For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By SSJmole
I was just thinking we saw the barn and car in new movie trailer. Some fans were commenting the car looked a little off. They were doing an animated movie at one point. So I was curious

1) is the new movie actually live action? Wasn't sure if it might be like the up coming lion king movie that's actually CGI not live action like people think. Or like jungle book were some stuff is live action but most is CGI?

2) has animated just flat out been cancelled or just in hiatus?

3) any chance like that comic series crossing over it might be like the into the spider verse style movie?
By SpaceBallz
Am I the only one that wants a 10-episode Netflix series of a live-action RGB with the popular episodes? I wouldn't mind seeing a live-action Boogyman.

Hello? Bueller?
By philmorgan81
Oh yeah the animated film is still deep in design and Jason himself said that it was being done by a completely different artists. Last I checked the guy that directed the Clash of Clans commercials is directing the Animated feature. Jason's project was just nice suprise. This is a big part of what Ghost Corps and Ivan Reitman were trying to accomplish. Ivan himself stated that when ATC was being worked on. He said that he wanted to make many movies. :):):)
By SSJmole
SpaceBallz wrote: January 20th, 2019, 1:01 pm Am I the only one that wants a 10-episode Netflix series of a live-action RGB with the popular episodes? I wouldn't mind seeing a live-action Boogyman.

Hello? Bueller?
That or a child Ghostbusters cartoon adapting old episodes and the comics would be great.
By SSJmole
philmorgan81 wrote: January 20th, 2019, 2:26 pm Oh yeah the animated film is still deep in design and Jason himself said that it was being done by a completely different artists. Last I checked the guy that directed the Clash of Clans commercials is directing the Animated feature. Jason's project was just nice suprise. This is a big part of what Ghost Corps and Ivan Reitman were trying to accomplish. Ivan himself stated that when ATC was being worked on. He said that he wanted to make many movies. :):):)
Nice. I'm actually surprised they don't let Illumination do it. That's be awesome they did Grinch very well and have had so much success they are rebooting Shrek. They'd do good with Ghostbusters i think or spiderverse team
By Slimered
Hopefully the animated film sees the return of the Answer The Call crew. Let the misogynists think they've won, but pull the rug from under their feet at the last minute, when it's too late and they're already in the cinema.
SSJmole liked this
By savintheday
Slimered wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm Hopefully the animated film sees the return of the Answer The Call crew. Let the misogynists think they've won, but pull the rug from under their feet at the last minute, when it's too late and they're already in the cinema.
You really need to get outside of your head. A little sun!
EddieSpenser liked this
By mrmichaelt
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:12 am 2) has animated just flat out been cancelled or just in hiatus?
I guess it was always 50/50 which would happen first, a live action or the animated movie. At one point in 2017, it seemed like the animated movie, would be first. Then now, it's the live action. It kind of jives, I think the ballpark figure for CG animated movie's development is 4-7 years give or take. If we estimate they first started work in 2016, as an example, we could see it being finished in 2021 or 2022. So it's a bit of a boon that the live action came further along and is coming in 2020 so it's not such a huge gap between movies.
robbritton, SSJmole liked this
By EddieSpenser
Slimered wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm Hopefully the animated film sees the return of the Answer The Call crew. Let the misogynists think they've won, but pull the rug from under their feet at the last minute, when it's too late and they're already in the cinema.
Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake twice.
By SSJmole
mrmichaelt wrote: January 20th, 2019, 8:54 pm
SSJmole wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:12 am 2) has animated just flat out been cancelled or just in hiatus?
I guess it was always 50/50 which would happen first, a live action or the animated movie. At one point in 2017, it seemed like the animated movie, would be first. Then now, it's the live action. It kind of jives, I think the ballpark figure for CG animated movie's development is 4-7 years give or take. If we estimate they first started work in 2016, as an example, we could see it being finished in 2021 or 2022. So it's a bit of a boon that the live action came further along and is coming in 2020 so it's not such a huge gap between movies.
That makes sense. Though as they mentioned Animated while 2016 was still in cinema if it's still happening and they've been planning it since then it should logically be really really good as they've had 3+ years of just writing and planning so logically it's had real effort behind it. Of course that's not always true but hopefully.
By philmorgan81
You know it occurs to me. I can't believe I am just thinking of this now, but Ghostbusters 3 had been wrapped up in production hell for 30 years. During that time a lot of different ideas and concepts got thrown around. So maybe now with the veto rights renegotiated we are now getting all of the different concepts at once in the form of the animated film, potential tv series, comics and who knows what else. :):):)

Wouldn't be something if Ghostbusters became Sony's Marvel? :):):)
SSJmole liked this
By mrmichaelt
SSJmole wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:52 am That makes sense. Though as they mentioned Animated while 2016 was still in cinema if it's still happening and they've been planning it since then it should logically be really really good as they've had 3+ years of just writing and planning so logically it's had real effort behind it. Of course that's not always true but hopefully.
It's my theory they mentioned Jason's movie in 2016, too, starting with the EMPIRE issue when Ivan hinted they were developing a not announced yet live action movie.
By Wiggyof9
Stop making this about gender. Fans want to see Peter, Egon, Ray, and Winston. Not because they are men and women cant be Ghostbusters, but because they are the characters we love from the movies, cartoon, and comics.

