Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I really liked the Ghostbusters weapons they had in GB The Video Game, comics, and Ghostbusters 2016 (didn't like the movie itself though.)

It's interesting that in the main movie arc they have the classic Wand, Ghost Trap, and Slime Blower. I'm surprised they didn't have more weapons.

What are some weapons you wish they had in the GB franchise?
Defiantly the Ecto Grenades from the IDW comic books since they have helped out quite a bit each time they have appeared.
The un-used Statis Mines from the 2009 video game (photo-realistic version) also sound like they wound be really helpful in detaining ghosts during a mass haunting until they could be trapped. Also, one of my favorite weapons in the video game is the Boson Dart. It near gets old for me using it to clear obstacles out of the way or weaken ghosts so they can be trapped.
Rvonvolen liked this
Yes that's a very satisfying weapon ^

Some things I'd like to see:
- Machine Gun / Gattling Gun-style Proton Weapon: Something that hits ghosts with rapid energy
- Proton Pack that also Sucks Ghosts and Traps them: Like a proton pack with a mini-trap attached.
- Proton Gloves: Same idea as the 2016, but attached to a better GB movie.

Obviously the machine gun and gloves wouldn't fit the OG Ghostbusters, but maybe a later set of Ghostbusters.

Also why was there never a proton pack that could also trap a ghost, if even just singularly?
The thing with a pack equipped trap... that requires the entity to get WAY too close to the guy trying to trap it who is ALSO wearing a mini-nuke reactor.

I would've loved to see another time they used those laser grid trap things in the crystal shop in GBII. THAT was a cool toy.
Yeah the laser grid trap whatever were pretty cool, yet with way too short screentime. I also doubt the practicality. I thought the sniffer on top of the Ecto was actually a double-barrel proton cannon, which would have been quite handy for large ghosts as well as mobile hunts. I loved the video game upgrades to the proton pack, this feels like how their ghostbusting equipment would evolve...instead of shotguns, pistols and grenades...
GozerHadACoolDesign wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:26 am Also why was there never a proton pack that could also trap a ghost, if even just singularly?
The "ghost vacuum" makes an appearance in the XGB episode "Sonic Youth."

...I for one wish they had made more use of classic "ghost hunter" equipment, like microphones and camcorders, like you see in the beginning of GB1. I get that it's not as sexy as PKE meters and proton packs, etc., but sometimes ghosts are totally non-corporeal and therefore impossible to detect with the five senses, and you can't just go blasting with a proton gun. The ecto-goggles are great -- and we've now seen the Polaroid attachment -- but what if you could hook them up to a (VHS) camcorder or something, to actually review (or edit) footage when necessary? It would also be advantageous to have some kind of special audio equipment, to better hear EVP and ghostly noises outside the normal range of hearing. Stuff like that would also add to the comedy and drama, I think.

Also, I was a big fan of the ghost grabber weapons that you saw with the Kenner toys, and I wish they actually used them in the cartoon. Especially with smaller, relatively harmless ghosts, it would be a lot easier (and funnier) to just grab 'em with a ghost grabber (like frogs or bugs), rather than cause property damage with reckless proton blasting.
Ecto24601 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 5:55 am Yeah the laser grid trap whatever were pretty cool, yet with way too short screentime. I also doubt the practicality. I thought the sniffer on top of the Ecto was actually a double-barrel proton cannon, which would have been quite handy for large ghosts as well as mobile hunts. I loved the video game upgrades to the proton pack, this feels like how their ghostbusting equipment would evolve...instead of shotguns, pistols and grenades...
In the Nintendo DS port of the video game, the sniffer was actually a gun that could be used while driving the Ecto-1. I wish that they would've put a section in the Wii or Xbox/PlayStation versions where you could've driven the car or controlled the sniffer. I also would've liked to have maybe seen a 5th weapon mode that did something like fully automatic shots or one large charged shot, something like the Tau cannon from Half Life 1.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]