aykroyd talking about this specific prospect again. Even though it sounds a lot like older concepts brought up in the past I do find it interesting that Dan Doesn't want to say who is currently writing this script.

I believe after the success of Jumanji Welcome To the Jungle, Kobra Kai, Ash Vs Evil Dead and the most recent Halloween film has shown that revived properties can work very well when executed properly. Ghostbusters really deserves this kind of shot. Jumanji and Kobra Kai even showed how it can work even if a beloved character and actor are no longer with us. With the Absence of Allen Parish and Miagi respectfully. Both were handled very well. I would welcome one last reunion with the surviving Ghostbusters. We have seen just how big the world of Ghostbusters has become between the Fan Films and the world of the IDW comics. I wonder what would Ray, Winston, and Peter be doing today? Would they still be CEOs of their company. Would they be retired. Would the Government have stepped in and pushed them out of their company? Would the comics be Canon? Who Knows?

Sorry I have had a lot of time to speculate and that just leads to trouble LOL! I still hope to see an animated feature and Ecto Force some day. A conventional sequel to the original films with the active participation of th 3 remaining original GBs is just icing on the cake. Again great time to be a Ghostbusters Fan. :):):)
Great time to be a GB fan is right! I think it could come back, and it'd be a great success--fingers crossed! I do wonder how big Ghostbusting as a business would be--I feel like there might not be enough ghosts to warrant more than one or two Ghostbusting headquarters per New York borough.
Alphagaia wrote:If anything, I'd like it if they kept the cobbled together look. Even if they are ready to expand I'd like it if they kept it all rough around the edges. The reboot kept this approach, while even making fun of how expensive the firehouse is nowadays, and I never want them to become to 'clean' regarding equipment and business sense.

Yeah, I hope they keep it too, and I hope they have the same Ecto. I know if it were real it may not be practical, but since it's a movie, I say lay on the nostalgia! :)
SpaceBallz wrote:I'll believe it when Amy Pascal's emails leak and Channing Tatum is attached.

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.gif
Oh Johnny, did you back the wrong horse! ;)
One time liked this
By Sav C
One time wrote: November 15th, 2018, 9:59 pm
Sav C wrote: November 15th, 2018, 9:50 pm I say lay on the nostalgia! :)
Right on.

Say what you want but the guy is the eternal optimist. He is Ray Stantz incarnate.

He's got my vote.
Haha, thanks, One time!
Sav C wrote: November 15th, 2018, 9:50 pm Yeah, I'm skeptical too, but it's fun to think about none the less! And hey, maybe it is the live action that was in the works.
Agreed!
Kingpin wrote:If I had a nickle every time Dan Aykroyd talked about Ghostbusters III and how it was going to start filming soon. :)
I'd buy the $20,000 Trap prop. :P
Sav C, Kingpin, robbritton liked this
By DarkSpectre
That's a big if, Alpha. Dan literally has been saying the same stuff since 97. And let's face it Bill Murray is the guy that puts butts in the seats for these films and I don't think anyone will buy into the Ghost Venkman thing. I've been around this fandom long enough to realize a lot of what Dan says is wishful thinking and word salad. I love Dan and appreciate him being the constant cheerleader for the franchise but I think at this point do an animated GB film with as many of the original actors voicing their characters and make a new set of films like that.
Alphagaia, Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
Reading the thread here I think everyone agrees it's a big if.

But ya right, the animation will be first and I hope we will see something next year!
Sav C liked this
By timeware
Alpha i'm only going to be on board if Paul Feig get's to direct again.

In all seriousness it's been too long since weve had anything Ghostbusters related on TV. We've had two Ghostbusters day's since Ecto Force was announced. We got a GB16 poster for the first one. There's been no Ecto Force logo yet, much less any production leaks. I'm thinking if any cartoon or live action show comes out it's probably going to depend on the success of Ghostbusters World.
By Glenn Frederick
All of this is talk about GB3 and a animated film is giving me flashbacks to 1998.