You may think Ghostbusters is only about the ghosts and proton packs, but many think that Ghostbusters is about the characters and their relationships with each other.
By robbritton
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 10:29 am
Stop making this about gender. Fans want to see Peter, Egon, Ray, and Winston. Not because they are men and women cant be Ghostbusters, but because they are the characters we love from the movies, cartoon, and comics.

You may think Ghostbusters is only about the ghosts and proton packs, but many think that Ghostbusters is about the characters and their relationships with each other.
Taking gender out of it, there are fans who want to see more of those guys AND more of Erin, Abby, Patti, Holtzman, Kylie, Eduardo, Roland and Garrett and the RGB team on screen, and animation is the only format where that can happen, so it's reasonable some would still hope for it, y'know? Let's see what the lie of the land is after Jason Reitman's movie, I guess. If that turns out to be a turkey, we may never see any of them in a cinema again!
*NormalGamer* liked this
By SSJmole
robbritton wrote: January 21st, 2019, 10:50 am

Taking gender out of it, there are fans who want to see more of those guys AND more of Erin, Abby, Patti, Holtzman, Kylie, Eduardo, Roland and Garrett and the RGB team on screen, and animation is the only format where that can happen, so it's reasonable some would still hope for it, y'know? Let's see what the lie of the land is after Jason Reitman's movie, I guess. If that turns out to be a turkey, we may never see any of them in a cinema again!
I would love to see them all in one spiderverse like movie so bad
robbritton liked this
By Wiggyof9
I would like to see the ATC characters too, just written and performed better. But doing it to "make the mysonginists pay" is silly. Frankly, I want ATC to be part of continuity. In my head Patti's uncle was actually Winston who told her stories about ghosts, but didnt tell her about being a ghostbuster, which is what got her interested in NYC historical events. Of course this would require ignoring the actresses actual age, but the character could have been like... 40 which can fit.

A spiderverse type movie would be neat. Doing it in 2024 may be the right time for it as it will be far enough from the spiderverse movie to not seem like SONY is repeating themselves. It would be neat to see the ATC, RGB/movie, and EGB team together. I dont know if I would want different versions of the same character though. For example, the Egon in EGB is suppose to be the same Egon from RGB. They are in the same continuity. So having RGB Egon and EGB Egon wouldnt make much sense because they are the same Egon. But, if they threw in time travel I could see doing RGB and the EGB team without Egon.

The comic threw in everything, including video games, which is neat for a comic. It might not work for a movie though. Probably best to stick to the main stuff.
robbritton liked this
By robbritton
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:57 am I would like to see the ATC characters too, just written and performed better. But doing it to "make the mysonginists pay" is silly. Frankly, I want ATC to be part of continuity. In my head Patti's uncle was actually Winston who told her stories about ghosts, but didnt tell her about being a ghostbuster, which is what got her interested in NYC historical events. Of course this would require ignoring the actresses actual age, but the character could have been like... 40 which can fit.

A spiderverse type movie would be neat. Doing it in 2024 may be the right time for it as it will be far enough from the spiderverse movie to not seem like SONY is repeating themselves. It would be neat to see the ATC, RGB/movie, and EGB team together. I dont know if I would want different versions of the same character though. For example, the Egon in EGB is suppose to be the same Egon from RGB. They are in the same continuity. So having RGB Egon and EGB Egon wouldnt make much sense because they are the same Egon. But, if they threw in time travel I could see doing RGB and the EGB team without Egon.

The comic threw in everything, including video games, which is neat for a comic. It might not work for a movie though. Probably best to stick to the main stuff.
The comic did explain the time difference thing in like one page, though, so a well written film could do similar in equally short order! Anyway, all conjecture at this stage, really. I’m just so enamoured with Erik Burnham’s “crossing the streams through a dimensional portal triggered Ghostbusting across a multiverse” idea that I’d love to see it in a larger forum playing to a bigger audience.

... and while I’m dreaming, I’d like the Kenner toys to still be retailing at ‘86 prices!
By philmorgan81
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 11:57 am I would like to see the ATC characters too, just written and performed better. But doing it to "make the mysonginists pay" is silly. Frankly, I want ATC to be part of continuity. In my head Patti's uncle was actually Winston who told her stories about ghosts, but didnt tell her about being a ghostbuster, which is what got her interested in NYC historical events. Of course this would require ignoring the actresses actual age, but the character could have been like 40 which can fit.

