Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Okay folks. While the other threads talk about what we want in the movie itself, I thought I'd start a thread about the most important issue. The Promotional STUFF!

I definitely want us to bring back Ecto Cooler, again! But this time, let's not botch up the release of it, eh? I loved the cans, but can we get them in stores this time and not online only? And for that matter, can you roll it out better? Cause finding it in stores last time was like finding a needle in a hey stack.

Bring back the twinkies. I loved the Key Lime Slime variant, personally.

T-Shirts with the new logo, whatever it is. But I think that will be obvious.
I was talking to some buddies of mine today about that and we talked about how it might be cool to release the stuff that you mentioned above. T Shirts, Mugs, Magnets, Ecto Cooler, Key Lime Twinkies Etc.

We thought it might be awesome if they went for broke and brought back the Ghostbusters Cereal for a limited time. :):):)
I don't have a long list. We'll get the merchandising if they advertise. I'm crossing the streams in hoping we have a better launch trailer this time around.

I want to see more fast food promotions cups, toys, etc. I'd love to see Ecto Cooler be brought back. (Never got it.)

Marshmallow twinkies should be brought back, and I would love to see the cereal come back as well. Including the old holograms on the boxes you got to order back in the eighties. One thing I would like to see with the new movie is a second uniform. While I love the flight suit I would like to see something like a leather jacket.

1. A tie in with a food establishment. Be it Hardee's, Wayback Burger, etc.

2. Ecto-Cooler. This is not even up for a debate. Would hope Coca-Cola gets their act together thought because it was damn near impossible to find last time around.

3. A Complete Series DVD release of The Real Ghostbusters AND Extreme Ghostbusters. How the HELL has Extreme never had a U.S. release at all? That's crazy.

4. Proper PKE. The Spirit one is nice, but I'd like to see a better one released. (Hell Mattel did a damn nice job negotiate it and let them make another batch.)

Yes some of this probably won't happen (props) but I feel strongly the rest could.
We have a local restaurant here called Burger and Barley. It’s a movie themed restaurant where each burger is based on a film. The Godfather, for instance, has mozarrella and pizza sauce. They have one called The Ghostbuster. Ghost peppers, jalapenios...pure deliciousness. Never had the Wayback burger that was released in 2016, but I’m happy to have this one.

Yes! Games...games...games. Heck, even a remaster of Ghostbusters TVG would be great. It still holds up pretty well. Just no more Sanctum of Slime style nonsense.
deadderek liked this
I’d like to have more Ghostbusters Lego sets. The Firehouse and Ecto-1 were awesome, but I always wanted another set like the rooftop or something. We never got a Gozer minifig. Assuming I’m happy with how the movie turns out, I’d be all in buying sets based on it.
Jangonate wrote: January 21st, 2019, 7:56 am Yes! Games...games...games. Heck, even a remaster of Ghostbusters TVG would be great. It still holds up pretty well. Just no more Sanctum of Slime style nonsense.
Michael Scott wrote: January 21st, 2019, 10:04 am I’d like to have more Ghostbusters Lego sets. The Firehouse and Ecto-1 were awesome, but I always wanted another set like the rooftop or something. We never got a Gozer minifig. Assuming I’m happy with how the movie turns out, I’d be all in buying sets based on it.

Funny you both say these as https://twitter.com/ChrizAkaTheMole/sta ... 31649?s=19 I replayed this today and really want a full game. This week I'll Replay the 2016 story pack too
@Jangonate Yes, Mattel lost the license to Ghostbusters sometime in 2016/17. I am sure that with the new movie on the way, we will see merchandise like action figures coming to big retail stores again. As a fan of the Playmobil sets, I am curious to see what they could do with the new movie on the way. Also more Lego sets would be nice too.
I want a model of whatever new variations the Ectomobile gets in the new movie. I love me a good model Ecto!

