Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By VenomSymbiote
Recently started season 2. I think they flubbed in the scene where Dustin and Lucas ask Max to go trick or treating with them. In the scene she mentions they're wearing Proton Packs. They never say Proton Pack until GB2 though. From my understanding they were called this in the first movies script, but it's never said in the movie. Was there any info floating around about what they were called as far as the script goes? If nobody knew until GB2 rolled around then they dun goofed.
By RichardLess
Recently started season 2. I think they flubbed in the scene where Dustin and Lucas ask Max to go trick or treating with them. In the scene she mentions they're wearing Proton Packs. They never say Proton Pack until GB2 though. From my understanding they were called this in the first movies script, but it's never said in the movie. Was there any info floating around about what they were called as far as the script goes? If nobody knew until GB2 rolled around then they dun goofed.
I don't know but Real Ghostbusters used Proton Pack before GB2, granted that was 1986.
By deadderek
Ok here's a stretch but:

The boys being nerds got a copy of the script (maybe Bob had some friends in L.A.), and Max overheard them use the term at some point off screen.

There. :D
By RedSpecial
I'm sure the term must have been used on TV spots, articles or interviews at the time.

Given how obsessed the boys were, it's not hard to imagine that they could have learned it from there.
By VenomSymbiote
Oh yeah if there was any info out there floating around about what the packs were called, the boys would know. I just have no idea if such info was floating around. I guess that's the real question. Were they called Proton Packs anywhere before RGB, around October of 1984 in any piece of promo material, interviews, etc.
By VenomSymbiote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRDFTCf ... 6&index=58
Thanks for the vid! Was more or less exactly what I was curious about. So there were indeed some things floating around even in '84 that called them Proton Packs. It may be unlikely she knew but not at all impossible. Thought the instance was interesting since it didn't dawn on me until like 15-20 minutes after the Stranger Things scene in question.
By Stanz35
Venkman does mention a special they are having on “proton charging”. The kids in Stranger Things are pretty imaginative and smart, entirely possible they could have thought proton pack up.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this

It's pretty much gaurenteed to do better than An[…]

https://media.giphy.com/media/WoibLF7p60DMIOPo[…]

It's unclear whether they simply used it purely […]

Technically yes, it's rare because it's a mistake […]