I hope everything that is planned will eventually happen but after waiting and being disappointed each year with nothing happening (until the reboot was finally made official) I don't expect much.

I'm not saying the franchise isn't growing with new merchandise and the ongoing comics but I'm not holding my breath on a new film or cartoon.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Alphagaia wrote: November 16th, 2018, 11:32 am I thought the animated movie was already in production? Didn't Reitman say as much last year? Did I miss something?
No you didn't miss anything. Reitman said that the animated film was deep into production. He had also said that they had shopped Ecto Force to quite a few networks and there were quite a few of them that wanted the show, but Reitman and Ghost Corps decided to pull it and concentrate on the animated film and have it be the new jumping off point before shopping the series out again.

Ivan said that he wanted to put out a lot of things Ghostbusters related. If I recall right he said that included more live action films. Dan Aykroyd a few months ago was asked what was next for the franchise he said something like, "There are some big things ahead, Ivan doesn't want me talking about it." That was just a few months ago and Ivan asked Dan not to talk about it. Which brings us to now and Dan can't seem to help himself. The reunion film was probably one of the many things being worked on. There is probably a slew of things that they are getting ready to hit us with just in time for the 35 Anniversary. I mean I didn't see the Ghostbusters/MIB tabletop board game crossover coming. Even though I know that the studio owns the rights to both I still didn't see it coming. I am sure that is not the last time I am going to do a double take in the coming year.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall at Ghost Corps and hear just what is being shopped around. I am really hoping to see that Ghost Corps logo animation on future projects. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on November 16th, 2018, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Whatever is coming up for the franchise in the future, as long as it keeps true to what Ghostbusters is really about while at the same time bring a bit of newness to the lore to keep it fresh and not stale (whether it's in comics, film, TV, etc.), then we will see what happens. They just have to take their time with their planning. ^_^
Sav C, deadderek, jacklawyer liked this
By mrmichaelt
We do the know the Fan Fest is in June 2019. And like any movie these days, we should be seeing articles more and more in the coming months ranging from rumor to discarded ideas to truths about either the animated or live action movie.
Alphagaia wrote: November 16th, 2018, 11:32 am I thought the animated movie was already in production? Didn't Reitman say as much last year? Did I miss something?
Yes, they're a little over 3 years into working on it as far as we know. I believe it was first reported October 1, 2015.
Alphagaia wrote: November 16th, 2018, 12:18 pmThe ecto force being prosponed instead of cancelled was new to me and is great to hear!
Yeah, it was last mentioned by Reitman when he appeared on the EMPIRE podcast in July 2017 and by Tom Waltz in June 2018 saying the comic crew helped with some early work on the series. But there is a thread for the series in the Cartoon section.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41548&p=4906090#p4906090

Reitman's full quote was "Yeah, we put it on hold. We got a lot of inquiries and interest from different, uh, television networks to put it on and then at the last second, we decided to hold on the deal and really focus on the new Ghostbusters animated feature and sort of have that kick off the world and I think it's because I knew the animated feature was going to bring--going to at least go a long way to bring back the classical story we originally started and, uh, I wanted that to come first." at the 15:23 to 15:59 mark of EMPIRE podcast #272.
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news ... cott-buck/
Sav C wrote: November 16th, 2018, 12:58 pm I'd be happy if they took the audio from the video game (and maybe record a few more lines as need to fill it out) and make an actual movie out of it!
That would be cool but a few years back I downloaded a HD full walkthrough series and burned it into a couple DVDs then bought a multi disc case from ebay, printed a copy of the jacket from the game. Pop it into the player for background noise when I work like the movies or RGB.
*NormalGamer*, Sav C liked this
By Sav C
mrmichaelt wrote: November 16th, 2018, 4:09 pmThat would be cool but a few years back I downloaded a HD full walkthrough series and burned it into a couple DVDs then bought a multi disc case from ebay, printed a copy of the jacket from the game. Pop it into the player for background noise when I work like the movies or RGB.
Nice! I never completed the game (I'm not much of a gamer), so I have yet to see it front to back. Someday I will, though!

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London