(And then I want the VOID VR Ghostbusters attraction to come to London as I had tickets for it in NY and it went and closed three weeks before I got there and I was heartbroken!)
Kingpin liked this
Jangonate wrote: January 20th, 2019, 9:08 pm I'm pumped about the action figures. Diamond Select has been fun in their offerings and I'd love for them to continue. Someone has to have mass retail though. Mattel lost the license, right? Wonder who might pick it up.
I dunno about mass retail figures... I mean, do we want new Ghostbusters figures that are as crappily-made as the general assortment of superhero figures that come out with each release? I mean, some are good... But a lot are really cheap-looking. :(

I'd like some more LEGO sets to come out of this, as well as some new T-shirts.
Belmont78 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm Interesting enough if you Google map ladder 8 it's got a renovation tarp over it. I don't know how recent it is though.
A bit old now. The renovations were completed last summer.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:39 pm
Jangonate wrote: January 20th, 2019, 9:08 pm I'm pumped about the action figures. Diamond Select has been fun in their offerings and I'd love for them to continue. Someone has to have mass retail though. Mattel lost the license, right? Wonder who might pick it up.
I dunno about mass retail figures... I mean, do we want new Ghostbusters figures that are as crappily-made as the general assortment of superhero figures that come out with each release? I mean, some are good... But a lot are really cheap-looking. :(

Belmont78 wrote: January 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm Interesting enough if you Google map ladder 8 it's got a renovation tarp over it. I don't know how recent it is though.
Of course I don't want some crappy figs, but there are companies out there that could handle a mass retail line. Jazwares has their Fortnite line that, besides being a bit pricey, are fantastic figs. Not huge into Fortnite, but my kids are and I'm impressed with them. If they used the same scale and articulation we might even get an Ecto for figures to fit in.

Don't know who would get the license, though, and it could end up being someone making 5 poa nightmares. But even with a mass release line it won't hurt Diamond if they continue making figs.
Jangonate wrote: January 21st, 2019, 2:04 pm
Kingpin wrote: January 21st, 2019, 1:39 pm

Of course I don't want some crappy figs, but there are companies out there that could handle a mass retail line. Jazwares has their Fortnite line that, besides being a bit pricey, are fantastic figs. Not huge into Fortnite, but my kids are and I'm impressed with them. If they used the same scale and articulation we might even get an Ecto for figures to fit in.

Don't know who would get the license, though, and it could end up being someone making 5 poa nightmares. But even with a mass release line it won't hurt Diamond if they continue making figs.
Give it Hasbro. They make everything else 😂
Jangonate wrote: January 21st, 2019, 5:39 pm They really do! Have you seen Hasbros Power Rangers? They just get it and one day there will be a Hasbro aisle instead of a toy aisle.

All said, though, I would be ecstatic if Hasbro got the license.
Yup star wars , transformers , power rangers , marvel , Star Trek , Fortnite , overwatch and much more

Plus I don't care what anyone says I'd love a Ghostbusters version of

Imagine an ecto-1 that could turn on to stay puft or a giant Ghostbuster. Is it accurate? No. Is it dumb? Yes. Would I buy one? No I'd buy 2 one to keep in box as I do and one to play with lol
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 9:23 am I would like a new boardgame!

I have bought the GB: boardgame, but I don't think it's that great apart from that it looks very good.
The one from Cryptozoic? Sad to hear you didn't like it. I thought it really fun. Complex and no one will play it with me, but still fun. I've had GB2 for a little while and need to play it, but haven't.
Jangonate wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 9:27 am
Alphagaia wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 9:23 am I would like a new boardgame!

I have bought the GB: boardgame, but I don't think it's that great apart from that it looks very good.
The one from Cryptozoic? Sad to hear you didn't like it. I thought it really fun. Complex and no one will play it with me, but still fun. I've had GB2 for a little while and need to play it, but haven't.
Yeah I got both and just didn't like all the dicerolling and portals. The ghosts seemed uninteresting in their random movements and I wish it had more substance and tactics instead of I hope I roll a six.

Anyways, it's still decent and looks great, so I hope we get more games. A tile based game could work, with one person playing the ghost (s) and the other the 4 Buster's would be great fun.

One needs to explore the site and capture the ghost, while the ghost secretly stalks around and needs to take out the busters with traps (falling bookcases and such) and sliming them.
SSJmole liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]