Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: January 20th, 2019, 8:49 pm Ghostbusters is how I learn about the geography of New York so more new locations used for this movie, the better. :P
Davideverona wrote: January 20th, 2019, 3:14 pm I think we should talk about Ghostbusters 3 here... Speaking of wich. .. Shouldn't this thread be moved in that section?
It's funny, I asked Kingpin that a few weeks/month ago if these scattered GB3 threads should be culled from the general and ATC areas and put in their own section.
I raised the question of whether we should have a new section for the new film, independent to the reboot/2016/Answer The Call section with A.J. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Davideverona wrote: January 20th, 2019, 10:54 pm So, the Ecto 1 in the trailer is the one parked in front of Ghost Corps but with CGI/practical rust effect?
Unless we see anything to the contrary, it in all liklihood is the filming car from 1984.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote: January 21st, 2019, 5:50 am I raised the question of whether we should have a new section for the new film, independent to the reboot/2016/Answer The Call section with A.J. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Thanks, Kingpin.
deadderek wrote: January 21st, 2019, 6:06 am I recall we once had a Ghostbusters 3 section. ;)
It got renamed into the ATC section. ;)
Alphagaia liked this
By Slimered
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
montclaire wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Slimered wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:11 pm I hope Leslie Jones' anger results in Sony trying to keep on good terms with her and the other female Ghostbusters, by hiring them to cameo in Ghostbusters 2020. Let's see alternate versions of Patty, Erin and co.

I know it's a movie about ghosts but let the dead rest already. I do not want them to touch this with a 10 meter cattle prod.
I'm not letting it rest until the Answer The Call team get the recognition that Sony should be giving them. It's the principle; in the same way that the next Doctor in Doctor Who must be female, the female Ghostbusters should be done a second time in some form or other too, in order to establish that female Ghostbusters is a successful concept and not a failure after one feature-length movie attempt.
SSJmole, Styrofoam_Guy liked this
By montclaire
Slimered wrote: January 21st, 2019, 4:26 pm

I know it's a movie about ghosts but let the dead rest already. I do not want them to touch this with a 10 meter cattle prod.
I'm not letting it rest until the Answer The Call team get the recognition that Sony should be giving them. It's the principle; in the same way that the next Doctor in Doctor Who must be female, the female Ghostbusters should be done a second time in some form or other too, in order to establish that female Ghostbusters is a successful concept and not a failure after one feature-length movie attempt.

Recognition for what? Failure? They had their shot and they blew it. There is no participation Crunch bar.
By Davideverona
IDW made a great work with the ATC team in GB101 and Crossing Over.... Not so much in their solo miniseries.

Speaking of Ghostbusters 3,I hard is listed on Production Weekly. Does somebody have a scan of that page?
By Wiggyof9
Slimered wrote: January 21st, 2019, 4:26 pm

Sony gave GB2016 a ton of attention. They made all the old cast appear in it. They had the press say nothing but good things about it. They spun every product placement synergy deal they could. Ernie Hudson even had to back track in what he originally said about it being a reboot. They spun any negativity as just the rantings of evil sexist fan boys. Now that the movie failed you think they need to give them more attention?
By Kingpin
*Groan* :sigh:

Three years I've defended Paul because I thought at heart he was a reasonable guy, but that remark... He should've just posted the second paragraph - Leslie's whole accusation was just plain ignorant and wrong. I sympathise with her if she was getting abuse prior to posting her tweet (same with if Paul was on the receiving end)... But their reactions are indefensible.
savintheday, deadderek, Davideverona and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
While I'm not a fan of the whole debacle and the emotional outbursts, it does show how high the feeling have risen.

Paul chose his words in a way that he will support her, yet call it her truth, not the truth. They both had had a constant barrage of haters, trolls, racist and mysognists spilled upon them for years, so I understand he wants to have her back.

We should all just take a chill pill though.

On one hand we have people sticking it to the ATC fans and crew, when a few years ago they thought GB was sticking it to them by rebooting. That's just childish and you know how it feels, even if it wasn't intentional, so why press the wound on another fan?

On the other hand we have ATCfans being sad /mad their movie seems to get sidetracked. Just like OGB fans thought 3 years ago. Time will tell if this is true, but the comics keep coming at least. They should know how the OGB fans felt who only wanted a sequel.

This is becoming an immature shitshow and we all should be ashamed for it, even if most people are just on the sideline.

