Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Bison256
Something I've been thinking about for some time: why aren't there more uses for the ghostbusters' tech. It seems like the military might have some interest at least. Could the power source for the proton packs power an electronic car or motor cycle? This depends on which universe we are talking about. For instance in the animated RGB world NASA has huge space stations with artificial gravity, so the power level of ghostbusting tech is miniscule by comparison.
By zeta otaku
Well, we've seen Egon use his pack to power several spot lights taking on Samhein in the REAL Ghostbusters, so we know at least those proton packs are viable power sources.

However, I doubt Spengler or Stantz would want their proton tech in the hands of the military. They wanna bust ghosts, not make more. Aside from that, mini-nukes for civilian vehicles would be a TERRIBLE idea.

The only tech I could see them branching out with would be the PKE meter. Integrate them into cell towers and make a national detection grid or satellites for a global detection system.

Actually, maybe the use of mood slime for local authorities to quell specific situations safely and non-violently by defusing any nasty vibes (hostage situations and such)
By mrmichaelt
True, RGB used the tech in other ways. And they adapted a pack into an electric plant to soup it up and blast the Imp monster in "Janine's Day Off" - maybe the reverse - or in "Ghost Busted" they modified them to safely capture criminals.
By robbritton
I seem to remember there’s a bit on this in Ghostbusters: Crossing Over - the suggestion from Peck being that only Ray and Egon can maintain and run the stuff and any attempt to seize it for military purposes would be foolish.
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, Jenny admitted she was surprised no anonymous government agents ever came to take everything away then Peck revealed he made it clear how easily the Ghostbusters' shoddy technology could end all life on Earth without the proper care and maintenance.
robbritton liked this
By Bison256
robbritton wrote: March 17th, 2020, 3:00 pm I seem to remember there’s a bit on this in Ghostbusters: Crossing Over - the suggestion from Peck being that only Ray and Egon can maintain and run the stuff and any attempt to seize it for military purposes would be foolish.
I kind of remember that doesn't really holds water for me since Ron Alexander was able to reproduce the technology. Also can you imagine the heart attack Peck would have if he saw the afterlife trailer? Particularly the stinger from the international version.
Last edited by Bison256 on March 18th, 2020, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton, mrmichaelt liked this
By robbritton
Bison256 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 12:40 pm
robbritton wrote: March 17th, 2020, 3:00 pm I seem to remember there’s a bit on this in Ghostbusters: Crossing Over - the suggestion from Peck being that only Ray and Egon can maintain and run the stuff and any attempt to seize it for military purposes would be foolish.
I kid of remember that doesn't really holds water for me since Ron Alexander was able to reproduce the technology. Also can you imagine the heart attack Peck would have if he saw the afterlife trailer? Particularly the stinger from the international version.
Ron did get the tech wrong, in fairness!
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Bison256 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 12:40 pm I kid of remember that doesn't really holds water for me since Ron Alexander was able to reproduce the technology. Also can you imagine the heart attack Peck would have if he saw the afterlife trailer? Particularly the stinger from the international version.
Only because some official slipped him the schematics was he able to reproduce the technology then he put his own twist that nearly doomed the world.
By Bison256
mrmichaelt wrote: March 18th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 12:40 pm I kid of remember that doesn't really holds water for me since Ron Alexander was able to reproduce the technology. Also can you imagine the heart attack Peck would have if he saw the afterlife trailer? Particularly the stinger from the international version.
Only because some official slipped him the schematics was he able to reproduce the technology then he put his own twist that nearly doomed the world.
To be fair part of that was caused by Egon's (immortal? undead?) college friend catching "death" in a bag. Wow that was a weird story arch.
robbritton liked this
By mrmichaelt
Bison256 wrote:To be fair part of that was caused by Egon's (immortal? undead?) college friend catching "death" in a bag. Wow that was a weird story arch.
Ha ha, true. Basically an immortal anachronism until he released Death. But we digress.
robbritton liked this

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]