You never know what might work. I thought Spiderverse was a pretty calculated risk. I had never heard of Penny Parker until that movie now I can't get enough of her. ;)

Seriously that was really well executed. Regarding the EGB/RGB Egon being the same Egon thing robbritton hit the nail on the head, if you remember the Crossing Over event explained that EGB/RGB Egon wearn't really the same person. I think Ray put like this, "Some Dimensions are only a fraction of a decimal point off from one another." The same way the SOS team is technically supposed to be the Prime's Future. Sure it is totally possible that RGB will eventually become EGB Egon in the future and the same for The Prime dimensions events eventually leading into SOS. Believe me I was pretty thrown by it too, but in the world or worlds of Ghostbusters there is almost as fun Syfy jargon as you would find in Star Trek or a Twilight Zone episode. ;)

If written well enough I can totally see something like Crossing Over working very well in an animated movie.

If these next few projects are very successful I would love it if Sony started putting out Direct to DVD Ghostbusters animated films. Kind of like WB does for the Direct to DVD DC movies or Scooby Doo movies. The Scooby Doo Franchise is actually revisiting the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo.

I love the fact that the comics are already doing this kind of stuff and I couldn't be happier, but I thought it would be fun if they put out DVDs that would be Feature Length animated versions of RGB, EGB, ATC and so on. Extremely unlikely to happen, but that sure would be a Lark. :):):)
By Wiggyof9
SpaceBallz wrote: January 21st, 2019, 3:30 pm They probably decided to do GB3 first since the OGs are pushing 70
Honestly they should have done GB3 before the reboot and introduced a multiverse in that movie instead of doing a back door multiverse in the post credits scene of the reboot. I think things would be a lot different now if they did.

One thing is for sure; Bill Murray is to blame for everything.
By Slimered

I'm not making it about gender. The misogynists are. That's the point.
SSJmole liked this
By mrmichaelt
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 3:53 pm One thing is for sure; Bill Murray is to blame for everything.
Whoever came up with the unanimous vote idea during the lead up to GB2's production is to blame. Then if I had a bit more information, I'd probably blame Amy Pascal for her possible scheming.
Davideverona liked this
By SSJmole
I finally actually saw into the spiderverse Saturday. I knew premise and knew it looked fun. Holy **** it's emotional , it has real story , real fan appreciation, mocked the bad. Embraced the memes , and loved every character equally.

Now I really really want a ghostbusters animated film in same style. As holy **** the movie was perfect.
Kingpin liked this
By BatDan
Its exciting in the fact that this is more GB content that can last us for a whole other 30 years. Lol

That being said, i wish they wouldve at least given us an idea of the concepts for each project.

Right now, we still know as much about the animated film as we did 5 years ago lol

I do remember the idea of one “being from the Ghosts perspective”

Some may disagree, but im hoping its an animated Slimer solo film.

Think Lion King 1 1/2 ..we recount Slimers side of the whole story during GB1
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
BatDan wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:52 am Some may disagree, but im hoping its an animated Slimer solo film.

I feel that devoting a whole project to Slimer's side of the story would be a general waste of a project. The increased focus on Slimer in the latter-part of the 1980s due to his relative popularity with younger viewers remains a bit of sore spot for a lot of fans - not helped that it encapsulates the period in which the worst of the network meddling began to leave a mark on The Real Ghostbusters.

I feel nowadays the majority of fans prefer Slimer in a limited role, and a whole project devoted to Slimer's side of the events of the first movie doesn't seem to be what fans are asking for if recent years are anything to go by.
By BatDan
Kingpin wrote: June 9th, 2022, 4:07 am
BatDan wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:52 am Some may disagree, but im hoping its an animated Slimer solo film.

I feel that devoting a whole project to Slimer's side of the story would be a general waste of a project. The increased focus on Slimer in the latter-part of the 1980s due to his relative popularity with younger viewers remains a bit of sore spot for a lot of fans - not helped that it encapsulates the period in which the worst of the network meddling began to leave a mark on The Real Ghostbusters.

I feel nowadays the majority of fans prefer Slimer in a limited role, and a whole project devoted to Slimer's side of the events of the first movie doesn't seem to be what fans are asking for if recent years are anything to go by.
Gonna have to disagree just a wee bit. Maybe in adult parts of the fandom, Slimer has run his course, and yes the over saturation of the Spud in the late 80s was a pretty cringe era.

However from my own eyes in recent years..Slimer still “hits” with kids.

My neices love Slimer, my girlfriend who teaches preschoolers..most of them have become big GB fans thanks to the cartoons on youtube, new toys, and movie..and their favorite ghost is, you guessed it: Slimer.

And given the animated films new directors past credits include “Hotel Transylvania”..im certain this new animated film it targeted for children as its main audience.

For me, it be a bit of a odd choice to market a new animated film to children with a brand new character and not one of the familiar iconic “mascot” ones (mini-pufts, muncher, etc) if thats what they plan to do, i still welcome what Jason and Gil have in store for us regardless.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]