I know fans of all sides have misbehaved, but this year is supposed to be a celebration, not a crucification of the franchise. Get over it!
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By Davideverona
Can't we, as one of the most official fan club, send a statement to Sony/main press which says we're not on one side or the other, but plain simply Ghostbusters' fans? Every iteration of Ghostbusters. Even the Filmation ones.

And, please, can we keep this thread only about the new Jason Reitman's Ghostbusters?

And, please, can someone tell us what is Production Weekly reporting? 😁
savintheday liked this
By Wiggyof9
When did giving an opinion become "speaking your truth"? I guess it happened because you can argue an opinion, but if its her "truth" you arent allowed to disagree.

Fact is Leslie Jones posted something about a movie that isnt even made because she is upset that her movie tanked. She attacked to motivations of the same studio that supported her. She is acting as if Sony is being sexist by not making a sequel to her movie when the reason they arent making a sequel is because the first one cost Sony money. Regardless of why it failed financially, it did. If she thinks she made a good movie thats fine, but saying GB3 is just a sexist reaction is low class. You dont attack the studio that tried everything it could to support you (except for getting a good director).

If she attacked the fans for wanting this instead of an ATC sequel then I could understand that. Attacking the studio and Reitman's project is unprofessional.
By deadderek
Well said. 2 wrongs don't make a right, she should have just kept her mouth shut.

So yeah anyways GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IS ON THE WAY!!!
montclaire, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:03 am When did giving an opinion become "speaking your truth"? I guess it happened because you can argue an opinion, but if its her "truth" you arent allowed to disagree.
Is this aimed at me? Where did I say this?
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:12 am
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:03 am When did giving an opinion become "speaking your truth"? I guess it happened because you can argue an opinion, but if its her "truth" you arent allowed to disagree.
No, Paul Feig said it in his twitter post.
By Alphagaia
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:30 am
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:12 am

Where did he say that you aren't allowed to disagree?

It's cumilating assumptions like this that are the problem on both sides.
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:33 am
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:30 am

Where did he say that you aren't allowed to disagree?

It's cumilating assumptions like this that are the problem on both sides.
Omg... It's called an inference based on observation. Anytime someone gives an opinion that is then disagreed with it gets called "their truth" or "personal truth". Why give opinions a new term? Because the word truth gives the impression that someone is speaking facts instead of opinions. Jones gave her opinion. Feig said to leave her alone because she spoke "her truth" as opposed to saying "her opinion". The only reason to phrase it that was is to imply what she said was fact and thus can not be argued. I think everyone can agree that if you disagree with a "truth" you are unreasonable. It's a means of relabeling an opinion so a person doesn't have to defend it.
savintheday liked this
By Alphagaia
If he wanted it to imply it was the truth, he would have used 'the' and not 'her'. 'The' truth implies only one truth. 'Her' truth, implies multiple versions.
He also didn't say to leave her alone. All he said they have been bullied for three years. You are welcome to disagree without bullying them.

Still not saying she was right, but I understand the emotional underground here. She even got hacked and her nude pictures placed online. Over a film.

Can you so how you went from her truth to the truth, to not allowed to disagree, to Feig saying to leave her alone in just a few posts?

This is exactly what I meant with cumulative assumptions. You are not he only one that is doing it, Leslie is as well, and we all should stop that.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 22nd, 2019, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:48 am If he wanted it to imply it was the truth, he would have used 'the' and not 'her'. The truth implies only one truth. Her truth, implies multiple versions.
He also didn't say to leave her alone. All he said they have been bullied for three years. You are welcome to disagree without bullying them.

Still not saying she was right, but I understand the emotional underground here. She even got hacked and her nude pictures placed online. Over a film.

Can you so how you went from her truth to not allowed to disagree, to Frig says to leave her alone in just a few posts?

This is what I meant with cumulative
My point is that there is no such thing as "her truth". She gave "her opinion" not "her truth". The whole concept of "speaking your truth" is using language to give credence to opinions.
By Alphagaia
Her version of the truth is an acceptable phrase
in the English language, is it not?

My point is you immediately put words in someone's mouth because of it.
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:56 am And my point is you immediately put words in someone's mouth because of it.
He is the one that used the words "her truth".....
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 3:56 am Her version of the truth is an acceptable phrase
in the English language, is it not?
No, it's a new term that is being used to replace the word "opinion" for reasons I stated above.
Last edited by Wiggyof9 on January 22nd, 2019, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?